New Tsx Owner quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts
New Tsx Owner quick questions

Hey all I just got my 2010 Acura TSX last sunday in the grigio colorway. I am a very paranoid person and this is the first car i ever owned( obviously driven my parents car before) so i have many concerns. Please try to hold in your laughter as I unload these questions lol. I washed my car today and I hosed everywhere but the exhausts. I hosed under the bumper where the mesh area is, the top, the hood and my question is, me hosing those "open areas" won't damage anything right? I also had filled up my tank to the point where the needle goes past the Full a little bit..will that cause any damage to the emission? I had a message "tighten fuel cap" and my dum*ass unloaded the cap with the car on..i turned it off, recapped it and it eventually went away...does that message pop up a lot when you overfill your tank a bit? thanks guys, i feel so noobish asking these questions but i see how helpful this community is so I feel comfortable asking. Thanks again
Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
haha sup man. how old r u? haha (just asking cuz i had a lot of dumb quesitons when i first owend the car too)

first of all, welcome, and GRIGIO FTW!

2nd, dont worry about the fuel thing. i dont think they are gonna let u "over fill" ur car. ur good no worries.

and as for fuel cap, im not too sure, some ppl made a thread on it too. but if urs went away, i think its fine, but if it pops up again, i guess u can check if its closed tightly or if anything, u can alwyas take it back to ur trusty dealer!

hope it helps, im sure others will have much better info for u cuz im pretty noobish as well. LOl
Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Instructor

lol I'm 19 and your damn right, Grigio FTW! lol. Here are some pictures..

Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
We've all been "noobs" before so feel free to ask any questions you have (use the search function first though). Welcome to the forums and enjoy your car. There are tonnes of people here who are willing to help you out.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Actually you can overfill the gas tank. Normally at the top of the fill neck is a tube that collects fuel vapor from the tanks and sends it to the engine to be burned. But if you fill the tank so high that you get fuel down that tube it can damage this system. So fill up the tank but don't fill it so high that gas comes all the way up the fill tube. You would have to just about over flow the tank to do this, but just be aware is all.

Enjoy your new car. It looks great.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

lol what rocketman said. to clarify my post, when i said it wont over fill, cuz when i get gas i always just let it run untill it stops by itself, so thats why i said it wouldnt over flow.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Aruca Xst
Hey all I just got my 2010 Acura TSX last sunday in the grigio colorway. I am a very paranoid person and this is the first car i ever owned( obviously driven my parents car before) so i have many concerns. Please try to hold in your laughter as I unload these questions lol. I washed my car today and I hosed everywhere but the exhausts. I hosed under the bumper where the mesh area is, the top, the hood and my question is, me hosing those "open areas" won't damage anything right? I also had filled up my tank to the point where the needle goes past the Full a little bit..will that cause any damage to the emission? I had a message "tighten fuel cap" and my dum*ass unloaded the cap with the car on..i turned it off, recapped it and it eventually went away...does that message pop up a lot when you overfill your tank a bit? thanks guys, i feel so noobish asking these questions but i see how helpful this community is so I feel comfortable asking. Thanks again
When you're filling your tank, just run it until it shuts off by itself. Don't add anymore after that, then screw on the gas cap and tighten it till it "clicks" at least two times (it has like a "ratchet" like sound, and you can't over tighten it). I'll assume you hadn't tightened it enough and hence the warning (which is strictly emissions related by the way). The main reason for not overfilling is so the fuel has room to expand when warm, though if you do, there's little chance of damaging anything since it has an overflow tube.

Assuming the hood, trunk, doors, and windows are all closed, you're not going to get water anywhere with a hose that driving in the pouring rain at 80 mph on the highway won't get it. So.... spray away.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome!

off topic but is there a hint of brown in grigio?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 010tsxcbp
welcome!

yes! that's the main reason why i love the grigio. in certain lighting you see a slight tinge of brown. love it!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

welcome!

some ppl see it, some ppl dont. i hope theres no hint of brown i wish grigio is jsut a plain dark grey like the lexus IS. brown = but so far i dont reli see a brown on my car...maybe im just in denial
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Thanks a lot everybody. You guys and gals are a great asset to this community. My noobish self is learning more and more because of this forum lol. Any car sold by any dealership comes pre-clear coated right?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yes grigio looks really brown to me in person i got the polished metal or whatever it is that looks like grigio its just dark gray.

Nice to see more young people here I'm 17 and the TSX is my second car. You sound just like me when I first started driving I didn't know how to put gas in the car.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Instructor

It's interesting how this car is targeted towards 30 year old, college graduates. I bet that's the average age here, but its fun to hear about 17/18 year old students with this car!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It's interesting how this car is targeted towards 30 year old, college graduates. I bet that's the average age here, but its fun to hear about 17/18 year old students with this car!
At that age, I was not even had money to buy a good new bicycle.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Originally Posted by rgoldd
Yes grigio looks really brown to me in person i got the polished metal or whatever it is that looks like grigio its just dark gray.

Nice to see more young people here I'm 17 and the TSX is my second car. You sound just like me when I first started driving I didn't know how to put gas in the car.
lol the reason i didnt get pmm cuz i thoguht grigio was a darker gray. but did not konw the gray changes to a lighter gray in the sun lol. oh well!

and yah, nice to see ppl around our age haha. shows the tsx still appeal to us younger people
Old 08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Racer

If you're not anal about your cars paint, then stop reading here.

No, you won't do any damage to your paint/car by washing it. The drying process is normally where people unknowingly scratch their cars. If you park your car under any sort of Halogen bulb or in direct sunlight and look on an angle, you'll most likely see small "swirl" marks. They're mostly invisible to the eye...you have to be looking for them/know what you're looking for to see them. They're minute scratches made by improper drying/beading processes. It happens everytime you run it through a car wash. The only way to rid you car of them is to buy a good claybar/buffer/wax set and go to town...or just hire someone.

This is a severe example, but you get the picture. Most cars driving around on the streets have swirlage as bad as here...

Here you can really see the extent of the scratches against a nice, clean surface.

Sorry for long-winded response.

Welcome to AZ!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my CL9 when I was 18. I had a choice between the CU2, but chose the CL9, and when I had the CL9 I was also paranoid about it. I think everyone young with a car in the 30K range would be paranoid. I have buddies with C300, IS250, and G35. They are pretty much paranoid about there vehicles too. Keep in mind they also had there cars when they were 18 also. Its normal to be paranoid about they car.

I'm sure a few of us were paranoid on driving on tight small roads where 2 cars can go through barely... Meaning one car has to stop and one car has to go. I hated those roads when I had my car. I tend to be the one that stops and make the other person go =)
Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSteezyX
If you're not anal about your cars paint, then stop reading here.

No, you won't do any damage to your paint/car by washing it. The drying process is normally where people unknowingly scratch their cars. If you park your car under any sort of Halogen bulb or in direct sunlight and look on an angle, you'll most likely see small "swirl" marks. They're mostly invisible to the eye...you have to be looking for them/know what you're looking for to see them. They're minute scratches made by improper drying/beading processes. It happens everytime you run it through a car wash. The only way to rid you car of them is to buy a good claybar/buffer/wax set and go to town...or just hire someone.

This is a severe example, but you get the picture. Most cars driving around on the streets have swirlage as bad as here...

Here you can really see the extent of the scratches against a nice, clean surface.

Sorry for long-winded response.

Welcome to AZ!
Thanks brutha steez. I learned so much this past month by simply browsing Acurazine. I actually give advice to my friends on washing cars haha ..once again thank you guys and gals
Old 09-06-2010, 03:48 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Aruca Xst

I suddenly had this "tighten fuel cap" message on my tsx 2010 today, which only has about 1k miles. I did not touch the fuel cap for amolst one week since last fill up. I am sure I always tighten the cap after 3 clicks. Then I opened the cap, and re-tightened the cap. After 2 cycles, the message was gone by itself. I am wondering if I still need to bring the car to the dealer? Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by redren
I suddenly had this "tighten fuel cap" message on my tsx 2010 today, which only has about 1k miles. I did not touch the fuel cap for amolst one week since last fill up. I am sure I always tighten the cap after 3 clicks. Then I opened the cap, and re-tightened the cap. After 2 cycles, the message was gone by itself. I am wondering if I still need to bring the car to the dealer? Thanks.
no
Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

yeah no worries. u'll be fine. probably a minor bug
Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by redren
after reading this message during work, i ended up getting this message on my car after work when i first started my car. i only have 1500k miles on my 2010 base. I got my car filled up with gas last night, but nothing happened last night or this morning. And I dont fill up my gas becasue I am in NJ so I'm not allowed to fill up myself.