I hate Honda/Acura today, I hate car dealers everyday!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got hit with the 19,300 miles and your rear brakes need new pads and we must cut the rotors. By the way that will be $300.00 and we don't have a recall or TSB but you may check the class action law suite that will only pay $150.00 on something any that car should be able to go 30K to 50K on, no less a luxury car.

This was all after do you want the $150.00 B1 service? That was just an oil change and 100 things that they will CHECK!!! Are you kidding me, check my ass did you find my brain?

OK I feel better now.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
[QUOTE=cyberbro;12324185]I hate Honda/Acura today, I hate car dealers everyday!

I just got hit with the 19,300 miles and your rear brakes need new pads and we must cut the rotors. By the way that will be $300.00 and we don't have a recall or TSB but you may check the class action law suite that will only pay $150.00 on something any that car should be able to go 30K to 50K on, no less a luxury car.

This was all after do you want the $150.00 B1 service? That was just an oil change and 100 things that they will CHECK!!! Are you kidding me, check my ass did you find my brain?

OK I feel better now.[/QUOTE

Still have the original brake pads on my 06 tsx and I have all the service done by honda/acura dealers.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Racer

[quote=nj2pa2nc;12324218]
Originally Posted by cyberbro

OK I feel better now.[/QUOTE

Still have the original brake pads on my 06 tsx and I have all the service done by honda/acura dealers.

That is the way a break pad should last, this is a later model issue.
The dealer is correct to replace it, I'm mad at Honda for that one. I could not belive the balls of the dealer for a $150.00 (B1 Service) oil change and they "check" a lot of things. Yeah right.

Last edited by cyberbro; 09-08-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not do service yourself? oil changes are cake so are brake pads.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I already bought new rotors for my car at 8,500 miles, the front's warped so easy. Shit happens, you get over it.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
I just had to have my rear brakes replaced yesterday as well at 20,300 miles, and I will be filing a claim for the partial reimbursement.

My experience with my car thus far has been a little disappointing. In 1.5 years of ownership I have had to have:

- 6 speakers replaced (all 4 doors and both rear deck speakers)
- XM module was just replaced; note feature did not work (the tell-tale sign) and unit cut in and out OFTEN.
- Rear brakes replaced at 20,300 miles (LAME!).

Little annoyances:

- Backup camera does not activate here and there (very sporadic and next to impossible to duplicate for the dealer).
- Head unit does not play some burnt CDs all of the time, but the CD works fine after ejecting and never has an issue in other players.
- Blue tooth does not work properly all of the time; will show as the phone being connected, but then calls cannot be transferred to the BT system. Restarting the car clears it right up (but VERY annoying when it happens when you are driving and can't just stop somewhere to do that).

I really try to avoid first year models but my '94 Accord was on its last legs and I needed something fast. I have an earlier build '09 TSX and boy, do I sure know it! LOL It helps that these items are fixed under warranty and the dealer has been okay to deal with thus far, but A) all of these electronic gremlins doesn't give me much hope for when after the warranty period expires and B) it's a huge inconvenience to have to schedule these appointments and having a brand new car ripped apart.

Oh well like most machines, not perfect at all and there will always be a few bad apples in the bunch (and fitting with my luck, I get one of them LOL). I did expect a better experience and quality at this price point, though.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I just had to have my rear brakes replaced yesterday as well at 20,300 miles, and I will be filing a claim for the partial reimbursement.

My experience with my car thus far has been a little disappointing. In 1.5 years of ownership I have had to have:

- 6 speakers replaced (all 4 doors and both rear deck speakers)
- XM module was just replaced; note feature did not work (the tell-tale sign) and unit cut in and out OFTEN.
- Rear brakes replaced at 20,300 miles (LAME!).

Little annoyances:

- Backup camera does not activate here and there (very sporadic and next to impossible to duplicate for the dealer).
- Head unit does not play some burnt CDs all of the time, but the CD works fine after ejecting and never has an issue in other players.
- Blue tooth does not work properly all of the time; will show as the phone being connected, but then calls cannot be transferred to the BT system. Restarting the car clears it right up (but VERY annoying when it happens when you are driving and can't just stop somewhere to do that).

I really try to avoid first year models but my '94 Accord was on its last legs and I needed something fast. I have an earlier build '09 TSX and boy, do I sure know it! LOL It helps that these items are fixed under warranty and the dealer has been okay to deal with thus far, but A) all of these electronic gremlins doesn't give me much hope for when after the warranty period expires and B) it's a huge inconvenience to have to schedule these appointments and having a brand new car ripped apart.

Oh well like most machines, not perfect at all and there will always be a few bad apples in the bunch (and fitting with my luck, I get one of them LOL). I did expect a better experience and quality at this price point, though.

Got the car back today and just filled out the claim. I wonder how long the new breks will last?

I have had them all: Toyota, BMW, Mercedes to name a few and they all had there problems. I had a Boxster S a few years back and that was the only car I has Zero problems with. I'm sure if I had it longer then the 2 years I did I'm sure somthing would have come up.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Known problems of the 2G TSX. Sorry to hear.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Could be worse...if you owned a real luxury car you would have to pay alot more for services and parts.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
but it is a nice feature their stopping power is above par.
take that into consideration.
customers want, shorter braking distance, less noise, less brake pad residue, increased life. thats not going to happen. get over it move on. true the pads wear a bit faster, true this model has overall improved braking distance compared to others in its class.
its a give and take. be glad you have the option of resurfacing rotors. try and have a benz rotors resurfaced, bet that 800+ dollar price for a brake service will send you running back to that 300 dollar brake service.
its okay to vent, but harsh words carry more weight than kind words. this affects me since my business is in the acura world. kappeeesh
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eg5
customers want, shorter braking distance, less noise, less brake pad residue, increased life. thats not going to happen. get over it move on. true the pads wear a bit faster, true this model has overall improved braking distance compared to others in its class.
its a give and take. be glad you have the option of resurfacing rotors. try and have a benz rotors resurfaced, bet that 800+ dollar price for a brake service will send you running back to that 300 dollar brake service.
its okay to vent, but harsh words carry more weight than kind words. this affects me since my business is in the acura world. kappeeesh
I'm sorry but this is nothing but excuses in an attempt to justify a poor product. Brake pads should last much longer than 20K miles (or less) and comparing prices to others for something that should work RIGHT and not have to be repaired like this is not a good argument at all.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by eg5

I'm sure a new Bugatti would be 10k, I should be happy with break pads that don't last as long as a Chevy and cost $300.00 beca? not a good point on your part. I'm the first to say that Acura is a great line of cars, I have two. I'm not going to sit silent when they do something wrong and not call them on it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but this is nothing but excuses in an attempt to justify a poor product. Brake pads should last much longer than 20K miles (or less) and comparing prices to others for something that should work RIGHT and not have to be repaired like this is not a good argument at all.
Brake pads are a consumable item on ANY car. It all depends on how you use it. I just did my fronts with 42K on the car. The rear's lasted to 38K. If you are so upset at them, do them yourself. And for the same price or less, put a better pad/rotor on the car. I just put EBC Green stuff on, so far better stopping power, and feel, all for the low price of $45 bones. Took me all but an hour. Only because I washed and waxed the rims at the same time. Pads will last as long as your style of driving. Short quick stops down from 60, will wear them out faster than a slow controlled stop. Just my .02
Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cyberbro
I'm sure a new Bugatti would be 10k, I should be happy with break pads that don't last as long as a Chevy and cost $300.00 beca? not a good point on your part. I'm the first to say that Acura is a great line of cars, I have two. I'm not going to sit silent when they do something wrong and not call them on it.
Most of these people are missing the point, cyberbro. There is a reason there is a class action lawsuit against Honda/Acura for brake pad replacement. They used a poor quality, inexpensive product on a vehicle to cut costs and they got busted! Too bad that we, the customers, still get shafted with an additional $150 out-of-pocket and have to jump through hoops to file a claim for reimbursement.

Not all of us are techs or the do-it-yourself types. I am "hard" on my brakes and I have never had to replace pads, resurface/replace rotors before 50k miles. I cannot wait for this lease to end!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eg5
Yeah, I'm learing my lesson with Acura. Should've bought the BMW 325i for nearly the same price: brake service included, oil changes included and windshield wiper inserts included. We learn some of life's little lessons the hard way. For what I'm spending in trips to the dealership for all of these "minor" issues, I probably could've even bought a 5-Series BMW.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vq30gtr
Brake pads are a consumable item on ANY car.
Yes, I know.

It all depends on how you use it. I just did my fronts with 42K on the car. The rear's lasted to 38K.
Then you are one of the lucky ones. Like bcart said above, there is a reason why there is currently a class action lawsuit. I don't abuse my brakes and baby my car. And no matter how you slice it, brakes pads should not be failing in as little as 8000 miles in some cases.

If you are so upset at them, do them yourself.
Are you going to find me a place to do them myself at? I live in an apt. in an urban area, I do not have the luxury of this option.

And for the same price or less, put a better pad/rotor on the car. I just put EBC Green stuff on, so far better stopping power, and feel, all for the low price of $45 bones. Took me all but an hour.
Fitting with my response above, and this would not be possible for me.

I am amazed at the lengths people will go to try to justify and defend bad products.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bcart
Yeah, I'm learing my lesson with Acura. Should've bought the BMW 325i for nearly the same price: brake service included, oil changes included and windshield wiper inserts included. We learn some of life's little lessons the hard way. For what I'm spending in trips to the dealership for all of these "minor" issues, I probably could've even bought a 5-Series BMW.
If BMW Series 3 matches to all TSX features and fuel efficiency and about the same price, I'll jump on it at any time.
One thing that I've been heard over and over and over again is German cars maintenance cost is very very high.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pinatubo
If BMW Series 3 matches to all TSX features and fuel efficiency and about the same price, I'll jump on it at any time.
One thing that I've been heard over and over and over again is German cars maintenance cost is very very high.
The 325i does not have the interior technology of the TSX (but it did have push button start and automatic wipers). I was test driving both when I was in the market for a new vehicle. It was a tough decision. The payment for the BMW was almost $20 higher/month than the TSX but my insurance on the TSX is $20 higher/month, as compared to the BMW, so it would have been a wash.

I lease my vehicle; therefore, maintenance would not have been an issue with the BMW. Oil changes, brake pads and wiper blade inserts are included. Anything else major would have been covered under the warranty and I would be turning the car in 45k miles.

I really wish I had gone with the BMW...
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by bcart
The 325i does not have the interior technology of the TSX (but it did have push button start and automatic wipers). I was test driving both when I was in the market for a new vehicle. It was a tough decision. The payment for the BMW was almost $20 higher/month than the TSX but my insurance on the TSX is $20 higher/month, as compared to the BMW, so it would have been a wash.

I lease my vehicle; therefore, maintenance would not have been an issue with the BMW. Oil changes, brake pads and wiper blade inserts are included. Anything else major would have been covered under the warranty and I would be turning the car in 45k miles.

I really wish I had gone with the BMW...
Should have but since you did not try to enjoy the tsx. I personally love mine- a few minor problems but I have an excellent dealer. I drive to many miles so leasing is not for me. When your lease is up get the BMW and hopefully no problems with it.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

I received my check today, for those interested. It only took a few weeks and the paperwork was simple, so definitely take the time to do it!