The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007 | 03:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wackura
I think the RDX and MDX look interesting, the RDX less so. The sales might suck but I give them a lot of credit for trying and not giving us something safe and bland. I'm hoping for as much with the next TSX but the overall shape, with or without the tape, looks stale.
I wouldn't be so concerned with this prototype (test mule), it's not the final product. Besides I have said it before no automaker would announce an all new model and release something that was almost an exact duplicate of the original. IMO, the Sports4 will finally be unvealed, hopefully they stay close to the concept for the sedan as the Accord Tourer was almost a deadringer.
Old 10-10-2007 | 04:12 PM
Banned

One neat thing about the Sports 4 concept that didn't come through in the tourer concept was the windshield that came right up to the driver's forehead for what I read is a bubble car feel. I bet the visibilty would be awesome. The Citroen C4 has such a windshield. I'm disapointed that Honda threw that out there but aparently didn't make good on it. Isn't more glass a little closer to a convertible? Am I missing something? (don't bother mentioning the heat factor)
Old 10-10-2007 | 10:10 PM
Racer

I love the full mirror roof. I was amaze when I saw that on the Sport4. I hope they would integrate that into the next gen.
I also don't like the look of our current seat headrest. It's so big and tall. I love the square shape on the back and circle looking in the front just like most mercedes cars.
Old 10-10-2007 | 10:11 PM
Advanced

Isn't more glass a little closer to a convertible? Am I missing something? (don't bother mentioning the heat factor)
It is closer to a convertible and with more glass there is a heat factor involved, but with a little tint this issue is slightly resolved along with adding a sunshade. I would actually buy a car with this option over a conventional sunroof because it gives that open air feel without having to actually open the sunroof (which I don't do even though my current car has one). I would like the interior of the new sedan to stay close to the Sports4 concept, the combination of suede and leather scream "Sports Car!!" Hopefully they will also adapt some form of the Sports4 concept's tail lamp assembly with LEDs. I saw them on a Civic and they really grab your attention when they light up. I think if Honda/Acura is actually listening to it's customers (future customers), they would offer a premium entry luxury car that would be hard to beat.
Old 10-11-2007 | 10:41 AM
Pro

Unhappy

Been following this thread for a bit now...Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to agree with you guys, I really do think those recent spy shots from Priddy are indeed the new TSX....

Reasoning: Looking back at all the previous spy pics, each and every time I saw an Acura/Honda that was testing on city streets, it turned out to be the EXACT production version, just under some tape. At the "testing on city streets" stage, Honda seems to be virtually at production.
The S2000/NSX mule was caught at the Nurburgring, not on city streets. Probably just testing its handling/performance abilities.
The only other time I've seen a spy pic of a vehicle on streets that wasn't the actual production model, it was the MDX/CR-V/Pilot mishmash car that was testing on some street in the middle of the desert....

Overall, I think tape does little to conceal the actual shape of the car. Just try viewing the car in B&W and you'll get the general idea. I might eat my words when the production version is shown at Geneva in March, but I have a gut feeling this is it people....
Old 10-11-2007 | 12:30 PM
CL9 ABP

I don't think they are the new tsx.
they hid the tsx chasis in an accord body last year, i think honda is just throwing people off.
Maybe their taking parts of cars now and making us guess more and more you can look at the tire stance that it is the tsx underneath. The butt looks more like a small tl back, but it just might be another shell.
Old 10-11-2007 | 12:36 PM
Banned

They don't mold entirely new car bodies just to serve as a test mule. That taped up car doesn't resemble anything currently available. Any changes that have yet to come will surely be very small. The next TSX will look very much like that funny little car, and because of this fact my next car will probably not look like an Acura.
Old 10-11-2007 | 12:58 PM
Rebourne

They don't mold entirely new car bodies just to serve as a test mule. That taped up car doesn't resemble anything currently available. Any changes that have yet to come will surely be very small. The next TSX will look very much like that funny little car, and because of this fact my next car will probably not look like an Acura.

Great, maybe you'll stop postin' here.....
Old 10-11-2007 | 01:04 PM
Banned

Well come on, they take away the RSX and basatrdize the TSX, leaving us with boats and trucks, no real cars. I don't think I'm being rash.
Old 10-11-2007 | 01:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
Been following this thread for a bit now...Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to agree with you guys, I really do think those recent spy shots from Priddy are indeed the new TSX....

Reasoning: Looking back at all the previous spy pics, each and every time I saw an Acura/Honda that was testing on city streets, it turned out to be the EXACT production version, just under some tape. At the "testing on city streets" stage, Honda seems to be virtually at production.
The S2000/NSX mule was caught at the Nurburgring, not on city streets. Probably just testing its handling/performance abilities.
The only other time I've seen a spy pic of a vehicle on streets that wasn't the actual production model, it was the MDX/CR-V/Pilot mishmash car that was testing on some street in the middle of the desert....

Overall, I think tape does little to conceal the actual shape of the car. Just try viewing the car in B&W and you'll get the general idea. I might eat my words when the production version is shown at Geneva in March, but I have a gut feeling this is it people....
It is too late in the production timeline for testing engines (mules), I'm sure those pictures are the final TSX being tested/tuned before going full production in a few months from now. I see several differences, not only those already mentioned, but also the trunk level is more aggressive, like a wedge following the side creases (which are now below the door handles). Personally I have a good feeling about the next TSX, elegant, aggressive and understated, just like the current one which is aging very well. Let's wait for the tape to come off to make a final judgment.
Old 10-11-2007 | 03:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
I don't think they are the new tsx.
they hid the tsx chasis in an accord body last year, i think honda is just throwing people off.
lcrazyaznl, do you have a link to those pics? I've searched months and months of old vtec.net threads and couldn't find anything...(I know, I'm a bit obsessed at this point.) I wouldn't care so much if I actually liked the car in the spy pics.

Personally, I don't see why Honda would care about "throwing people off".......as long as the car is taped up, I think they're happy. IMO the only time they would bother to put together old body parts (a la S2000/NSX), is early on in the development when a final body might not have yet been fully developed....
Old 10-11-2007 | 08:00 PM
Advanced

lcrazyaznl, do you have a link to those pics? I've searched months and months of old vtec.net threads and couldn't find anything...(I know, I'm a bit obsessed at this point.) I wouldn't care so much if I actually liked the car in the spy pics.

Personally, I don't see why Honda would care about "throwing people off".......as long as the car is taped up, I think they're happy. IMO the only time they would bother to put together old body parts (a la S2000/NSX), is early on in the development when a final body might not have yet been fully developed....
You actually just hit the nail on head, so to speak, it still early in the development stage. As we all know, when it comes to automobiles Honda is notorious for perfecting their product before releasing it. There is a lot of time before the Geneva Auto Show, where the production versions of the Euro Accord/Accord Tourer will be revealed to the world.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=687615

[ http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rdx.html

Between these two articles, one of the Hondata reflash which added 26hp and 33 lb-ft of torque to the 2.3T. The other shows that it can also be pushed to the 300hp mark and over 300 lb-ft of torque. If Honda/Acura is planning on truly taking on the competition in the entry lux division, they have to offer more than just an average vehicle. With the EVO X becoming more of a true sport sedan in its new incarnation, along with the WRX STI gaining more horsepower and interior upgrades--Acura has to step up its game. BMW adds the 1-series to it's lineup, although not in the same class, it could also strip sales from the TSX which already has several top rivals. So if this is the final product Acura may keep existing customers but it will lose any newcomers that didn't like the current design.
Old 10-11-2007 | 08:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by archknight
You actually just hit the nail on head, so to speak, it still early in the development stage. As we all know, when it comes to automobiles Honda is notorious for perfecting their product before releasing it. There is a lot of time before the Geneva Auto Show, where the production versions of the Euro Accord/Accord Tourer will be revealed to the world.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=687615

[ http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rdx.html

Between these two articles, one of the Hondata reflash which added 26hp and 33 lb-ft of torque to the 2.3T. The other shows that it can also be pushed to the 300hp mark and over 300 lb-ft of torque. If Honda/Acura is planning on truly taking on the competition in the entry lux division, they have to offer more than just an average vehicle. With the EVO X becoming more of a true sport sedan in its new incarnation, along with the WRX STI gaining more horsepower and interior upgrades--Acura has to step up its game. BMW adds the 1-series to it's lineup, although not in the same class, it could also strip sales from the TSX which already has several top rivals. So if this is the final product Acura may keep existing customers but it will lose any newcomers that didn't like the current design.
Oh btw, for those who think just adding new fender flares, a turbo charged engine, and revised front/rear fascia is the perfect evolution of any vehicle--your sadly mistaken. If you have noticed with a new version of any car on the market, the next is never the same as the first. IMO, I would almost guarantee they are testing the chassis, engine, and SH-AWD system with another modified body, especially when it comes to the new power output of the K23T. Air (gases) that are compressed will always heat up, intercoolers help cool the charged air, which allows you to run a denser mixture and can thereby help the volumetric efficiency of the engine. Hence the open upper and lower portion of the prototype fascia, although with the Accord Tourer concept and Sports4 concept fascias can be slightly modified to accommodate for this. Since the TSX is supposedly to be released late spring or early summer, it's almost a given that this would not be a production 2009 model.
Old 10-11-2007 | 08:40 PM
Pro

There is a lot of time before the Geneva Auto Show, where the production versions of the Euro Accord/Accord Tourer will be revealed to the world.
Yup, waaaaay too much time! I can't seem to wait even a couple hours...

If Honda/Acura is planning on truly taking on the competition in the entry lux division, they have to offer more than just an average vehicle. With the EVO X becoming more of a true sport sedan in its new incarnation, along with the WRX STI gaining more horsepower and interior upgrades--Acura has to step up its game.
Arch,
I think Acura will always offer a more than average vehicle. Just look at what they offer as standard equipment compared to others in the class. Rather than compare with the EVO X, STI and 1 series, I actually think they have some legit competition in the likes of the new MB C300/C350 and new Caddy CTS....I have to admit I took more than a couple looks at those as a "just in case" the new TSX doesn't pan out.
Old 10-11-2007 | 10:40 PM
Intermediate

Just talk to my salesman at the Acura dealer...he said Acura is coming out with 3 new models. A 4 dr tsx, a 2 dr tsx, and i forgot the other. i think it was NSX?
Old 10-11-2007 | 11:27 PM
Advanced

Yup, waaaaay too much time! I can't seem to wait even a couple hours...

Arch,
I think Acura will always offer a more than average vehicle. Just look at what they offer as standard equipment compared to others in the class. Rather than compare with the EVO X, STI and 1 series, I actually think they have some legit competition in the likes of the new MB C300/C350 and new Caddy CTS....I have to admit I took more than a couple looks at those as a "just in case" the new TSX doesn't pan out.
I agree that they offer more standard equipment 5thTo2nd, but equipment isn't all ways what seals the deal. You have to consider that the competitors also offer what the TSX lacks, mostly horsepower and RWD. Acura is compensating by adding SH-AWD on it's Type-S, but remember this is the top model and the competition is giving you not just comparable standard equipment but engines that pushing close to if not more than 300hp. I chose the EVO X and STI because of their similar packaging and also price because their top models will be playing in the $33k & up market, where everyone should expect the new TSX to fall. As for the 1-series, it was chosen because it will be BMW's newest entry-lux and the fact that it has two 6 cylinder variants (225hp base and 300hp top model), in the same price bracket. As for Caddy, the CTS plays more towards the 5-series, but it will have a little brother soon enough that will compete in this segment. These may get more expensive as they tend to have more optional equipment, but for what they offer up front is more than enough for the majority to pass up the TSX.
Old 10-12-2007 | 02:39 AM
G2 TSX

Originally Posted by llJrockll
Great, maybe you'll stop postin' here.....
DOT :gheywave:
Old 10-12-2007 | 09:57 AM
Brake dust is a badge

Originally Posted by B K R
Is it just me or does anyone else alos think that the front lights and side profile looks exactly like the current TSX
In that pic, it kinda looks like a TL and a Camry...or maybe I'm crazy.
Old 10-12-2007 | 10:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by DustFreeVinyl
In that pic, it kinda looks like a TL and a Camry...or maybe I'm crazy.
I don't think you're crazy. I think the rear end particularly resembles a TL.
Old 10-12-2007 | 10:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by zainxxl69
Just talk to my salesman at the Acura dealer...he said Acura is coming out with 3 new models. A 4 dr tsx, a 2 dr tsx, and i forgot the other. i think it was NSX?
TSX sedan, TSX coupe, and TL

I agree that they offer more standard equipment 5thTo2nd, but equipment isn't all ways what seals the deal. You have to consider that the competitors also offer what the TSX lacks, mostly horsepower and RWD. Acura is compensating by adding SH-AWD on it's Type-S, but remember this is the top model and the competition is giving you not just comparable standard equipment but engines that pushing close to if not more than 300hp.
I know what you're saying. I'm actually not concerned about the Type S--I think that'll pack a punch (but at a price, of course). I just hope they don't water down the base version too much. So much of the current gen's appeal, at least for me, comes from the value factor. I'm hoping that Acura's move upmarket doesn't alienate those that were looking to Acura for affordable entry-luxury.
Old 10-12-2007 | 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

TSX sedan, TSX coupe, and TL

I know what you're saying. I'm actually not concerned about the Type S--I think that'll pack a punch (but at a price, of course). I just hope they don't water down the base version too much. So much of the current gen's appeal, at least for me, comes from the value factor. I'm hoping that Acura's move upmarket doesn't alienate those that were looking to Acura for affordable entry-luxury.
Me too, otherwise.....helloooo Accord for me. I don't want to do that, but will if the price is too high.
Old 10-12-2007 | 12:50 PM
Por Favor?

If thats what the new TSX will look like, I'm definitely not interested.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:08 AM
Cruisin'

Looks like a Camry with the new Saab's 9-5's headlights. We'll see I guess...
Old 10-18-2007 | 12:14 PM
2nd Gear

Maybe this will change your mind about the next TSX

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...uro-acura-tsx/

Tail lights are different than one from Ohio
Old 10-18-2007 | 12:18 PM
Black Mamba

Originally Posted by CarbonGrayTSX06
Maybe this will change your mind about the next TSX

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...uro-acura-tsx/

Tail lights are different than one from Ohio
Sorry but these are pics of the TL. Motorautority has it wrong and it's been posted somewhere before.
Old 10-18-2007 | 01:22 PM
2nd Gear

Im sorry too but I know for fact that is not TL because TL is made in USA they dont sell TL in Europe, as far I know it only in China. RL are known as Legend, TSX are known as Accord and only made in Japan, MDX made in Canada so I'm guess it will be more to TSX than TL
Old 10-18-2007 | 01:30 PM
Drifting

yeah... the TL is made in the US and only sold in the US AFAIK... would be itneresting to see if this is it or not... until they fully release it tho noone can state with authority that either picture (if any) is actually that of the next gen TSX
Old 10-18-2007 | 02:00 PM
Pro

Motorauthority is PROBABLY wrong

Chris Doane, the guy who snapped the pics, says Motorauthority is wrong:
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...item_id=712986

Jeff, the head guy at Temple of Vtec, swears that the motorauthority pics are 100% the TL.

So from a credibility standpoint, it looks highly unlikely that those pics from motorauthority are the TSX.

Cars can be tested anywhere regardless of what home market they are destined for. It doesn't matter that the TL isn't sold in Europe.
Old 10-18-2007 | 03:26 PM
Banned

One of the two cars had two pairs of rectangular exhausts and the other had two circular exhausts. It's pretty obvious which is which.
Old 10-18-2007 | 03:52 PM
Black Mamba

Im sorry too but I know for fact that is not TL because TL is made in USA they dont sell TL in Europe, as far I know it only in China. RL are known as Legend, TSX are known as Accord and only made in Japan, MDX made in Canada so I'm guess it will be more to TSX than TL
Ok, you know for a fact? So you're saying that because they don't sell the TL in Europe means they can't test it there, which also means that this car has to be a TSX, right? I was trying to save you from embarassment because it was your first post and all, but I guess some things are meant to be.
Old 10-19-2007 | 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

Regardless of what it is... I see a rear diff. in that picture. Highly doubt RWD but sexy AWD works also
Old 10-19-2007 | 11:49 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

One of the two cars had two pairs of rectangular exhausts and the other had two circular exhausts. It's pretty obvious which is which.

Yeah but the bumper is cut in a square/oval type shape. I think the tail pipes are just dummies and not the real shape.

Old 10-20-2007 | 01:28 AM
Punk Rocker

I think its funny that some people think the TOV guy knows any more than we do....
Old 10-20-2007 | 03:42 AM
CGP Ebony

Either way, both of those spy shots are fugly IMO. I was hoping for a swelled front and rear fenders like the BMW M3.

Looks like a crappy Camry or a Maxima now.......
Old 10-20-2007 | 03:55 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by xenonhid
Either way, both of those spy shots are fugly IMO. I was hoping for a swelled front and rear fenders like the BMW M3.

Looks like a crappy Camry or a Maxima now.......
I am a fanatic but even I don't compare the TSX to an M3.
Old 10-20-2007 | 08:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I think its funny that some people think the TOV guy knows any more than we do....
It's not a question of who knows more than who. It's simply that Jeff's track record at TOV speaks for itself. While 99% of what's out there is probably mere speculation/rumor until the official unveiling, his predictions have been spot on historically.
Old 10-20-2007 | 08:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TSX420J
Yeah but the bumper is cut in a square/oval type shape. I think the tail pipes are just dummies and not the real shape.
That's the first convincing argument I've heard till now that suggests this might not be the final product. Those pipes definitely look out of place in those cut-outs. Nice observation!
Old 10-20-2007 | 10:52 AM
Racer

Thumbs up I believe

I believe this is the new TSX also, but it looks good. The side moldings actually flare out and are not flush like the current generation. I own an 04 TL and the rear quarter panel of this looks similar. Also the back looks alot like an IS, the only thing I see dissapointing is the lack of a center headrest in the rear. To me that makes a car look more classy, but I think this will be on par with all other entry level cars especially if they keep the chrome that the last generation displayed.
Old 10-20-2007 | 10:57 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

That's the first convincing argument I've heard till now that suggests this might not be the final product. Those pipes definitely look out of place in those cut-outs. Nice observation!

Thanks..
Old 10-20-2007 | 10:57 AM
Racer

Smile Testing

Sorry to you but this is the TL, look at the size diferance. plus it was testing in Germany the MDx is built here but it tested in Germany. The car is covered who cares if it's not sold in Europe, they just want the driving dynamics to be right.

Quick Reply: The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**