Navi showing incorrect location

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Navi showing incorrect location

This issue started while I was under the 4yr/50k mile warranty. Right now I'm at 59k miles. Due to the frequency of this issue, I had to order the 2021 Brown map update to see if it fixed the issue per Acura Client Relations and local stealership recommendation. After applying the update while driving on the FL turnpike, the navi still shows the incorrect location. Other than the map update, I had the TSB 18-011 applied back in September 2020. The dealer now wants $110 for the diagnostic fee to pinpoint this issue (I don't want to pay this fee or pay anything to this dealer).

I'm pretty old school, so I am that type of person that uses the factory navigation. And from using Android Auto on the parents deathbox mobile, AA doesn't use the specific music app that I use to listen music.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 304 Likes on 212 Posts
Having gone through this with my '17 MDX Tech, I can say that there's no magic solution to this. Mine was under warranty, and would consistently show incorrect locations. Typically it would happen shortly after starting to drive the car, and magically find itself anywhere from 5-10 minutes later. For the most part, from that point it would be OK until the next time I started the car, then it'd be a crap shoot whether it would work or not. The dealer did the TSB, reset the whole system, updated the NAV database, replaced the nav unit. the HDD, the display and the antenna - all under warranty - and nothing completely fixed the problem. And the dealer did all of this on their own. After all that we opened an official case with Acura and went nowhere. For me, because I had a 30 year relationship with the dealer, they "bought" me out of my lease at 18 months, and moved me to a new lease on my current '19 Advance. I won't go into the financial details, but let's just say I moved from one vehicle to another with virtually nothing out of my pocket and a slightly higher monthly payment due to the change to an Advance. And my buy-out at the end of the lease is less than my 17 Tech would have been. In my case my dealer stepped up big time - and corporate didn't do much of anything. Not sure if they EVER fixed that '17 - I've seen it driving around from time to time. Maybe the new owner doesn't use nav. In my case I had 20 different video and photo events documented as evidence - that was the key to getting my resolution.....