Which TSX to keep.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010 | 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Which TSX to keep.

I normally don't do this because this kind of stuff is subjective but I figure someone might make a point I haven't thought of.

Both cars are 09 model year.

Mine - PMM TSX Tech 6MT

Wife - PWP TSX Premium 6MT which would become mine if we kept it.

The pro to keeping the PMM/ebony Tech is that it has a black interior and it has a phone book feature. The cons to keeping it are that it has more mileage, 26,000 kms/16,000 Miles and the PWP/tan has 18,000 kms/11,000 miles, the Tech has a crappy sound system (which could be fixed with new speakers) and more gadgets to go wrong. Like the back up camera and the GPS.

The only real con to keeping the PWP is that it has a tan interior.

Everything from my car wold be transfered to the PWP and I would have a new Aero Kit put on it as well.

Feedback is appreciated.
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:17 AM
Burning Brakes

If you would have a new Aero kit put on, then go with the PWP. But ONLY if that's the case.

I don't ever regret not getting the Tech. I can't believe the amount of issues you guys with Techs have had with your speakers. The speakers in my premium sound great, and I listen to music pretty loud, and have had no issues.
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

If you are selling one of your TSX'S what are you going to replace it with? I would keep the PWP as well. I wish that I got a different color other that Black. I really like the PWP that is what I would get now.
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Meh, your not saving anything if you're goin to spend another $2000 on a new aero kit.
8km miles is not worth $2000 plus whatever it cost to transfer stuff, getting the grille painted another $300.. Just sell the PWP and keep yours. The issue you run into ( i know this from trying to sell mine ever so long ago ) No one wants to buy a manual. So good luck with that.

Keep Grigio sell PWP. Financially its the sound decision seeing as the PWP is stock less attractive and already marketable, while your vehicle is customized and personable so it has a smaller market in which is interested in purchasing it. Which in reality is just these forums and tee ess ex club.

Also, If you don't like the interior, whats the part of the car you see the most? The interior!! Why be un happy and LOSE money over being happy and having possible harder upkeep, but you love the car so much anyway it shouldn't be an issue.. Get an extended warranty with that two grand.

Last edited by Tishkevich; 03-08-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
your vehicle is customized and personable so it has a smaller market in which is interested in purchasing it. Which in reality is just these forums and tee ess ex club.
If he swaps all of his mods over, it'll be virtually stock and not a "smaller market" vehicle.
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rob_acuraoflynnwood
If you are selling one of your TSX'S what are you going to replace it with? I would keep the PWP as well. I wish that I got a different color other that Black. I really like the PWP that is what I would get now.
I'm not sure. An SUV of sorts or a pick up truck. I know, how do you go from a car to a pick up. Well I mountain bike so it would be easier to throw the bike in the back of the truck, and a pick up would facilitate the maintenance on our properties.

Originally Posted by DerwoodEE
If he swaps all of his mods over, it'll be virtually stock and not a "smaller market" vehicle.
DerwoodEE is right. Everything from my car would be put on the PWP. Springs, wheels, interior trim kit, intake and eventually a CTE SC Whatever car we keep will be driven into the ground. So all the Tech stuff on the Tech package worries me.

Both cars are leases so selling it won't be a problem. Take it back and hand them the keys.
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:31 AM
Burning Brakes

If you would have a new Aero kit put on, then go with the PWP. But ONLY if that's the case.
LOL. My wife and I were discussing that very thing last night. I told her if we kept the PWP that I would be putting the Aero Kit on. She said 'Is that really necessary'. To which I responded 'Yes it is'. And that was the end of that convo.

So yes the Aero kit is going on the PWP.
Old 03-08-2010 | 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

I would keep yours and return hers.

If you are concerned about the Tech gadgets, buy the extended warranty like I did 7yr/160,000km or you can get an 8yr/200,000km one now. The 8yr one cost C$2400 which you can probably negotiate down, the aero package is listed at C$2670 at the Acura site.

Removing the Tein springs and icebox is also a bit of work. When I talked to my dealer two week ago, he mentioned he still have 10 2009 models left, 6 base and 4 premium, so down the road, the Tech model may be an easier sale (especially if you have extended warranty).
Old 03-08-2010 | 12:42 PM
Pro

dude they're practically the same car. I'd just keep yours to avoid having to swap everything. Besides, haven't your grown an attachment to your car?

I agree with Tishkevich, the mileage diff is a wash since you'd need to put in to get another aero kit.

Just keep yours and keep things simple
Old 03-08-2010 | 01:43 PM
Racer

I agree with the other guys.. keep yours. the mileage difference isn't enough, and I can't imagine not having the Tech pkg.. like Derwood, I've had no issues with mine (knocks on wood). You'll save time and money by just keeping yours..

besides, the less modded PWPs out there, the more unique mine will be..
Old 03-08-2010 | 01:51 PM
Instructor

go through the hassle of trading out the entire ebony interior into the pwp one. or is this just something us rsx guys do?
Old 03-08-2010 | 01:55 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Originally Posted by chibianh

besides, the less modded PWPs out there, the more unique mine will be..
haha.

Lou, in all seriousness..... just do what your heart tells you. Just FEEL it lol
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Luchin
I'm not sure. An SUV of sorts or a pick up truck. I know, how do you go from a car to a pick up. Well I mountain bike so it would be easier to throw the bike in the back of the truck, and a pick up would facilitate the maintenance on our properties.

DerwoodEE is right. Everything from my car would be put on the PWP. Springs, wheels, interior trim kit, intake and eventually a CTE SC Whatever car we keep will be driven into the ground. So all the Tech stuff on the Tech package worries me.

Both cars are leases so selling it won't be a problem. Take it back and hand them the keys.
Yes.. but you already have the aero kit on the car you have, as well as the interior you like.. its already complete. What are you switching cars for? a couple thousand miles? It's not really worth the extra money, to lose out on options as well as parts and labor. The car is currently gorgeous as it is, you're going to switch it all to the pwp then you're gonna be upset cause the body kit is a different color then your car cause your cars a year old, and the body kit is brand new. you're gonna be upset because your trim kit is going to break a clamp or something when you're pulling it out and trying to put it in the pwp.

Just seems like a lot of unjustified hassle..

Sounds similar to when I bought a second car to keep miles down on my tsx, then my gf talked me into not wasting the money on keeping the second car and sell it, so i did then I looked back and realized I just lost $3,000 and have nothing to show for it, but i did save 12k miles on my tsx..

This is what you're going to be doin with the PWP which is already ready to be turned back into the dealer. You're going to transfer everything over put the body kit on turn in the keys to your grigio pay the lease penalty, then look at your bank account a week later, and looking at your $2,000 charge $300 charge, $500 in labor cost.. and go ... "$3000 gone, new interior color I dont' really like, My sound system is weak, my ipod scroll features are weaker then before, I don't have a sexy woman telling me when I need to turn, and my interior trim kit is loose, and I need to go find some super glue.. fuck my life"
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Worse thing to happen with your tech package is it stops working cost $1000 to fix and now it works again. Or cost $1000 to fix, so you say screw that and just don't use the screen and use the dash to move about your music.. or cost $1000 to fix, so you say screw that and go buy an aftermarket unit for $1500 and its better then your current one.. Either way you're below $3,000 and you saved a lot of time and un needed head ache
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:30 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Keep the PMM/Tech.
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:40 PM
Vancouver B.C.

roflcopter tish you are the man haha
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:43 PM
Instructor

seriously, get some of your acurazine buddies to come over and move all of the black interior into the pwp
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
This is what you're going to be doin with the PWP which is already ready to be turned back into the dealer. You're going to transfer everything over put the body kit on turn in the keys to your PMM pay the lease penalty, then look at your bank account a week later, and looking at your $2,000 charge $300 charge, $500 in labor cost.. and go ... "$3000 gone, new interior color I dont' really like, My sound system is weak, my ipod scroll features are weaker then before, I don't have a sexy woman telling me when I need to turn, and my interior trim kit is loose, and I need to go find some super glue.. fuck my life"
LMAO. That's funny Tish. You do make some good points.

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I appreciate it. Sometimes you need others to help you see the trees in the forest.
Old 03-08-2010 | 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

thats what were here for
Old 03-11-2010 | 04:29 AM
Burning Brakes

I have PMM and frankly Im bored of the color. Theres so many Accords around with the same color

PWP on the other hand is
I would also prefer tan interior, but thats just me

PMM is not even an option anymore on the Acura website
Old 03-11-2010 | 08:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
PMM is not even an option anymore on the Acura website
Yes it is, just have a shorten name now, Palladum Metallic or PM I guess.
Old 03-11-2010 | 09:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

^My mistake, Shift you are correct, PMM is no longer available in Cdn website, but it's still an option in US site.
Old 03-11-2010 | 10:19 AM
Burning Brakes

I realized how much I enjoy the calming effect a black interior has on me when I got into an MDX with a black interior yesterday.

Tan is just way too bright for me. I think.

My biggest problem is that I can't make a decision.

If I keep the Tech I have to spend at least $1500 on a stereo that works. If I keep the Premium I have to spend the same amount on an Aero Kit.

Thanks again for the help. Looks like I have a decision to make.
Old 03-11-2010 | 10:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
I have PMM and frankly Im bored of the color. Theres so many Accords around with the same color

PWP on the other hand is
I would also prefer tan interior, but thats just me
Are you sure it's isn't because the grass is always greener on the other side that you're tired of the PMM.

If the PWP had a black interior the decision would be a no brainer as PWP/black is what I really wanted. But our PWP has a TAN interior which is so bright. Although the colour combo does give the car a more 'luxurious' feel.
Old 03-11-2010 | 10:32 AM
Racer

keep yours! tan interior is wack.

navi + backup cam = win

keep getting the speakers replaced until they finally give you normal speakers. I cant believe they screwed up the ELS sound system so bad. The system in my base sounds amazing and i pump it all the time.
Old 03-11-2010 | 11:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Luchin
I realized how much I enjoy the calming effect a black interior has on me when I got into an MDX with a black interior yesterday.

Tan is just way too bright for me. I think.

My biggest problem is that I can't make a decision.

If I keep the Tech I have to spend at least $1500 on a stereo that works. If I keep the Premium I have to spend the same amount on an Aero Kit.

Thanks again for the help. Looks like I have a decision to make.
+ lease penalty fee
+ installation
+ time and energy to swap everything from one to another
Old 03-11-2010 | 01:13 PM
Racer

or just get your car painted PWP
Old 03-11-2010 | 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Yes it is, just have a shorten name now, Palladum Metallic or PM I guess.
That looks like a completely different color...PMM is MUCH darker and it used to be on their website
Old 03-11-2010 | 06:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Keep your car, and when all the tech package things go haywaire on you, swap everything to aftermarket, thats a WIN-WIN right there lol.
Old 03-11-2010 | 07:23 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Originally Posted by chibianh
or just get your car painted PWP
gonna cost a fortune
Old 03-11-2010 | 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

like 3 grand for a decent paint job.
Old 03-11-2010 | 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

8 grand for a great paint job with no orange peels
Old 03-11-2010 | 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I don't ever regret not getting the Tech. I can't believe the amount of issues you guys with Techs have had with your speakers. The speakers in my premium sound great, and I listen to music pretty loud, and have had no issues.
+1 to everything he said...