2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Oh, pussy shit... Alright well good luck with it when y'all do it. Def 2 people will be best for the diffuser! I remember when people told me it would look bad on a stock bumper! I bet they thought we landed on the moon too! Idiots!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i may try something on my diffuser soon. i may get it repainted when i get the bodywork done, to get rid of all the NYC bumps and dings on the rear, so i don't wanna try it yet, but soon. my idea is, if you spray it, then after each spray, trace the edge of the tape with a toothpick, you should sever the connection of the plasti, and you can do the regular process to let it dry. also, if you do the flash spray, when you do something like the bumper, start out from the middle and get the entire body covered well, then you can do the entire outline to where the tape is in a few sweeping motions, that way you have less to flash spray and more time to remove the tape
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
ROTAREDOM

Originally Posted by PyroDave
i may try something on my diffuser soon. i may get it repainted when i get the bodywork done, to get rid of all the NYC bumps and dings on the rear, so i don't wanna try it yet, but soon. my idea is, if you spray it, then after each spray, trace the edge of the tape with a toothpick, you should sever the connection of the plasti, and you can do the regular process to let it dry. also, if you do the flash spray, when you do something like the bumper, start out from the middle and get the entire body covered well, then you can do the entire outline to where the tape is in a few sweeping motions, that way you have less to flash spray and more time to remove the tape
Was thinking the same thing, except I would flash spray first then move down instead of the other way around. I dont think the toothpick thing will work to be honest. Because it smears just like regular paint when it hasnt turned plastic yet. Flash spraying works really well though, thats how i did my pin stripes in the picture I sent you a while back, the one on my mirror.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah im not tackling the diffuser just yet, But im doing the A and Bar, I hope to god my spoiler arrives on time, havent decided if i should do Nokya arctic white drl or Hyper yellow.
I also have Red Overlay, I will get the Tails overlayed this weekend hopefully.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Pro

PISSED OFF
Trunk lip comes in the mail today, test fit it. Fits awesome!!! there is less than a CM gap ! almost fits like oem. paint finish beautiful, soft shiny sparkly BUT IT DOESNT MATCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I PAID FOR A PAINTED LIP BlC I DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO A BODY SHOP AND HAVE THT DOWN TIME AND ILL END UP AT A BODY SHOP ANYWAY!! They are getting messaged now and i want the cost of paint back!

Oh and i painted the chrome trunk Bar, didnt get to the A, I might leave it chrome, Just blc the handles are chrome on the side and so is the front. SO a blacked out rear l chrome everywhere else might look funny. Next is the diffuser, and im ordering mudflaps

Says NH788PX on the back of the spoiler, which is our color? But wtf!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoaarLow
PISSED OFF
Trunk lip comes in the mail today, test fit it. Fits awesome!!! there is less than a CM gap ! almost fits like oem. paint finish beautiful, soft shiny sparkly BUT IT DOESNT MATCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I PAID FOR A PAINTED LIP BlC I DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO GO TO A BODY SHOP AND HAVE THT DOWN TIME AND ILL END UP AT A BODY SHOP ANYWAY!! They are getting messaged now and i want the cost of paint back!

Oh and i painted the chrome trunk Bar, didnt get to the A, I might leave it chrome, Just blc the handles are chrome on the side and so is the front. SO a blacked out rear l chrome everywhere else might look funny. Next is the diffuser, and im ordering mudflaps

Says NH788PX on the back of the spoiler, which is our color? But wtf!

That sucks. Send it back!!! Also how did you paint the chrome bar? I hate it as well and want it a different color
Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
ROTAREDOM

awwwww that blows man, wonder if they just sent you a PWP instead?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
did they charge you extra for custom paint?

They have all the main colors pre painted and lying around, i doubt they have 2012 colors stocked without extra charge right now and they prolly just said fuck it and sent you PWP
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Safety Car

he had to pay 40 or 50 extra to get it custom painted from what i remember. which is why he is pissed
Old 03-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by larryt1026
That sucks. Send it back!!! Also how did you paint the chrome bar? I hate it as well and want it a different color
I want a refund if not I'm going thru PayPal
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
awwwww that blows man, wonder if they just sent you a PWP instead?
I doubt it, It's not even a PWP, It's has a baby blue tint to the white. I'll try again in "different lighting" to make myself feel better. but it's obviously different.
Originally Posted by KillerG
did they charge you extra for custom paint?

They have all the main colors pre painted and lying around, i doubt they have 2012 colors stocked without extra charge right now and they prolly just said fuck it and sent you PWP
they stock PWP but you can pay more for it painted another color, Paid the exta $50 to avoid the body shop issue and Now it'll end up there regardless.
he had to pay 40 or 50 extra to get it custom painted from what i remember. which is why he is pissed
Still waiting on their reply. I might just order a roof spoiler and see of that comes matched if not send them to paint together
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Tell em why you mad bro!

That sucks forreals tho.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr. NC
Tell em why you mad bro!

That sucks forreals tho.
Live and Learn, Wont buy anything painted off of Ebay, Went to my Body shop,
Said minimum of $100, and they messed up wl the pearl or something like that.

Deciding if i want to have the grill chrome trim paint matched. But idk if Acura will consider that "damage" When my lease is up. Does anyone know?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Safety Car

Live and Learn, Wont buy anything painted off of Ebay, Went to my Body shop,
Said minimum of $100, and they messed up wl the pearl or something like that.

Deciding if i want to have the grill chrome trim paint matched. But idk if Acura will consider that "damage" When my lease is up. Does anyone know?
i wouldn't do it. if you REALLY want it paintmatched, do it yourself, the chrome bar should be easy. defcon has the right type of paint in a can i believe, just plastidip first, make sure you have several good layers, then paint over it. it should still come off at the end of the lease with the plastidip
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Pro

i wouldn't do it. if you REALLY want it paintmatched, do it yourself, the chrome bar should be easy. defcon has the right type of paint in a can i believe, just plastidip first, make sure you have several good layers, then paint over it. it should still come off at the end of the lease with the plastidip
So youre saying use the plastidip as a foundation and spray the BWP over it?
The BWP is going to have the plasti texture look to it. Im not sure about it. id want it smoothhhhh.

I just want my trunk lip painted and mounted already!!! Im Super Pissed off about this whole shit! and im still waiting on a response from the seller on ebay.... :angry:
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Safety Car

So youre saying use the plastidip as a foundation and spray the BWP over it?
The BWP is going to have the plasti texture look to it. Im not sure about it. id want it smoothhhhh.

I just want my trunk lip painted and mounted already!!! Im Super Pissed off about this whole shit! and im still waiting on a response from the seller on ebay.... :angry:
yes, thats what im saying. my plasti comes out pretty smooth... just ask slick, he commented how smooth it came out. honestly everyone thinks its powdercoated
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Looks great and sorry to hear about that. major buzzkill
Old 03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Pro

Finally got back to me, want me to send it back they wil repaint.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 PM
ROTAREDOM

nice, at least they are gunna fix it for you! hey whats the deal on our spacers? you figure anything out yet? I'm kinda waiting on you lol
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Pro

nice, at least they are gunna fix it for you! hey whats the deal on our spacers? you figure anything out yet? I'm kinda waiting on you lol
Im pretty sure i can pull off 15mm in the rear, But im hesitant on them. Kinda torn on spending money modding. I REALLY wanted to get a set of rims. i think it completes the look of a car, however i think the stockers can give a very clean oem look. Im looking to pick up a 600rr as well, so a grand on wheels is a grand less for my bike. I want someone local to let me test fit some 15. if i cant get the exact look i want i wont do it at all
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM
ROTAREDOM

Are you worried at all about the camber in the back? My mechanic told me that mine is like -3! I feel like if you put spacers on itll look weird unless you fix the camber. maybe I'm wrong? Lemme know how you feel about all of this. I wanna be moarrflush but I really dont wanna spend money on a camber kit.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got back to me, want me to send it back they wil repaint.
Glad they're willing to repaint it for you! Let me know how it goes..because I'm planning on ordering one soon and we have the same color!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Pro

Are you worried at all about the camber in the back? My mechanic told me that mine is like -3! I feel like if you put spacers on itll look weird unless you fix the camber. maybe I'm wrong? Lemme know how you feel about all of this. I wanna be moarrflush but I really dont wanna spend money on a camber kit.
I thought the spacers would eliminate a tiny bit of camber, But holy batman -3 !! im realllllly cambered lol especially with people in my backseat!! Im not worried, Eff camber, are you going to stay on stockers forever? If not once your tires get eaten it'll be a good excuse for some wheels and tires

Originally Posted by larryt1026
Glad they're willing to repaint it for you! Let me know how it goes..because I'm planning on ordering one soon and we have the same color!
Purchase unpainted. I wish i had done it. I dont want to even give them a second chance. What are they going to do this time around that they didnt do before?

I actually messaged them back saying i didnt want the spoiler anymore and i wanted a refund.

Heres the run down. Recieved spoiler on Wednesday, Same night i messaged them about the color not matching. Friday i messaged them again. Heard a response from them YESTERDAY! Being tuesday! almost a week to get back to me. He responds yesterday were so sorry give us an email we will send you a return label. I reply back instantly expecting an email shortly after. No surprise, i didnt hear back yesterday, Nor today, which caused me to lose my mind. Im not sending anything back to wait another week+ for a spoiler that can come back paintmatched incorrectly again?

THESPOILERCOMPANY is the seller, Id stay far far far away from them!!

there is THESPOILERSTORE which some have dealt with and have had positive transactions so just dont confuse the 2. Im sending the spoiler to a body shop either tomorrow or Friday. At this point i was beter off purchasing an OEM thru the dealership with the price im paying for it.....
Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
ROTAREDOM

Yeah actually, I think I am going to stay stock. I just like the look it gives. The only wheels I would consider are enkeis or RJ legends. But everyone has those wheels so it makes me not wanna get them. What's your camber in the back? I'm pretty sure 2.5 to 3 is standard for stechs, at least from what everyone else has said. I do hear like a rubbery/sticky tire sound coming from my wheels, have you heard this? Or is this just me? In the end though I'll be following your lead as far as the spacers go!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ttk5
The only way to get a response is to be an asshole. They just msgd me, again! Another sorry for any trouble caused blah blah blah. They are refunding me my $50 painting charge. Spoiler will be dropped off tomorrow for paint. I should have it Back friday. Body shop told me a 1 day turn around.

Yeah actually, I think I am going to stay stock. I just like the look it gives. The only wheels I would consider are enkeis or RJ legends. But everyone has those wheels so it makes me not wanna get them. What's your camber in the back? I'm pretty sure 2.5 to 3 is standard for stechs, at least from what everyone else has said. I do hear like a rubbery/sticky tire sound coming from my wheels, have you heard this? Or is this just me? In the end though I'll be following your lead as far as the spacers go!
Same Here, I dont want the whole STANCED look. Wayyyyy to much money, effort, and research involved. My bro just ordered a set of 25mm's for his '12 STi so i think ima slap one on for the fck of it and see how bad i rub. and decide if a 20 will work. I will keep you posted on that..

As far as the Stechs, only thing i can say is i hear a clunk/thump comming from my right rear side, Something might be lose Not sure. Im going to check it out maybe tomorrow or this weekend. But its driving me nuts. nothing blown. Rear is stiff! Its only on slight bumps...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
ROTAREDOM

Cool alright, Ill be checking up on your thread for the spacers. Yeah thats the only thing I noticed when I got the drop, it just sounds like really sticky tires on pavement. Thats the best way I can describe it, not really bothersome but I kinda wanna know what it is.

clunking could be trunk? not sure, def noticed the stiffness going over speed bumps. I do like how I can feel the road slightly more though ( I think most people prefer not to but I like it)
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Pro

Cool alright, Ill be checking up on your thread for the spacers. Yeah thats the only thing I noticed when I got the drop, it just sounds like really sticky tires on pavement. Thats the best way I can describe it, not really bothersome but I kinda wanna know what it is.

clunking could be trunk? not sure, def noticed the stiffness going over speed bumps. I do like how I can feel the road slightly more though ( I think most people prefer not to but I like it)
I'll keep you posted on them for sure! I mean you might hear more road noise blc you're closer to the ground? What do I know

But yep a Clunk, And idk. If its the trunk this is the last Acura I own. I've been reading the "vibration" threads. & now that I'm focusing a little more I can feel a slight slight slight vibration when on the freeway.

I'll keep you posted on this 2. But have you looked into just a Camber Arm for the Rear? I know the Camber and Toe kit is going for $200 which isn't bad at all!
They may just sell the camber kit alone for a lot less. If I find it for $100 bucks I'll scoop one up
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Pro

Dropped off trunk lip for paint. $100 bucks and pick up tomorrow afternoon.
Should have it mounted Saturday afternoon. Gonna pick up 3M tape.
You people have used the Marine Adhesive? Is this what everyone is doing?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Pro

Spoiler is ON! I will try and get pics later, but car is filthy, BWP and rain Water FTL

And i have the ends taped down to secure it. Will leave it on until tomorrow. Might take dads car to work tomorrow so it might sit with the tape on for 2 days. The paint is much better. and fitment isnt all that bad. Slight gap on the sides but i wont complain. Im just glad its on already!!

Gonna try and test fit a 25mm spacer out back and see how bad it is. So i can MAYBE just snatch up a 20 or 15 to fill out the rear a little more. Or my camber kit, my rear is bad.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
cant wait to see pics bro... with it finally painted right!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by GameOver69
cant wait to see pics bro... with it finally painted right!
Im really happy. I might have it drilled. They installed it wl the tape, but i have a feeling the to ends will rise like on a few other peoples. So lets see in the AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
And if you bolt it down, less of a risk of people ripping it right off
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by VortexBlueTSX
And if you bolt it down, less of a risk of people ripping it right off
Might go that route, Like expected, the ends came up. the Adhessive that came on the spoiler is obviously shit! What had everyone else done? I'll post pics when I'm out of work.

Is it best to do it on a warmer day? I just need to get it done blc it's going to irk me when I look towards the rear and see it up.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Might go that route, Like expected, the ends came up. the Adhessive that came on the spoiler is obviously shit! What had everyone else done? I'll post pics when I'm out of work.

Is it best to do it on a warmer day? I just need to get it done blc it's going to irk me when I look towards the rear and see it up.
careful when u take it off...the plastic is kinda cheap so you might warp it if ur not careful.

I still havent put on my new one yet. gonna wait to summer so and then heatgun the 3m tape and then put it on.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by denwhat
careful when u take it off...the plastic is kinda cheap so you might warp it if ur not careful.

I still havent put on my new one yet. gonna wait to summer so and then heatgun the 3m tape and then put it on.
yo what did you do with the old one you said you ruined with the heat gun? if you still got it, shoot me a PM haha
Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by denwhat

yo what did you do with the old one you said you ruined with the heat gun? if you still got it, shoot me a PM haha
Its at the body shop now, I went to 3 different places, none had 3m double sided tape. Body shop had but not enough, and their supply shop said they would have it tomorrow So its at the body shop waiting for the 3M tape, And i also felt som roughness to it. Pardon i dont have experience with bodywork. But i think they have some"wetsanding" to so or wle. So i should have everything finished and Installed tomorrow after work
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Pro

Finally on. If this 3M doesnt hold up im lost for words. Drilling wouldnt hold down the corners. And if be scared to try and heat the plastic anough to get it to bend at the tips

Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Looks great man. Always loved how the deck lid spoiler looked on this car.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swarlos
Looks great man. Always loved how the deck lid spoiler looked on this car.
thanks bro. It was a must have for me. I love the way it flares on the sides. I think it completes the rear of the car
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Much better good sir lololol

Quick Reply: 2012 Bellanova White P. Tsx Tech Build Thread