Does anyone else think the air conditioning is a little weak in the RDX....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy AC system is flawed - 3G RDX 2020 Advance

I just literally (about an hour ago) retrieved my car from the service center after having dropped it off to replace the AC lines and add freeon. Whats disappointing is that this car (2020 RDX Advance) is only a couple of months old. It took a special order for the parts and a waiting for over 40 days of a brutal summer season for them to fix the car. The AC lines were apparently leaking in 2 places. i notice a very minor difference in cooling after the repair but still not anywhere close to my older car (2008 MDX) that would be ice cold in just a couple minutes. I am absolutely convinced now that the 3G RDX has a flawed AC design. I regret buying this car. I should've just bought the M40i that I had considered before deciding on the RDX.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:56 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kiran Chalapathy
I just literally (about an hour ago) retrieved my car from the service center after having dropped it off to replace the AC lines and add freeon. Whats disappointing is that this car (2020 RDX Advance) is only a couple of months old. It took a special order for the parts and a waiting for over 40 days of a brutal summer season for them to fix the car. The AC lines were apparently leaking in 2 places. i notice a very minor difference in cooling after the repair but still not anywhere close to my older car (2008 MDX) that would be ice cold in just a couple minutes. I am absolutely convinced now that the 3G RDX has a flawed AC design. I regret buying this car. I should've just bought the M40i that I had considered before deciding on the RDX.

2020 RDX Platinum Elite
Old 08-24-2020, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Kiran Chalapathy
Hopefully it produces some heat in the winter to help lessen the blow of the mediocre A/C performance.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
When I first bought my 2020 RDX, it seemed to take forever for the car to cool down. Now it seems to work very well.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:06 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by MP in NC
When I first bought my 2020 RDX, it seemed to take forever for the car to cool down. Now it seems to work very well.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the RDX has some kind of GPS climate control, I have no idea what this means, but I have observed my fan speed changing when I turn corners...I could have to do with the way the sun hits a sensor on the dash, dunno, but living in AZ where we just had that HOTTEST month in recorded history, my RDX keeps me as cool as needed.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:36 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Indeed the automatic climate control Is tied to the GPS. Apparently that, combined with a solar sensor (in Tech trim and up?) means the climate control adjusts to cool the side of the car that is in direct sun. It’s all too clever by half as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve never seen the climate control adjust the fan speed either up or down. It always seems to be pegged at 3, which is too loud. I’ve taken to skipping the auto and just doing it manually. I still don’t think the air coming out is as cold as it should be.