Feedback on Modulare Forged wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback on Modulare Forged wheels

Just looking to get some feeback on how you feel about the Modulare Forged wheels. I am wondering where I can find them and for how much. Thinking either 18 or 19's, not sure yet. Also have the M11's in mind however they make several different wheels that I am interested in.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

You just need to google online to find out more about them. Here's one site on the M11(19" to 22"): http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail_wheel&PID=214774

But I will pass on them, short of using them for racing, no wheel is worth $1445 each, we are talking about $6K without tyres.

Not the kind of wheels for our TSX in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Cruisin'

Holy Shit!!! did not realize they were that much. When I went on their site the gallery was full of all top end cars but Damn!! that's alot of money per wheel! No way I would ever spend that on a wheel. At least not yet while still in college. But also I was considering the Varianza T1S but it seems they are very popular among TL's and although I am in love with the wheel I dont want to have a wheel that everyone else has.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Varianza T1S are nice but at $800 per wheel it's still pretty steep. Look at RonJon, their wheel are made specially for Honda/Acura vehicle and you can get their 19" Legend rims for $345 each or 18" for $270.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah I know of RonJon's. The owner actually is from right around my neighborhood and my good friend knows him personally. Maybe I can get a good discount! His wheels are pretty nice but I haven't found anything of his that I absolutely love yet. I guess I need to look harder.

My older brother who has turned me on to cars has always told me Do it big or don't do it at all haha so I am not too worried about spending money if it is well worth it but I will continue looking for wheels. I'm in no rush.

Also another question I am looking at purchasing either shocks or coilovers but my brother told me stay away from coilovers because I will see significant changes in the stiffness of the ride. Should I go with shocks and if so what brand?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Take your time, by the look at your screen name I assumed you have a 2010 V6 model which means your car is pretty new.

Wheels and tires are very subjective preferences, set a budget on how much you are willing to spend and then go the tirerack or discounttires site to check on what's available.

Before you decide on shocks or coilover, remember when you go for larger diameter rims, 19"-20", your ride comfort will suffer as they will have less sidewall due to the lower profile tires needed. Most springs, will lower your car between 1"-2" , cost around $2-300 and there is usually no need to change the shocks. Coilover such as Tein or KW are nice and fully adjustable to suit your driving preference but cost over $1000. If you do own a V6 model, the choices are more limited as most of the stuff are for CU2 (2.4L) and not CU4 (3.5L) model.

Good luck and be patience. Remember this is your car, so take advice from fellow members and your family (brother), but ultimately decide what suits you the best.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Cruisin'

Yes I do own a 2010 V6 (CU4) and it is only a few months old. And after reading that I am going to start looking at buying springs. Have any suggestions?

Definitely no need for coilovers especially since this will not be a track car and althought I would love to autocross it with my brother, FWD automatic cars aren't the best choice for autocross. I will stick to driving my brothers M3, much more fun!

I appreciate the warm welcome and the advice and I am definitely looking foward to the upcoming years.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
We have the forged 3 piece wheel, DT3-F if you want to go big, $1000 a piece for fully custom built wheels from scratch, we can do them any way you like, aggressive fitment, OEM fitment, polished lip, powdercoated lip, even a custom design on the face of the wheel:

Sky is the limit.

Also the new Vega wheel is a great look on the TSX:

Old 07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Cruisin'

Not a fan of the custom design on the face of the wheel althought it is pretty sick. Don't like the last wheel either but the one in the middle is right up my alley. : )

I think I'm going to hold off on wheels until I have some extra money to play with. For now my plans are to just buy springs and leave the stock V6 wheels on. But I will definitely reach out to you and Mario over at Proformance when I start to shop more seriously.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by ShootaV6
Not a fan of the custom design on the face of the wheel althought it is pretty sick. Don't like the last wheel either but the one in the middle is right up my alley. : )

I think I'm going to hold off on wheels until I have some extra money to play with. For now my plans are to just buy springs and leave the stock V6 wheels on. But I will definitely reach out to you and Mario over at Proformance when I start to shop more seriously.
I'm sure we have something you will like, and yeah, We work close with proformance to provide the market with the highest quality 3 piece wheels and customized standard wheels. I strongly suggest to come over to the warehouse and just take a look at the designs in person, you will be pleasently surprised and we are not that far.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:53 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i think the best looking RJ wheel is the vega. slightly concave, gunmetal looking color. i just dont like how its not like other wheels where u can see lug nuts holes or w/e in the middle.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rondog
I'm sure we have something you will like, and yeah, We work close with proformance to provide the market with the highest quality 3 piece wheels and customized standard wheels. I strongly suggest to come over to the warehouse and just take a look at the designs in person, you will be pleasently surprised and we are not that far.
I definitely would like to come by the warehouse. What's the best way to go about doing that? I cant PM you since I'm still new. Do you know Ant Rizzo? His father has a shop over in Tuckahoe.