2010 TSX shuts off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 TSX shuts off while driving

My 2010 Acura TSX has been completely shutting off while DRIVING! I'm the first owner of the car, no accidents, and I've had it for 3 years now... This first started with problems turning on the vehicle. It would take about 10 times turning the key in the ignition to finally start. Then it shut off while driving on the freeway at 70 miles per hour. Luckily I was able to get off without any problems.
I took it to the dealer, and they kept it for almost a week, and couldn't find anything wrong with it. They "test" drove it daily without any problems... I was using a loaner car and now they gave me back my car. Thanks to my bad luck, the car shut off on me again on the freeway, 3 times! I'm taking it back tomorrow, but I have a feeling they will say yet again, that there is nothing wrong with it....
Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this to happen?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ericka562
My 2010 Acura TSX has been completely shutting off while DRIVING! I'm the first owner of the car, no accidents, and I've had it for 3 years now... This first started with problems turning on the vehicle. It would take about 10 times turning the key in the ignition to finally start. Then it shut off while driving on the freeway at 70 miles per hour. Luckily I was able to get off without any problems.
I took it to the dealer, and they kept it for almost a week, and couldn't find anything wrong with it. They "test" drove it daily without any problems... I was using a loaner car and now they gave me back my car. Thanks to my bad luck, the car shut off on me again on the freeway, 3 times! I'm taking it back tomorrow, but I have a feeling they will say yet again, that there is nothing wrong with it....
Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this to happen?
Have the car towed to the dealer and call Acura immediately. They need to get the regional representative involved.

You should also report the incidents here
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
its happened to my father in the car once, but im certain its unrelated to your issue. my main key no longer fully locks in the extended position so what happened was my dad put the key in the wrong way(so that it can actually fold down) and he had it on his key chain which is haevy. at one point, the lock gave out, and the key folded down and turned the car off because the key went to the acc position
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Have the car towed to the dealer and call Acura immediately. They need to get the regional representative involved.

You should also report the incidents here
I'm inclined to agree with getting the car to a dealer before you try to restart it (and yeah, I know, a huge paint in the neck). This has to be an electrical/fuel issue (based on your having trouble starting the car, and it then just dying at highway speeds). As with many things that are intermittently faulty, once the failure has been reset (by restarting your car for instance in this instance), the fault is erased (since Acura has already looked at the car with neg results, it has to be something that is not providing a code to the on board diagnostics).