iPhone 3GS USB Audio Issues 2009 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 3GS USB Audio Issues 2009 TSX

Since picking up my non-Navi 2009 TSX, I've had the same sorts of issues with using my iPhone as an iPod via the built-in USB port. I've got over 1,000 songs on my iPhone... perhaps this is the problem.

Symptoms:
Plug in the iPhone with AUX selected, screen shows "Loading USB" (or something similar). I almost always get a song count (1/1087), and NO audio. Skipping tracks, adjusting audio, changing to FM and back to AUX... nothing fixes this issue, other than UNPLUGGING the iPhone and trying again.
Most times, on this 2nd plug-in attempt, I'll get audio just fine... for approximately 30 secs. Then, audio just drops out, and there's no way to get it back, other than UNPLUGGING the iPhone and trying again. Most times, this 3rd time is the charm, and I'll be listening to iPhone audio just fine for as long as I want... until the NEXT time I start my TSX. Bummer.

Any way to get a firmware or software version displayed for the TSX or the Audio System. Any TSBs out there for audio issues related to USB?

Thanks for any tips!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Intermediate

if you have your phone paired with the bluetooth the phone defaults to the bluetooth after a minute or two even if your plugged in usb. you can just hit the audio source button in the ipod app on the bottom and switch the source from "hands free link" to "dock connector".
Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

This is a real problem with iphone 3GS integration and the Acura TSX, when it comes to USB vs. Handsfree.

The audio randomly (or at least for no apparent reason I can discern) switches between USB and Bluetooth audio. And it is not just the two minuets after turning it on. I've had it happen two or three times within 45 minutes.

If you plug in the USB connector and then loose sound from your iphone, this is why, it just switch to Handsfree audio.

You can switch back by unplugging and then pluging in again, or by pressing on the speaker symbol on the iphone and swiching to the dock option provided.

If anyone know of a real fix I'd love to hear it.

And while I'm on it, here are some other iphone gripes:
  • The USB audio menu only understands Playlists
    • No Podcasts or Audiobooks. The only way to play these is to make a playlist for them
  • There is no pause/play control, just on and off
  • Phone directory does not understand "+" in phone numbers and ignores it completely, so all your international numbers will not work.
  • Bluetooth Handsfree audio indicates that "Skip" will work. It does not.
The iphone integration is very poor
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

Hi, I also have the bluetooth audio problem. I just end up unplugging and replugging back in.
However, within this past week, I can no longer get my car to recognize my iphone via plugging in with USB.
I end up getting "unsupported device".
The software version of the iphone 3G is 3.1.3
Can anyone shed some light on the issue? Thank you!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Cruisin'

For those with jailbreaked iPhones, there's a program to turn off A2DP with a flick of a switch. A _lot_ less annoying. I don't miss A2DP at all, and it's easily reversible (switch it back on!) http://blog.ramondeklein.nl/index.php?p=346
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
OCD in the OC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found that when I don't have video on my iPhone, it works just fine. However, when I even do have video on my iPhone, the car sound system says "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE."
Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
He was speeding, Rusty!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by espdollar
if you have your phone paired with the bluetooth the phone defaults to the bluetooth after a minute or two even if your plugged in usb. you can just hit the audio source button in the ipod app on the bottom and switch the source from "hands free link" to "dock connector".
I don't mean to dredge up an old post, but I can seem to figure this out. I have an iPhone 3GS and I want to connect via bluetooth for phone calls, but use the usb port for music.

I tried looking for the "audio source button in the ipod app on the bottom" but there is no audio source and it's not under setting (that I can find). When I push the AUX button on the radio a second time it switches from bluetooth to the USB cable and my songs albums, artists are all displayed...but it won't play.
thanks
Fran
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
3rd Gear

I have had similar issues. It's great to know I'm not alone. Thanks for all the great advise.