Google Maps hanging on Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 02:06 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
Google Maps hanging on Android Auto

Hey guys...so on my 2023 RDX, I have AA wireless. I am able to set a navigation path when I hold down the talk button on the steering wheel.
This works well enough..HOWEVER...the last few times I have used it, the map shows on screen but it doesn't update as I am driving, it gets STUCK.
I have to hold down the talk button again and ask to map the same route for it to refresh which is dumb. Anyone else have this issue ? The built in GPS may not be as good as AA google maps...but at least it works.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:23 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
Hey guys...so on my 2023 RDX, I have AA wireless. I am able to set a navigation path when I hold down the talk button on the steering wheel.
This works well enough..HOWEVER...the last few times I have used it, the map shows on screen but it doesn't update as I am driving, it gets STUCK.
I have to hold down the talk button again and ask to map the same route for it to refresh which is dumb. Anyone else have this issue ? The built in GPS may not be as good as AA google maps...but at least it works.
Issues like this are almost always a software incompatibility/software syncing glitch type of issue. Something in the vehicles infotainment isn’t playing nice/talking to the AA device.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:15 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
Issues like this are almost always a software incompatibility/software syncing glitch type of issue. Something in the vehicles infotainment isn’t playing nice/talking to the AA device.
OK...doesnt AA reboot every time the car starts ? Rebooting usually cures issues like this
Old 03-27-2024, 07:43 AM
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Just purhased a '24 RDX and haven't had my google maps freeze up on me. I never hold the talk button for directions I jus say "hey Google" say where I want to go and it finds the route for me. Usually once I get in the vehicle my AA connects Automatically. However, I do notice that when my AA connection is established once I get in the vehicle I am no longer able to toggle between stations or do any kind of swicth or swap on the infotainment from the toggle on the wheel. The fix I found to alleviate that issue was to simply turn power off the audio and turn it back on. Then everything works as intended. I believe it has something to do with the automatic connection from AA to the built in system on the RDX. It doesn't seem to like the auto switch for some reason I assume.