CarPlay Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 04:48 PM
Pro

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts
CarPlay Question

Hi all,

I don’t use CarPlay in my 21’ Aspec that often, so I was just wondering if I should be disconnecting my usb cord from the car when I turn the vehicle off. I always take my phone, but usually just leave the cord plugged in. However, someone at work was telling me that it can cause drain on the battery. Is this true?

Also, does anyone use Apple Music? I subscribed to it today, and I’m really liking it. I have Sirius as well, and I like the Apple Music much better.

I really wish I had a touchscreen for car play though! Probably why I stopped really using it to begin with.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:06 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by swttsx007
Hi all,

I don’t use CarPlay in my 21’ Aspec that often, so I was just wondering if I should be disconnecting my usb cord from the car when I turn the vehicle off. I always take my phone, but usually just leave the cord plugged in. However, someone at work was telling me that it can cause drain on the battery. Is this true?

Also, does anyone use Apple Music? I subscribed to it today, and I’m really liking it. I have Sirius as well, and I like the Apple Music much better.

I really wish I had a touchscreen for car play though! Probably why I stopped really using it to begin with.
Hey, Naw you'll be completely fine leaving that cable connected.. I never disconnect my cable after removing phone.
I am a Apple Music subscriber and its sweet even though Spotify may have a bit more music, no complaints on my end with Apple Music.
The following users liked this post:
EFR (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
Hey, Naw you'll be completely fine leaving that cable connected.. I never disconnect my cable after removing phone.
I am a Apple Music subscriber and its sweet even though Spotify may have a bit more music, no complaints on my end with Apple Music.
Is there anything really cool about using Apple Music that isn't blatantly obvious to the average person? I am newer to using CarPlay and the whole Apple Music service. For the longest time, I was using Sirius. It definitely wasn't worth the money. I am actually getting Apple Music for $5.99/month because I am in graduate school - works for me!

My ONLY complaint is the lack of touchscreen in the RDX. The pad is kind of a pain to use. I am using Waze for maps/traffic, which has been working out well.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:25 PM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
Apple Music or any other internet streaming music service will have better sound than Sirius. Also a much larger catalog. You can create your own playlists/stations and there are lots of preset genre based stations/playlists. I'd suggest you play around with it on your phone first. Siri actually works pretty damn good with Apple Music so you can limit use of the remote touch.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:39 PM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Hi all,

USB cord u can leave plugged in 24x7….I’ve been using CarPlay/Apple Music since I have owned the RDX. It’s just awesome and you will find it easier to use as time goes on despite the touchscreen. Dumped Sirius a long time ago but they must be getting desperate as I keep getting mail offers for $5.- a month for lifetime. No thanks…..lol

Old 03-04-2023, 07:44 PM
Pro

I just picked up a wireless adapter off Amazon. It's great, I no longer have to use the USB cord. The only downfall is that my phone isn't charging, but I'm never that low on phone battery that it's an issue.
tecwerks (03-04-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 07:15 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just picked up a wireless adapter off Amazon. It's great, I no longer have to use the USB cord. The only downfall is that my phone isn't charging, but I'm never that low on phone battery that it's an issue.
So, do you have a link?
Old 03-12-2023, 07:50 AM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
If I am on a lengthy trip, the phone is plugged into a charging only port and the streaming port by the beverage holder has a third party device plugged into it that provides wireless CarPlay connectivity for the phone. When I leave the car with the phone I just unplug the charging cable. Locally, I don't usually bother with the charging cable and the phone can be completely detached from the car and still have CarPlay connectivity.
markm929 (03-14-2023)