2022 RDX is now OPEN on Acura build site!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 03:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
2022 RDX is now OPEN on Acura build site!!

2022 Acura RDX is now on the web site to build. Finally!!
The following users liked this post:
Jim7707 (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts
ASpec Advance AWD = $51,800

not bad
RDXwso (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 07:29 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Slightly higher than I was thinking. I was think $50K. Now it is $52845 with destination charge. PMC edition is only $1500 more.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:38 PM
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Slightly higher than I was thinking. I was think $50K. Now it is $52845 with destination charge. PMC edition is only $1500 more.
I didn’t think the Apec Advance would be $50k. Maybe you’re thinking of the Advance w/o ASpec?
Old 10-14-2021, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
A few years ago I was thinking of purchasing 2019 RDX but I bought something else. Now I’m almost sure I’d like the 2022 RDX. A couple of things that turned me off I’m now ok with. I went on the website to build what I would want and was surprised to see purple as an exterior color. That would be interesting to see!
Old 10-15-2021, 12:05 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
A few years ago I was thinking of purchasing 2019 RDX but I bought something else. Now I’m almost sure I’d like the 2022 RDX. A couple of things that turned me off I’m now ok with. I went on the website to build what I would want and was surprised to see purple as an exterior color. That would be interesting to see!
I had a '19 A-Spec....liked most all of it, but, the ride quality. Yes, the Adv. had the dampers that adjusted in Comfort mode..but, I liked the outside and inside of the A-Spec.
WELL....now....this A-Spec/Advance is JUST THE TICKET!! My wife loved driving the '19, and I know she'll love this one even more. Yes, we have a '22 MDX Adv. But, she
would rather have this new '22 RDX since it's not as big, and more fun to drive for her. Heck, I love our MDX, but, this RDX new model combo...well, I'll probably love driving
it too. From what I can discern at this point, that A-spec/Adv is really loaded....just like the MDX Adv, and I don't know what we'd be missing!!
I have had a white/red one on order for awhile...just to check it out. NOW after seeing all the info about it....my wife says....I want it. So, the one I ordered, no obligation to buy,
is being built around middle of Nov. IF that schedule holds. Can't wait to drive it. My name is on it, so it can't be sold until I either buy it or reject it. I'm a LONG time cust. of my
Acura dealer. Never any deposit wanted...they know they can sell, if not to me, to one of the MANY buyers in line who are waiting for inventory to look at and buy..without having
to order....and that is very rare in today's market. Acura just can't get the parts to build per normal...that's why they are 2 most delayed now.

I KNOW I will get a very good trade consideration for my '22 MDX...since they have ZERO of them on the ground to sell. Mine will move within 24 hrs.....they know that, and thus,
they will get right at MSRP for it...and I will get close to what I paid for it....and I did NOT pay MSRP. So, the swap won't hurt much at all. I have under 1K miles. It's white/parchment
with side steps, lots of clear bra, etc.
People are constantly asking them for a '22 MDX Adv...the most popular. All they can do is offer to order one, and wait to see when it can be made. The plant is approx. 2 mos. behind now.

The A-Spec/Adv. is approx. $10K less than a '22 MDX Adv. Not bad considering how loaded the RDX is.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 10-15-2021 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Add more info.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
khuang94 (10-15-2021), Leaf 68 (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:29 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I had a '19 A-Spec....liked most all of it, but, the ride quality. Yes, the Adv. had the dampers that adjusted in Comfort mode..but, I liked the outside and inside of the A-Spec.
WELL....now....this A-Spec/Advance is JUST THE TICKET!! My wife loved driving the '19, and I know she'll love this one even more. Yes, we have a '22 MDX Adv. But, she
would rather have this new '22 RDX since it's not as big, and more fun to drive for her. Heck, I love our MDX, but, this RDX new model combo...well, I'll probably love driving
it too. From what I can discern at this point, that A-spec/Adv is really loaded....just like the MDX Adv, and I don't know what we'd be missing!!
I have had a white/red one on order for awhile...just to check it out. NOW after seeing all the info about it....my wife says....I want it. So, the one I ordered, no obligation to buy,
is being built around middle of Nov. IF that schedule holds. Can't wait to drive it. My name is on it, so it can't be sold until I either buy it or reject it. I'm a LONG time cust. of my
Acura dealer. Never any deposit wanted...they know they can sell, if not to me, to one of the MANY buyers in line who are waiting for inventory to look at and buy..without having
to order....and that is very rare in today's market. Acura just can't get the parts to build per normal...that's why they are 2 most delayed now.

I KNOW I will get a very good trade consideration for my '22 MDX...since they have ZERO of them on the ground to sell. Mine will move within 24 hrs.....they know that, and thus,
they will get right at MSRP for it...and I will get close to what I paid for it....and I did NOT pay MSRP. So, the swap won't hurt much at all. I have under 1K miles. It's white/parchment
with side steps, lots of clear bra, etc.
People are constantly asking them for a '22 MDX Adv...the most popular. All they can do is offer to order one, and wait to see when it can be made. The plant is approx. 2 mos. behind now.

The A-Spec/Adv. is approx. $10K less than a '22 MDX Adv. Not bad considering how loaded the RDX is.
Glad to hear this meets both your wife and your wants! I have a deposit down for a pmc and im supposed to get it in Jan. Since you had the MDX did you ever feel it was too long? The main reason I'm going for the RDX is as you mentioned that its not as long and switching from a '18 CRV this will for sure drive way better.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:27 PM
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
after a hard look at a GLB 35 AMG, gonna do the Aspec Adv. too many issues with the GLBs and comparable options get EXPENSIVE quick and its really hard to find a car with what you want. no brembos, down on power, no aluminum knuckles, but otherwise, RDX has it beat feature-wise considerably. at least with the Acura a) you get EVERYTHING you could want in one package b) they're easier to find/price shop. and is sorta more fun to drive in a way anyway.

drove a X3 M40 and sorta hated it. just has that disconnected BMW feel, Q5 is too big for the limited storage it offers, and the interiors are getting cheap.

still, crazy what cars are getting up to nowadays.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:53 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by khuang94
Glad to hear this meets both your wife and your wants! I have a deposit down for a pmc and im supposed to get it in Jan. Since you had the MDX did you ever feel it was too long? The main reason I'm going for the RDX is as you mentioned that its not as long and switching from a '18 CRV this will for sure drive way better.
The size of the MDX hasn't been an issue for me...except it is a close fit in my garage. My wife is just kinda intimidated by it when out and about on narrow lanes on city streets,
and I could tell she was a little tense and unsure when driving it in close, tight traffic areas. I think the RDX is just her size....and it's not too small for me. It's just the 2 of us,
and it has plenty of room in the back for "stuff."

For me the issue with the PMC is the super fancy paint job. It takes 5 days to paint the PMC editions. So, what does that tell you when...if...but, good chance of when it gets scratched, or
more and needs body work and painting? No way will any body shop be able to "match" the damaged area!! Not the way it was done from new. It's just not worth the headache of worrying
about it. They make the "regular assy. line RDX" just fine. The body is well done and so is the paint. I've owned many Acuras.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
I think Acura has a "home run" in the mid cycle refresh with this "new RDX." I know I will like it more than the '19 I had. Their smart move was now offering
the A-Spec with the Adv. package. That's a BIG deal and I think they will sell a ton....LOL...IF they can get enough raw materials in to the plants to be able
to make them or an of the other Acuras. All company's are having the same problem. Ford is struggling, GM products....many are.

These new changes and configurations will really compete with the other brands with a much stronger offering.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 536 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I think Acura has a "home run" in the mid cycle refresh with this "new RDX." I know I will like it more than the '19 I had. Their smart move was now offering
the A-Spec with the Adv. package. That's a BIG deal and I think they will sell a ton....LOL...IF they can get enough raw materials in to the plants to be able
to make them or an of the other Acuras. All company's are having the same problem. Ford is struggling, GM products....many are.

These new changes and configurations will really compete with the other brands with a much stronger offering.
Hopefully they do this across the lineup, as I hated the idea of having to choose looks or functionality (the Advance has a lot of features that are useful to me on a daily basis).
Old 10-16-2021, 11:24 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL

Where do you see the PMC for "$1500 more"? And, can you 'build' a PMC on the Acura website? I don't see any mention of it at all. How do you get a PMC....just call the dealer and put in a verbal build/order?
Old 10-16-2021, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
Where do you see the PMC for "$1500 more"? And, can you 'build' a PMC on the Acura website? I don't see any mention of it at all. How do you get a PMC....just call the dealer and put in a verbal build/order?
You will be surprised, the PMC price on the 22 RDX landing page, on the PMC RDX banner just below the engine spec. $53300 pre-destination.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:45 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonyfever
You will be surprised, the PMC price on the 22 RDX landing page, on the PMC RDX banner just below the engine spec. $53300 pre-destination.

OK, got it...right in front of my eyes! But I don't see a way to 'build' a PMC, and as I think about it, is a 'build' necessary? From what I gather you get the Long Beach Blue, the Orchid interior, SH-AWD...there are no optics or package choices per se. So it's $51,000 plus delivery. (MSRP $51,000.* Contact your dealer to learn how you can order yours.), basically fully loaded and outfitted as a 2022 RDX SH-AWD Advance A-Aspec PMC. Do I have that right? So I just need to
1. Get permission form the wife.
2. Call the dealer and see what availability predictions are.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EFR
OK, got it...right in front of my eyes! But I don't see a way to 'build' a PMC, and as I think about it, is a 'build' necessary? From what I gather you get the Long Beach Blue, the Orchid interior, SH-AWD...there are no optics or package choices per se. So it's $51,000 plus delivery. (MSRP $51,000.* Contact your dealer to learn how you can order yours.), basically fully loaded and outfitted as a 2022 RDX SH-AWD Advance A-Aspec PMC. Do I have that right? So I just need to
1. Get permission form the wife.
2. Call the dealer and see what availability predictions are.
My understand is $53300+$1995 destination fee=$55295.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:51 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sonyfever
My understand is $53300+$1995 destination fee=$55295.
Hmmm...I don't know. The $51,000 was a copy/paste off of the 2022 build site....my God $1995 destination? That's a whole new level of profit center.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EFR
Hmmm...I don't know. The $51,000 was a copy/paste off of the 2022 build site....my God $1995 destination? That's a whole new level of profit center.
To be fair, PMC cars are transported like supercars in covered single-cae carrier. The car being dropped off at the dealership is an experience that you should not miss if you decide to go PMC.
Jim7707 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 06:38 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Got it...thanks. It sounds like you would not want to miss it...especially for 2K.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:24 PM
Instructor

spoken to two salespeople here in the bay area that have been complete jackholes (two others have been much better tbf). seems some salespeople dont want to even DISCUSS the 2022. they're pretending they have no idea when they're coming in. one even told me theyre charging $2500 ADM on **2021s!!!**. like bro, yall are getting 21s by the truckload, i don't think its a sellers market anymore for RDXs, if it ever really was.

whyyy is the Acura dealer experience still sooo inconsistent. every MB salesperson ive spoken to has been great. first world problems i know...
Old 10-16-2021, 09:42 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by FactoryMatt
spoken to two salespeople here in the bay area that have been complete jackholes (two others have been much better tbf). seems some salespeople dont want to even DISCUSS the 2022. they're pretending they have no idea when they're coming in. one even told me theyre charging $2500 ADM on **2021s!!!**. like bro, yall are getting 21s by the truckload, i don't think its a sellers market anymore for RDXs, if it ever really was.

whyyy is the Acura dealer experience still sooo inconsistent. every MB salesperson ive spoken to has been great. first world problems i know...
Going back three years when I was shopping for and bought my '19 Advance (that I no longer own), I was not all impressed with the dealer experience. I have had much better experiences at the Ford dealer, which is one of many reasons (when I decided to replace that RDX) I went with a Lincoln. My first Acura and my first Lincoln. So far, the dealers are worlds apart in both sales experience and service experience. The Lincoln isn't bad either!
The following 2 users liked this post by JB in AZ:
FactoryMatt (10-16-2021), Ih8honda (10-21-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 10:56 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Fully understand. I don't how many interactions I have had with car salespeople and felt like I was the smartest guy in the room, relative to the car. I usually walk in feeling like I have done my homework on the list of
'finalists' for that years car, but sometimes I am shocked bu what they either don't know, or pretend not to know. I have noticed a complete lack of recognition that a new model year is even coming out, but I always figured they don't care, they just want to sell what they have, so why risk getting the customer distracted for something that is still weeks, or whatever, away.
The following 2 users liked this post by EFR:
FactoryMatt (10-16-2021), JB in AZ (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 09:04 AM
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
Fully understand. I don't how many interactions I have had with car salespeople and felt like I was the smartest guy in the room, relative to the car. I usually walk in feeling like I have done my homework on the list of
'finalists' for that years car, but sometimes I am shocked bu what they either don't know, or pretend not to know. I have noticed a complete lack of recognition that a new model year is even coming out, but I always figured they don't care, they just want to sell what they have, so why risk getting the customer distracted for something that is still weeks, or whatever, away.
Yeah I’m sure that’s a big part of it. There’s no real incentive for a salesperson to engage if they can’t “get you in a car today.” And that’s not possible with a 2022 right now. There’s a Reddit for car salespeople that’s pretty fascinating to browse.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FactoryMatt

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Going back three years when I was shopping for and bought my '19 Advance (that I no longer own), I was not all impressed with the dealer experience. I have had much better experiences at the Ford dealer, which is one of many reasons (when I decided to replace that RDX) I went with a Lincoln. My first Acura and my first Lincoln. So far, the dealers are worlds apart in both sales experience and service experience. The Lincoln isn't bad either!
I have many Acura dealership options in my area and have dealt with a few, all have been terrible. Earlier this year I dealt with Acura sales and Hyundai sales for a similar used Acura and the Hyundai dealership experience was so much better.

This and a few other things are kind of steering me away from the brand.
FactoryMatt (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 10:03 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
I have many Acura dealership options in my area and have dealt with a few, all have been terrible. Earlier this year I dealt with Acura sales and Hyundai sales for a similar used Acura and the Hyundai dealership experience was so much better.

This and a few other things are kind of steering me away from the brand.
I have one Acura dealer, which is about 22 miles (half on interstate) ~45 minutes away. The next closest is ~100 miles (~1.5 hours), each way. TOO far. So basically I have one choice, at least for service, as I DO prefer to service where I buy...
FactoryMatt (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 10:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
It’s unfortunate that it took Acura this long to finally listen to what many customers have been saying: that we wanted A-spec cars with all the options from the Platinum Elite (Advance in the US). Who knows how many loyal customers they lost to other brands by being this late to come to their senses. Dumb dumb dumb.
The following 2 users liked this post by SebringSilver:
ESHBG (10-17-2021), FactoryMatt (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
It’s unfortunate that it took Acura this long to finally listen to what many customers have been saying: that we wanted A-spec cars with all the options from the Platinum Elite (Advance in the US). Who knows how many loyal customers they lost to other brands by being this late to come to their senses. Dumb dumb dumb.
I work for a Japanese co. (Assuming acura is overseen or funded by mothership here) and my Dad did his whole career. Generally/Culturally speaking, they love data and don't like to make decisions based upon hunches or inferences or anything else but cold hard retrospective data. This exposes them to less risk but also farrr less reward. They also tend to think buyers are captive, malleable, and have the same sensibilities they have. Sometimes you need a Bob Lutz to just go Yolo.
The following 2 users liked this post by FactoryMatt:
Ih8honda (10-21-2021), SebringSilver (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 01:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I have one Acura dealer, which is about 22 miles (half on interstate) ~45 minutes away. The next closest is ~100 miles (~1.5 hours), each way. TOO far. So basically I have one choice, at least for service, as I DO prefer to service where I buy...
I feel for the folks that don't have many options but if it makes you feel any better I have many and it's been the same crap.