2014 MDX is here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
The voice controls are excellent, the more you are used to them. I teach my clients only how to use their Tech features by voice because if you understand this method and the steps, you can do it manually by button when stopped as well.

As the vehicle learns your voice a bit, and you learn how to and how not to say certain things, it becomes easier. Setting destinations and full addresses by voice, for example, are much faster by voice than typing.
It would be great if you could make some youtube videos on the best ways to use voice commands with these new nav units.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by printf
I just picked my AWD-Advance White/Eucalyptus! Happy with the car, but sad for what I ended up paying (MSRP sigh..) MDX 2014 sells well. One MDX Tech pack was being sold when I was writing the application. This dealership sold 6 MDXes so far.
May I ask what is the Out The Door (OTD) price for your car. I also live in the bay area and want to know what price to expect so that the dealer doesn't mark up on the fees. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alkus77
I got body side molding, bumper protector, bumper trims front and rear, sport running boards , illuminated sill plates, cargo cover, cargo net, and will get fog light as soon it's available . I got everything from acura of Peoria 866-347-4510, they can give you 25% off and free shipping ! If you didn't buy the acessories yet call them to order, they are very good.
Please share with us your experience with the cargo cover. It seems like you have to fold down the 3rd row seat to use it. Also, do you plan to install the cargo cover yourself or let the dealer do it. Base on the installation instruction, you need to drill four holes to install it. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I got body side molding, bumper protector, bumper trims front and rear, sport running boards , illuminated sill plates, cargo cover, cargo net, and will get fog light as soon it's available . I got everything from acura of Peoria 866-347-4510, they can give you 25% off and free shipping ! If you didn't buy the acessories yet call them to order, they are very good.
Did you get a quote for these accessories from your dealership? Please share your pictures with these accessories and let us know how you will install them and cost (if a dealership installs them).Thank you!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraHL91
Please share with us your experience with the cargo cover. It seems like you have to fold down the 3rd row seat to use it. Also, do you plan to install the cargo cover yourself or let the dealer do it. Base on the installation instruction, you need to drill four holes to install it. Thanks.
Sure I will have it installed next Tuesday by the dealer , so it will be part of the warranty, I will post some photos too. Yes u have to fold down the 3rd to use it and it probably needs to drill to install , it does have the space to lock in the cover next to the second row, right behind it, but not to extend it and latch it in place.
The following users liked this post:
AcuraHL91 (07-01-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by printf
Did you get a quote for these accessories from your dealership? Please share your pictures with these accessories and let us know how you will install them and cost (if a dealership installs them).Thank you!
I bought them already , $1,800, free shipping no tax , to install everything I did not quote it yet, I will receive everything on Friday and I made an appointment on Tuesday , I will pay the dealer to do it , let you know cost and will post pics same day!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
2014 MDX, 2011 Audi B8 S4

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tommorow I am getting the Advance Running Boards installed, Side Body Molding and Backup Sensors + Labor = $1,600!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GbosilTLS07
Tommorow I am getting the Advance Running Boards installed, Side Body Molding and Backup Sensors + Labor = $1,600!
So about $400 labor ... Ridiculous. Acura really knows how to hose a person ... You think you know what a car is going to cost and then there's all these add one you fail to consider that are often included on other cars in their price.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs
So about $400 labor ... Ridiculous. Acura really knows how to hose a person ... You think you know what a car is going to cost and then there's all these add one you fail to consider that are often included on other cars in their price.
-Exactly! I got them to knock 10% off Parts and Labor..I think Labor came to $300 total. Still it's like ...bend over!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
'14 MDX sighting on the roads of MD...graphite luster...soccer mom driving, but them LED DRLs...wow....looks almost sinister. i saw the DRL and was like , hmm...that's not an audi...holy crap! it's a '14 MDX! real world on the road impression, it has presence with those DRLs. i'm sure more will be popping up in the in next few months. i still have yet to see an RLX on the streets around here.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 PM

The main issue is right now...they are charging MSRP. So with a SH-AWD / Tech / Entertainment you are at 51.6K + tax + any accessories you want added...on avg with labor in total you are looking at a $57K+ vehicle! That's pretty $$$$$ considering what you can get in that price range. I can attest to this price!

Last edited by GbosilTLS07; 06-29-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The main issue is right now...they are charging MSRP. So with a SH-AWD / Tech / Entertainment you are at 51.6K + tax + any accessories you want added...on avg with labor in total you are looking at a $57K+ vehicle! That's pretty $$$$$ considering what you can get in that price range. I can attest to this price!
Wow, sounds like some people have their head up their Azz? Why would anyone pay that for a mass produced SUV??
Old 06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Easy. If the buyer likes it enough and can justify the price, they'll pay for it. The 2G MDX proved this in sales. Even though you're in BMW X5 (or another competitor) territory, you'll still come out on top when it comes to maintenance/reliability with the Acura. The competitors will cost more to own. IMO they're all outstanding vehicles for what they're marketed for. It just depends on what certain buyers are looking for. Some may take the X5, some may take the MDX, and others may want the MB G-Class/M-Class.

If I were to be able to afford something this expensive I'd go for the MDX, it's an all-around vehicle, plus I know I wouldn't live at the dealer like I would with the X5 or M-Class. I'd rather be on a first name basis with my SA for routine maintenance instead of constant warranty claims. Once again, they are ALL excellent vehicles.

I've always wondered why the Japanese make pretty solid/reliable vehicles, but the Germans can't. It's not like it isn't possible. I guess it comes down to the perception of the buyer. You buy a MB, BMW, Audi etc, you already know they'll be some issues with the car and expect to see the dealer more than normal. With an Acura, Lexus, Infiniti you expect the car(s) to come out the gate reliable, which is mainly true for the most part.

Last edited by Acura_Dude; 06-29-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Even at MSRP, the MDX is an INCREDIBLE deal.

Most of my clients on them have also been looking at new MB GL's, X5's, etc. To get even remotely the same level of equipment and features, you can be thousands and thousands more. Or in the case of a client I had also looking at GL's vs. a new MDX Adv/Ent, the GL he said he was looking at was nearly $80k. Enough said.

Just because it's an Acura, doesn't mean the only way you buy one is at best bid under invoice. Recognize the value and quality, and fact that you are not driving distressed merchandise (Nissan, Ford, Toyota, etc. that sell a deal not a car).

The 2014 MDX is an incredible drive. The hardest challenge now is inventory and specifically even Advance/Entertainment inventory, as it is in demand but also always meant to be limited production vs. other models.
Acura_Dude (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
It would be great if you could make some youtube videos on the best ways to use voice commands with these new nav units.
GREAT idea!

We have 2 YouTube channels for our store, and I would be happy to do this soon. I only teach my clients voice commands for most, as if you can do this, you can do everything including the same manually by touch buttons.

The new system is also smarter, in many ways than before as well. Looks like a lot, but if you can use a Smartphone, it is not that different.
Acura_Dude (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 PM
David_Dude

Let's not forget that people will always see a BMW as prestigious brand and Acura not on the same level (or a brand that's perceived as cheaper for people who can't afford a BMW, but in reality there's some price overlapping and more value when it comes to Acura). Once again it's all perception. I have a neighbor who drives a base BMW 328i and you can tell he thinks he has the best car in the neighborhood, while his next door neigbor has a VW Tiguan that's loaded with HIDs and everything. I feel like halogens on a luxury car is cheap. At that price point HIDs could at least be standard equipment, especially when non-luxury manufacturers have them as options on some models (Toyota, Mazda, Ford, etc).

Now if we were talking about driveability then that's a whole different story, Germans have that area locked down. I remember my first M3 experience in high school. Most teens drove normal 5-10yr old vehicles and this one kid has an M3. He was known for his car. Though that's been 8 years ago.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 PM
David_Dude

Beach109 explained my point better than I did.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Most of my clients on them have also been looking at new MB GL's, X5's, etc. To get even remotely the same level of equipment and features, you can be thousands and thousands more. Or in the case of a client I had also looking at GL's vs. a new MDX Adv/Ent, the GL he said he was looking at was nearly $80k. Enough said.

Just because it's an Acura, doesn't mean the only way you buy one is at best bid under invoice. Recognize the value and quality, and fact that you are not driving distressed merchandise (Nissan, Ford, Toyota, etc. that sell a deal not a car).

The 2014 MDX is an incredible drive. The hardest challenge now is inventory and specifically even Advance/Entertainment inventory, as it is in demand but also always meant to be limited production vs. other models.
Deal?? Here is what I call a deal. I bought a 2008 Aston Martin Vantage in 2009 that was 6 months old. 3k miles MSRP $158k. I bought it for $90k, drove it for 2 years and sold it for $92k. If you pay MSRP now for a new MDX you are paying at least $3k more then you would have to pay in 12 months. JMHO
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
The official pricing for the upcoming (fall 2013 release) 2014 BMW X5 has just been announced. Just for comparison's sake, let me post them along with the official pricing of the 2014 MDX. All prices exclude destination.

2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i (V6 AWD) $56,025 (base trim)
2014 X5 sDrive35i (V6 RWD) $53,725 (base trim)

2014 MDX (FWD) $42,290 (base trim)
2014 MDX SH-AWD $44,290 (base trim)

2014 MDX with Advance with Entertainment Package $54,505 (fully loaded trim)
2014 MDX SH-AWD with Advance with Entertainment Package $56,505 (fully loaded trim)

For roughly the price of the base trim 2014 BMW X5, you can buy the fully loaded trim of the 2014 Acura MDX. The point that I'm trying to make here is the value that you get from the new MDX. It may not be as luxurious or sporty as the X5 but it's more reliable (at least based on general perception), handles fairly well, has a high level of technology and safety and represents a rare balance of being a family-oriented and driver's vehicle.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
Deal?? Here is what I call a deal. I bought a 2008 Aston Martin Vantage in 2009 that was 6 months old. 3k miles MSRP $158k. I bought it for $90k, drove it for 2 years and sold it for $92k. If you pay MSRP now for a new MDX you are paying at least $3k more then you would have to pay in 12 months. JMHO
$3K is chump change...just sayin' hell...I carry that in my pocket ...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by OhioMDXer
The official pricing for the upcoming (fall 2013 release) 2014 BMW X5 has just been announced. Just for comparison's sake, let me post them along with the official pricing of the 2014 MDX. All prices exclude destination.

2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i (V6 AWD) $56,025 (base trim)
2014 X5 sDrive35i (V6 RWD) $53,725 (base trim)

2014 MDX (FWD) $42,290 (base trim)
2014 MDX SH-AWD $44,290 (base trim)

2014 MDX with Advance with Entertainment Package $54,505 (fully loaded trim)
2014 MDX SH-AWD with Advance with Entertainment Package $56,505 (fully loaded trim)

For roughly the price of the base trim 2014 BMW X5, you can buy the fully loaded trim of the 2014 Acura MDX. The point that I'm trying to make here is the value that you get from the new MDX. It may not be as luxurious or sporty as the X5 but it's more reliable (at least based on general perception), handles fairly well, has a high level of technology and safety and represents a rare balance of being a family-oriented and driver's vehicle.
Correct. And perfect point.

This is a similar debate to the "why don't I get 0%?" question people now are used to asking. All based on something done by distressed sellers years back, but is now considered the norm. Distressed merchandise vs. competitive and popular.

Compare the new 2014 MDX to anything out there in the crossover or SUV class, and you will not find a vehicle that does everything it does, at anywhere near as impressive of a pricepoint. The fact it does that at such an attractive price point is even more impressive.

Great to have a standout vehicle. My last client had a 2007 MB GL320 CDI, purchased new in 2007. With how much it cost new, expected it to last. It didn't. After normal warranty was up, it cost thousands per year just to keep running and lights off. 94k miles and it was due for at least $4000 in repairs again. After that, Acura and the new MDX will be a new world.

Cheers to everyone on here who now owns a 2014. Great to be one of the first able to enjoy this vehicle, and not wait

Time for me to make some videos, for instructional. For those that have 2014's, how well did your dealers do on tech and features set up with you?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Instructor

So you must be the chump Acura is looking for
Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
'14 MDX sighting on the roads of MD...graphite luster...soccer mom driving, but them LED DRLs...wow....looks almost sinister. i saw the DRL and was like , hmm...that's not an audi...holy crap! it's a '14 MDX! real world on the road impression, it has presence with those DRLs. i'm sure more will be popping up in the in next few months. i still have yet to see an RLX on the streets around here.
I too, have yet to see a '14 MDX on the street.
RLX is another story.

So, yesterday I was in the Galleria area of Houston travelling on Westheimer. In my rearview mirror I spotted some sinister looking headlights/DRL. Like you, I thought, that's not Audi. As it got closer, I was like "holy cow, that's an RLX!"

It really looks good and very high end on the street. And the size of the car is really noticeable from the previous gen. It has a very Lexus LS or E-class type of luxury presence. And those headlights! Seeing them in your rearview mirror makes you want to get out of the way so it can pass and not eat you as prey.

Back on topic, Acura did a fine job with the Jewel Eye headlights on both the RLX and MDX. This will indeed bring positive attention to the brand again from a real world perspective. I keep looking out for the new MDX, but have yet to spot one. It will be another great seller, as has been stated many times over.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 146 Posts

I agree with your assessment of the 2014 MDX. Same goes for the 2014 RLX-my brother leased one last week and I drove it extensively-awesome vehicle and very underrated. Miss your postings lately on the RLX thread !!!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Instructor

Correct. And perfect point.

This is a similar debate to the "why don't I get 0%?" question people now are used to asking. All based on something done by distressed sellers years back, but is now considered the norm. Distressed merchandise vs. competitive and popular.

Compare the new 2014 MDX to anything out there in the crossover or SUV class, and you will not find a vehicle that does everything it does, at anywhere near as impressive of a pricepoint. The fact it does that at such an attractive price point is even more impressive.

Great to have a standout vehicle. My last client had a 2007 MB GL320 CDI, purchased new in 2007. With how much it cost new, expected it to last. It didn't. After normal warranty was up, it cost thousands per year just to keep running and lights off. 94k miles and it was due for at least $4000 in repairs again. After that, Acura and the new MDX will be a new world.

Cheers to everyone on here who now owns a 2014. Great to be one of the first able to enjoy this vehicle, and not wait

Time for me to make some videos, for instructional. For those that have 2014's, how well did your dealers do on tech and features set up with you?
No one should ever own a Mercedes if it is not under factory warranty. Now if he bought a Lexus it would be a different story.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:53 PM
David_Dude

Owning an exotic. So much win in this post. Was maintenance a nightmare?

Originally Posted by OhioMDXer

That's why resale value drops like a rock for German cars. Too expensive to keep after the warranty is up. Honda in general has a steller resale value.

The 1G TSX and 3G TL are still going for the mid-teens in price. with average mileage for their respective year(s).

No one should ever own a Mercedes if it is not under factory warranty. Now if he bought a Lexus it would be a different story.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:51 PM
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Let's not forget that people will always see a BMW as prestigious brand and Acura not on the same level (or a brand that's perceived as cheaper for people who can't afford a BMW, but in reality there's some price overlapping and more value when it comes to Acura). Once again it's all perception. I have a neighbor who drives a base BMW 328i and you can tell he thinks he has the best car in the neighborhood, while his next door neigbor has a VW Tiguan that's loaded with HIDs and everything. I feel like halogens on a luxury car is cheap. At that price point HIDs could at least be standard equipment, especially when non-luxury manufacturers have them as options on some models (Toyota, Mazda, Ford, etc).

Now if we were talking about driveability then that's a whole different story, Germans have that area locked down. I remember my first M3 experience in high school. Most teens drove normal 5-10yr old vehicles and this one kid has an M3. He was known for his car. Though that's been 8 years ago.
Proud owner of a new Forest Mist/Eucalyptus ADV/ENT. Coming from a 2008 GL550, which was by far the worst vehicle we ever owned. For $80K I would have expected better than Yugo-level quality. Also, it drove like a truck. We test drove a 2013 GL450, which is a vast improvement over the 2008 dynamically, but the quality spectre is still there. Interestingly, the MDX has similar ride quality to the Mercedes, but handles better, and we saved about $30K for a comparably equipped vehicle. If you look at interior volume, the Benz is a bit bigger, but the MDX is within 5-10% in all important parameters. It also gets much better gas mileage than the GL450. Third row seats are higher and bigger in the Benz, but there is no sliding second row so no way to increase 3rd row legroom as in the MDX. We test drove an ML Bluetec, which was pretty sprightly in town, but a dog on the highway, I can only imagine how bad the GL Bluetec would be in performance. We gave up a bit of prestige compared to the MB, but honestly I am over that. The GL is a little plusher, but the difference was not significant for us.

We also test drove the JX, which is beautifully finished inside, but is no match for the performance of the MDX. The Audi Q7 has a tiny 3rd row, is way more expensive, and is a gas hog.

I really enjoy driving the MDX. Our other car is a 2001 BMW 540i, which we love (and by the way has been amazingly reliable). The MDX certainly doesn't compare to the Bimmer dynamically, but so far I have never felt deprived driving the Acura. The ride quality, handling, features, fuel economy, and value place the MDX at the top of the class. And the Eucalyptus interior is beyond beautiful. We were happy to pay MSRP for the Acura (we got a few perks from the dealership).

By the way, I don't understand the argument that it is foolish to pay MSRP now, when one could save a couple thousand bucks by waiting a few months. Doesn't the car depreciate every month into the model year? When the 2015's come out, the 2014's are going to drop in value, and by buying now we will have had that much more time driving the car. Am I missing something here?

Raj
The following 2 users liked this post by Sraj:
Elm5 (07-01-2013), JeffS (07-01-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
but there is no sliding second row so no way to increase 3rd row legroom as in the MDX

Question? If you slide the second row up to give more legroom in the 3rd row, doesn't that take away legroom from the 2nd row? I thought the sliding feature was to make it easier to get into the rear 3rd row.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 PM
10th Gear

Two in my hood, Silver and Black. Yes, the DRLs look sick and the first time I saw the black one was very sunny and those things were screaming look at me. They make the car look very aggressive, both cars driven by soccer moms also and no accessories.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by ls973800
but there is no sliding second row so no way to increase 3rd row legroom as in the MDX

Question? If you slide the second row up to give more legroom in the 3rd row, doesn't that take away legroom from the 2nd row? I thought the sliding feature was to make it easier to get into the rear 3rd row.
The second row has always slid forward to provide access to the third row. It now slides on a 3 inch longer track making it even easier. The addition of adjustability does not provide "magical" extra space. It does allow you to re-apportion the available space across all three rows.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ls973800

It does, but then at least you can control the leg room compromise between the first, second, and third rows.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:55 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by Sraj
Proud owner of a new Forest Mist/Eucalyptus ADV/ENT. Coming from a 2008 GL550, which was by far the worst vehicle we ever owned. For $80K I would have expected better than Yugo-level quality. Also, it drove like a truck. We test drove a 2013 GL450, which is a vast improvement over the 2008 dynamically, but the quality spectre is still there. Interestingly, the MDX has similar ride quality to the Mercedes, but handles better, and we saved about $30K for a comparably equipped vehicle. If you look at interior volume, the Benz is a bit bigger, but the MDX is within 5-10% in all important parameters. It also gets much better gas mileage than the GL450. Third row seats are higher and bigger in the Benz, but there is no sliding second row so no way to increase 3rd row legroom as in the MDX. We test drove an ML Bluetec, which was pretty sprightly in town, but a dog on the highway, I can only imagine how bad the GL Bluetec would be in performance. We gave up a bit of prestige compared to the MB, but honestly I am over that. The GL is a little plusher, but the difference was not significant for us.

We also test drove the JX, which is beautifully finished inside, but is no match for the performance of the MDX. The Audi Q7 has a tiny 3rd row, is way more expensive, and is a gas hog.

I really enjoy driving the MDX. Our other car is a 2001 BMW 540i, which we love (and by the way has been amazingly reliable). The MDX certainly doesn't compare to the Bimmer dynamically, but so far I have never felt deprived driving the Acura. The ride quality, handling, features, fuel economy, and value place the MDX at the top of the class. And the Eucalyptus interior is beyond beautiful. We were happy to pay MSRP for the Acura (we got a few perks from the dealership).

By the way, I don't understand the argument that it is foolish to pay MSRP now, when one could save a couple thousand bucks by waiting a few months. Doesn't the car depreciate every month into the model year? When the 2015's come out, the 2014's are going to drop in value, and by buying now we will have had that much more time driving the car. Am I missing something here?

Raj
Thanks for your input on this. Glad the 540i isn't giving you any trouble. Also glad you enjoy the MDX.

Originally Posted by dagmdx
Two in my hood, Silver and Black. Yes, the DRLs look sick and the first time I saw the black one was very sunny and those things were screaming look at me. They make the car look very aggressive, both cars driven by soccer moms also and no accessories.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM
10th Gear

Well, a salesman I will not be. I failed to convince my neighbor to purchase the new MDX. Instead he opted for the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit (why??? he doesn't offroad). I went for a ride and the Jeep is a very nice vehicle. Surprised at the interior and the actual ride. What I would be concerned about is the lesser warranty of 3 years and the overall reliability. The vehicle actually was impressive. I guess when I purchase my 2014 I can at least be unique in the neighborhood.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
I saw a WDP/what seemed like Eucalyptus interior since I was in slight traffic in Sacramento, it was most certainly a Adv/Ent model wheels gave it away.

I couldnt take a photo, well because I was driving and my phone was dead.

I really want an MDX, I may just sell my 3G TL and find an 09-10 MDX to last me until the refresh MDX comes out. Gives me more time to save for a new MDX well enjoying the best CUV/SUV that I have always wanted.

I love my TL but always wanted an MDX due to truck like height and accommodates 5 adults and 2 children= Utility. Need that degree and job to start saving for a new one.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 AM
David_Dude

Mando, IDK if you like 07-09 better or the 2010-13 MDX (MMC) better. I like MDX as well and I'd shoot for the MMC.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sraj

Raj
Congratulations on your purchase but that argument is not without flaws. You cannot link depreciation with savings. Savings is absolute: the less you pay, the more you get to keep in your pocket. Depreciation on the other hand is inevitable: the moment you sign on purchase agreement that clock keeps ticking. Now, or 6 months from now, is pointless. Savings on the other hand is not. Its nice that you can afford to buy the car now. Not everyone can.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Intermediate

Sure I will have it installed next Tuesday by the dealer , so it will be part of the warranty, I will post some photos too. Yes u have to fold down the 3rd to use it and it probably needs to drill to install , it does have the space to lock in the cover next to the second row, right behind it, but not to extend it and latch it in place.
Thanks. Looking forward for your photos.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Mando, IDK if you like 07-09 better or the 2010-13 MDX (MMC) better. I like MDX as well and I'd shoot for the MMC.
I had an 09 base and now have a 12 Tech, I'd lean toward the the 10-13 over the 07-09.
Acura_Dude (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
David_Dude

Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i'd say the MDX is an early hit...my dealer had about 40 on their lot june 21...now...they have NINE. this is assuming i read their inventory right since the '14's are all grouped together in their listings. not sure if they had a delivery of more recently, but holy cow.

Quick Reply: 2014 MDX is here!