CT-engineering on 11-14 tsx Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 187 Posts
Anybody know what transmissions bolt up, whether it's just a TSX specific trans casing or if it's interchangeable between different similar models I.e an accord... I know the older Hondas/Acuras could flip between similar models with same series engines.. Like will any trans from a k series accord or TSX work?? I want to build up a spare trans with some goodies like beefier synchros and LSD but a tsx specific 6spd trans used goes anywhere from 800-1000 bucks. After I get the supercharger of course...
Old 04-28-2015, 08:55 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Originally Posted by iselfdevi
You can also do a transmission conversion. It's been done before with many Hondas in the past.
You will love your car more and it will love you back a lot more since you freed it.
It's tough. Many CL9 owners have tried on tsxclub... many have failed. I can only imagine it's just as hard on the CU2. But yeah it's doable for sure.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:32 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does this kit require different spark plugs? I ask because I just installed the 06+ Civic si kit (for K20z3) on my 09 TSX and I'm getting crazy knock even at low load.

-3"Merc S/C pulley (haven't even booseted past 4k rpm yet)
-520cc injectors
-hondata s/c basemap (just changed injectors to 520cc)

I could boost this to 9psi on my si and not get knock, and then to 12psi with just meth, and not get knock. I'm getting knock in vacuum with the TSX... I'm thinking I need +2 colder spark plugs like I had in the K20z3 but I chcecked with Napa and they didn't have any colder plugs. Anybody any ideas? Please!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Look at you running under the radar not telling anyone you boosted your TSX.

Are you running an aftercooler?

I had crazy knock on my base map too, but the sensor is just picking up the noise of the SC.

I went to 1-step colder plugs from the EVO, I've pulled them several times and see no indication of material on the plugs. Vit is working on knock sensitivity right now on my tune.

Also, there is a OFFICIAL boosted thread that would probably be better to address your questions there. We have a lot more information in that thread. Or you can PM specifically with questions, I have done all the work for this CT kit myself (minus clutch change)
Old 06-03-2015, 11:00 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Hey jomo, sorry for asking questions but not having any useful input of my own. I hope you can understand though, since your build is very interesting!

Pardon my ignorance in any of these questions
-Is this a Comptech/CT-Engineering SC (twin scroll) or a centrifugal unit?
-Did you have to make any big modifications to make it work (like delete A/C, relocate stuff in the bay, etc.)?

Hope you work out your issues!
Old 06-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
Look at you running under the radar not telling anyone you boosted your TSX.

Are you running an aftercooler?

I had crazy knock on my base map too, but the sensor is just picking up the noise of the SC.

I went to 1-step colder plugs from the EVO, I've pulled them several times and see no indication of material on the plugs. Vit is working on knock sensitivity right now on my tune.

Also, there is a OFFICIAL boosted thread that would probably be better to address your questions there. We have a lot more information in that thread. Or you can PM specifically with questions, I have done all the work for this CT kit myself (minus clutch change)
Thanks- I'll go look for the other thread and start discussion in there. Yes, I have an Aftercooler sitting inbetween the manifold but I don't have my pump installed yet so technically, no Aftercooler-- I should have it up and going once I get some time to mount up the pump. I saw another thread you had with pictures posted to get mounting ideas but was concerned that the pump itself-- it didn't appear to be physically mounted, rather, just hanging by the hoses.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Hey jomo, sorry for asking questions but not having any useful input of my own. I hope you can understand though, since your build is very interesting!

Pardon my ignorance in any of these questions
-Is this a Comptech/CT-Engineering SC (twin scroll) or a centrifugal unit?
-Did you have to make any big modifications to make it work (like delete A/C, relocate stuff in the bay, etc.)?

Hope you work out your issues!
I replied to you in the boost thread: here
Old 11-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
SO with all this being said..

So with all this being said....I can buy this CTE SC for my 2012 Tsx? lmao i know I read all of your comments, and it seems like the only thing holding it back is a tune from VIT, which shouldn't be a problem like you guys said. But all I want is a YES from you guys lol
Old 12-01-2015, 06:41 AM
I like cars.

Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by sinistah89
So with all this being said....I can buy this CTE SC for my 2012 Tsx? lmao i know I read all of your comments, and it seems like the only thing holding it back is a tune from VIT, which shouldn't be a problem like you guys said. But all I want is a YES from you guys lol
Yes. I'm proof that it works. My 2012 is supercharged and tuned. Done.
The following users liked this post:
ssjoeboe9 (12-01-2015)