Shaking under acceleration only 5at

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shaking under acceleration only 5at

2009 Acura tsx, auto. 78k miles (highway miles)

Cabin, seat and gas pedal shake under acceleration. Not so much in the steering wheel. Gets to be real bad at 55+, almost violent.

Tires are good, rotated, balanced.

Took it to the dealer, first they tried to blame the tires and I pushed for further inspection as tires were new and would cause the vehicle to shake under all situations and not only under acceleration. After getting off the gas the shaking stops. Upon lifting the car he turned a cylinder with his hand that runs horizontal in the middle but closer the driver side connected to the transmission? and showed me a very unbalanced rotation. Also, as the wheel was turned all the way to one side you could hear a loud clicking during wheel rotation. He said it wasnt good and the dealer's policy is not to open the transmission/ differential and that it would need to be replaced entirely. I am under my powertrain warranty which they ordered the transmission, gave me a loaner and sent me on my way. Said it should be about 5 days to get the transmission delivered and installed.

Has anybody had a similar experience with this? I was thinking an axle or inner cv joint but replacing the entire transmission seemed a little extreme. Well glad its getting done free of charge while still under warranty.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by pistols09tsx
2009 Acura tsx, auto. 78k miles (highway miles)

Cabin, seat and gas pedal shake under acceleration. Not so much in the steering wheel. Gets to be real bad at 55+, almost violent.

Tires are good, rotated, balanced.

Took it to the dealer, first they tried to blame the tires and I pushed for further inspection as tires were new and would cause the vehicle to shake under all situations and not only under acceleration. After getting off the gas the shaking stops. Upon lifting the car he turned a cylinder with his hand that runs horizontal in the middle but closer the driver side connected to the transmission? and showed me a very unbalanced rotation. Also, as the wheel was turned all the way to one side you could hear a loud clicking during wheel rotation. He said it wasnt good and the dealer's policy is not to open the transmission/ differential and that it would need to be replaced entirely. I am under my powertrain warranty which they ordered the transmission, gave me a loaner and sent me on my way. Said it should be about 5 days to get the transmission delivered and installed.

Has anybody had a similar experience with this? I was thinking an axle or inner cv joint but replacing the entire transmission seemed a little extreme. Well glad its getting done free of charge while still under warranty.
Oh and the car is bone stock, only has tint. Driven as a highway cruiser about 90miles a day. 5 days a week.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I've had to replace both axles to solve my shaking acceleration issues. I have a 6MT, but I think they use the same axles?(aftermarket had same p/n)
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by komplexZ
I've had to replace both axles to solve my shaking acceleration issues. I have a 6MT, but I think they use the same axles?(aftermarket had same p/n)
I told the tech working on my car that I did some research and inner cv joints or axles were most common culprits and he said he inspected axles and they were fine and went on with his bad tires speech. After that he lifts the car and shows me signs of bad axles and tells me the transmission needs to be replaced. He starts to say ok well lets get you a price on a new transmission and my service writer next to us informs him I am under power train warranty and he looked pale and I said ok well when can we expect the new transmission in? I really feel they were trying to get out of doing work or trying to rip me off but I guess it backfired when he found out I had the extended power train warranty.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM
6th Gear

Update

Service writer called first thing this morning to say after further inspection it appears to be just the axles and not the entire transmission.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by pistols09tsx
Update

Service writer called first thing this morning to say after further inspection it appears to be just the axles and not the entire transmission.
Hopefully they get it all sorted out for you
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 315 Posts
I hate this crap I'm a tech at a Honda dealer I think the biggest problem is stupid techs
these transmission dont go bad without setting DTC's flashing the drive light in dash or turnning the
check engine light on, this guy obviously does not have much experience, It makes us look bad like we are all rip offs, because of a dumbass tech.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM
6th Gear

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by UTAH TSX
I hate this crap I'm a tech at a Honda dealer I think the biggest problem is stupid techs
these transmission dont go bad without setting DTC's flashing the drive light in dash or turnning the
check engine light on, this guy obviously does not have much experience, It makes us look bad like we are all rip offs, because of a dumbass tech.
Bingo!! It felt like I was getting ripped off and the tech was dodging my warranty work. When it comes time to purchase a new vehicle I may get another Acura but certainly not at this dealership. The biggest turn off is poor service and I would rather pay more at another dealer then buy or refer anybody to this one. It's just bad business. Yes, the service writer said I was covered with my extended warranty but the tech didnt know I had the extended warranty and tried to scare me off by saying the entire transmission needs to be replaced and tells me he will look up prices for me. What a joke.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Once you get this sorted out you may want to call Acura and tell them of your experiences. No manufacturer wants a dealership that wants to rip off customers.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 PM
6th Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ceb
Once you get this sorted out you may want to call Acura and tell them of your experiences. No manufacturer wants a dealership that wants to rip off customers.
Once my car is back in my possession and fixed to my satisfaction that will be my first call.