2020 Acura RDX vs 2020 Lincoln Corsair, winner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 Acura RDX vs 2020 Lincoln Corsair, winner?

Hey guys, I recently did a comparison between the Acura RDX and Lincoln Corsair to see how they compare and what they have in common:

The following users liked this post:
Waetherman (01-08-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll have to watch this later. I came from the MKC and wanted a Corsair but the Lincoln dealers were absolutely out of their minds on a lease and weren't willing to budge
Old 01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by murdermaschine
I'll have to watch this later. I came from the MKC and wanted a Corsair but the Lincoln dealers were absolutely out of their minds on a lease and weren't willing to budge
You like the Corsair, the MKC wasn't my favorite.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:38 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Good comparo. These are two very similar vehicles. I did very briefly cross-shop the Lincoln, but I didn't like the look of it, and the interior space was not as good. And optioned the way I wanted, the RDX was a better value too.

One point on the video; you mention the lack of spare on the RDX, which as far as I know is not true. All models except A-Spec come with a spare mounted under the car. I think this is true in Canada too (where maybe even the A-Spec comes with a spare?). Also, I don't think the RDX has run-flat tires, but maybe this is a Canadian thing.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Waetherman
Good comparo. These are two very similar vehicles. I did very briefly cross-shop the Lincoln, but I didn't like the look of it, and the interior space was not as good. And optioned the way I wanted, the RDX was a better value too.

One point on the video; you mention the lack of spare on the RDX, which as far as I know is not true. All models except A-Spec come with a spare mounted under the car. I think this is true in Canada too (where maybe even the A-Spec comes with a spare?). Also, I don't think the RDX has run-flat tires, but maybe this is a Canadian thing.
You are absolutely correct, just confirmed with the guy at the Acura, very intelligent design. I have entered that part as extra info. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:20 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Yeah, the spare was a selling point for me. Having recently suffered a total tire-shredding at highway speeds (a rental), I won't drive a car that doesn't have one.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:34 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
I liked the video. Would be helpful to see a graphic of specs side-by-side of price, size, hp/tq, tech, etc...
Old 01-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I liked the video. Would be helpful to see a graphic of specs side-by-side of price, size, hp/tq, tech, etc...
I will add that on my next video.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Waetherman
Yeah, the spare was a selling point for me. Having recently suffered a total tire-shredding at highway speeds (a rental), I won't drive a car that doesn't have one.
I was surprised it didn't have one, till you told me.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would never buy another Ford motor company product, they engineer there vehicles to last through the warranty and anything after that is a bonus. That is why the resale value is so poor.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MENACINGTL
I would never buy another Ford motor company product, they engineer there vehicles to last through the warranty and anything after that is a bonus. That is why the resale value is so poor.
Bad experience with Ford? I had a Focus RS, I loved it no issues.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SamCarLegion
I'd personally call that luck. I've had one and only one Ford (and will never get another one)... V8 Explorer back in '99. Everything in the engine stopped working at around 45K miles... alway dealer serviced, and still couldn't ever get it work right. When their final answer was "it needs a tune up"... yeah...at 45K, when the manufacturer's recommendation was something like 90K or 100K. The genius service manager's response "oh..well...that's under 'normal' driving conditions"... when I lived in the suburbs and drive a mix of highway/city for 13 miles each way daily...right...highly "abnormal driving conditions". HA!

rdevillers (07-25-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,859 Likes on 14,004 Posts
The Ford Focus RS is an amazing car. Ford also makes some good trucks. I think where things go a bit sideways for some is at the CUV/SUV segment.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yumcha
The Ford Focus RS is an amazing car. Ford also makes some good trucks. I think where things go a bit sideways for some is at the CUV/SUV segment.
Maybe, their new Explorer is amazing. Never owned an SUV from Ford so can't speak much. Also, everything is case by case.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:31 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
There are plenty of reliable American products these days. Their quality and fit & finish are better these days too. I've seen plenty of Fords during my wrenching days last well into the 6-figure mileage mark without a hiccup. They had similar build quality issues as most Hondas. Toyota seems to be putting out 8-speed automatic transmissions in all their latest V6s that are taking a shit, from their sedans to their SUVs, including Lexus ... not to mention when their cars were killing people due to horrible programming that made their cars go WOT without a failsafe (blamed on thick carpets [WTF?]).

Moral of the story ... get what you like. All car are fucking junk at the end of the day built on profit over anything else.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MENACINGTL
I had an MKC before this and the fit&finish, smoothness, mpg, ride quality and interior noise were better on that 2017 than it is on my 2020 RDX... I also had zero issues with it, maybe I was lucky
hand-filer (03-12-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
There are plenty of reliable American products these days. Their quality and fit & finish are better these days too. I've seen plenty of Fords during my wrenching days last well into the 6-figure mileage mark without a hiccup. They had similar build quality issues as most Hondas. Toyota seems to be putting out 8-speed automatic transmissions in all their latest V6s that are taking a shit, from their sedans to their SUVs, including Lexus ... not to mention when their cars were killing people due to horrible programming that made their cars go WOT without a failsafe (blamed on thick carpets [WTF?]).

Moral of the story ... get what you like. All car are fucking junk at the end of the day built on profit over anything else.
Just for the record: Toyota's were not killing people, ignorance was. If your car "runs away", just turn it off or shift it to neutral, it will stop. (I know a NASA engineer who worked on the testing of these cars and they NEVER found anything wrong with them. They did find a large dose of "operator error" in how people reacted when the floor mat got stuck.) Audi went through the same "run away computer programing" myth years ago. Again, it wasn't the computer, it was the pedal placement being offset from what people were use to. Cars don't stop when you have the accelerator pedal, not the brake, pushed hard to the floor!
As for the reliability of American cars, that is a crap shoot.While many will go a long distance may of them don't quite match up to some of the imported vehicles. Our old '99 Accord Honda is still running after over 225,000 miles. Of course I know Ford and GM owners who can say the same.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:47 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Ford expedition XLT, 5.4 triton...awesome motor if u take care of it

130 k in 22 yrs......1 owner 😎 duel exhaust naturally aspirated V8 5.4 L still runs like a top after taking very good care of it for 22 years
Old 03-12-2020, 09:48 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wmkim
I'd personally call that luck. I've had one and only one Ford (and will never get another one)... V8 Explorer back in '99. Everything in the engine stopped working at around 45K miles... alway dealer serviced, and still couldn't ever get it work right. When their final answer was "it needs a tune up"... yeah...at 45K, when the manufacturer's recommendation was something like 90K or 100K. The genius service manager's response "oh..well...that's under 'normal' driving conditions"... when I lived in the suburbs and drive a mix of highway/city for 13 miles each way daily...right...highly "abnormal driving conditions". HA!

1998 Ford expedition XLT, 5.4 triton...awesome motor if u take care of it

130 k in 22 yrs......1 owner 😎 duel exhaust naturally aspirated V8 5.4 L still runs like a top after taking very good care of it for 22 years
Old 03-12-2020, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
The Corsair is nice but the back seat was the deal killer. If you have taller kids or adults to move around then think carefully before getting the Corsair because that back seat is just not very big or comfortable. The Corsair does a lot of things well, certainly some better than the RDX, so depending on what you want it is a very nice option. Honestly, if I did not have to transport people in the back seat then I probably would have taken the Corsair over the RDX.

Although, I would not step up to the top package with the 24-way seats. It may have been the Reserve II package or whichever gets it to $55k. Anyway, I screwed around with the seats for a full 20min and could not get them to be as comfortable as the RDX 16-way seats in 1 minute. It was not the deal killer though because given enough time I bet they could be adjusted to be more comfortable.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:21 AM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are absolutely correct, just confirmed with the guy at the Acura, very intelligent design. I have entered that part as extra info. Thank you for your feedback.

that’s not true. Just bought a 2020 rdx fwd advanced package and there’s no spare. However I did see it on the same model/pkg sh-awd version.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:32 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Originally Posted by DontTouchTheWatch
that’s not true. Just bought a 2020 rdx fwd advanced package and there’s no spare. However I did see it on the same model/pkg sh-awd version.
Well if you have an FWD car you really don’t need a spare - you can just take one off one of the other wheels!

Seriously though, I was under the impression that only A Specs didn’t have a spare included but you are correct. This thread goes through the process of getting one, if that’s helpful.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
In spite of the fact that it is a well known fact, (well that is redundant!) the SH-AWD offers more than just safety in foul weather driving, I also own a FWD Advance, with NO spare tire. Living in the desert, AC is far more important that AWD. I don't drive like a rally care driver, so I had no need for ADW. Spare tire? I was only mildly surprised it didn't come with one, many new cars now do not, but more surprised to find that other RDX trims/models do come with a spare. Why the difference between trims?

While it doesn't doesn't bother me that I have no spare tire, or remote engine start for that matter, it does baffle me when I try to think of what Acura was thinking when they made these decisions. CR-Vs have remote engine start from the FOB. Every car I have owned since 2014 has had remote engine start from the FOB, except the RDX, But I have only used this function 3 or 4 times.

I guess Acura was thinking of me when they deleted these "extras" from the standard feature list! Haha
Old 05-24-2020, 09:51 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
It is strange how car makers decide what "extras" they put on their cars. As for a spare tire: In the past twenty or more years I have only used a spare time one time. If I had an inflation kit I would have avoided changing the tire that one time I did. I drove my Nissan Xterra eleven years without ever having used the spare tire but always felt safer with it. We traveled to some far away spots where AAA or other serviced just didn't exist. That said I still want a spare tire on my cars! I guess the lack of a spare would be a deal breaker for me. Maybe I am just old and set in my ways but darn it, all cars should have spare tires! (Well, they do have those "run flat" tires where the sidewalls are so stiff they can run without air in them. Even then....