Inventory situation... is the shortage real or are dealers playing hardball?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:39 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DunedinBG
***This is a real shortage no doubt!!!*** I am experiencing it first-hand at the Acura Dealership I work at in Florida :-(
There might be a nationwide shortage but my local Acura dealer has 44 2011 TSXs and 3 2010 TSXs in stock.

That is about 30 more TSXs in stock then when I purchased my TSX exactly two years ago...

Anyone have any luck leasing a 2010 TSX for a steal?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
just received emails from 2 different acura dealers. They are offering financing- 60 months at 0% interest on acuras.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:11 AM
10th Gear

Is that on TSX's or on acura's built in the US? Also is it just those dealers or nationwide?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:06 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by DunedinBG
Yuck remember one thing folks...Dealer Trades are not good!!! I work for an Acura dealer and have worked for other car lines. Dealers only trade their worst car...paint damage, tree sap, bird doo stain, missing floormats, etc. Hawk your car over if they trade for it with another dealer.
When I bought my 06 Milano red/ebony 6MT/wnav tsx it was a dealer trade. I never regretted it-I got the car I wanted.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Froglet
Any information on the 2012?

I am simply looking for white, w/ black interior (

IIRC, these cars are assembled in Japan/USA? VIN starts w/ a J. I'm a bit weary about waiting that long, have no real idea of the impact, nor would I want something built there, if you know what I mean.

I'm not in a great rush, but I agree that if I can't get what I want, I might have to pass, then again I'm kind of pressed into getting a new car.

That's a common color combo. As long as you don't want a manual tranny, that should be doable in terms of finding one. The only issue might be whether it's tech or not.

There is no info about the 2012 model. The 2011 has only been out for 6 months. I expect there will be few if any changes because the 2011 was the mid-cycle refresh.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Hello there, I'm a little late joining the topic here (im new). I'm actually in the market for my first Acura. Since I'm posting here, you guys probably have figured out that I want a TSX. I want it to be black on black with tech/6 spd. I really didn't know the situation was this bad. I kinda figured since there's a shortage with the '12 Civic. From reading here and looking at dealer inventories, I'd be better off waiting for the 2012s. I also like the 1G TSXs, it's just they're hard to find with a 6spd. <-- That's a requirement for me. More fun!

I'm glad everyone who was looking to get the wagon/sedan was able to buy them. As for me I'll have to wait a few mos. I came in a little too late. I'm not settling. This is a nice forum and thanks for reading!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
^ there are a few 1st gen TSX's out there black on black w/ 6MT... make sure you google...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig-D
That's a common color combo. As long as you don't want a manual tranny, that should be doable in terms of finding one. The only issue might be whether it's tech or not.

There is no info about the 2012 model. The 2011 has only been out for 6 months. I expect there will be few if any changes because the 2011 was the mid-cycle refresh.

welcome bro, enjoy your stay and look forward to your new 2012. This forum is pretty cool! most people except a few (mainly tsxkid2010) are pretty knowledgeable and helpful!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Hello there, I'm a little late joining the topic here (im new). I'm actually in the market for my first Acura. Since I'm posting here, you guys probably have figured out that I want a TSX. I want it to be black on black with tech/6 spd. I really didn't know the situation was this bad. I kinda figured since there's a shortage with the '12 Civic. From reading here and looking at dealer inventories, I'd be better off waiting for the 2012s. I also like the 1G TSXs, it's just they're hard to find with a 6spd. <-- That's a requirement for me. More fun!

I'm glad everyone who was looking to get the wagon/sedan was able to buy them. As for me I'll have to wait a few mos. I came in a little too late. I'm not settling. This is a nice forum and thanks for reading!
You want the same car I got last month (ordered in March). I'm sorry to say you have almost no chance of finding the exact model you want unless you possibly do a nationwide search and are willing to travel to get it. In most cases, entire states only have 1 or 2 six speeds for sale and most are base. I suspect that Acura is going to soon do away with 6 speed tech models in the U.S., as has already happened in Canada.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Burning Brakes

^ residual value on the TSX 6MT tech is ridiculous!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
^In BC, the used 09/10 Tech 6MT model sells for more than the 5AT.

They have discontinued the 6MT on Tech model for MY 2011 in Canada.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 AM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by ressling
^ there are a few 1st gen TSX's out there black on black w/ 6MT... make sure you google...
Yeah definitely been looking.

Originally Posted by KillerG
welcome bro, enjoy your stay and look forward to your new 2012. This forum is pretty cool! most people except a few (mainly tsxkid2010) are pretty knowledgeable and helpful!
Thanks!

You want the same car I got last month (ordered in March). I'm sorry to say you have almost no chance of finding the exact model you want unless you possibly do a nationwide search and are willing to travel to get it. In most cases, entire states only have 1 or 2 six speeds for sale and most are base. I suspect that Acura is going to soon do away with 6 speed tech models in the U.S., as has already happened in Canada.
Yeah I hope they don't drop it for the 2012MY if I can't get a 2011. How much do you love your TSX, Craig?

^ residual value on the TSX 6MT tech is ridiculous!
I'm pretty sure if I can land one of these in my driveway I'd keep it a pretty long time. 5+ yrs.

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
^In BC, the used 09/10 Tech 6MT model sells for more than the 5AT.

They have discontinued the 6MT on Tech model for MY 2011 in Canada.
Kinda sucks that they did discontinue it though. I can see why from a logical business point.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Racer

Yeah I hope they don't drop it for the 2012MY if I can't get a 2011. How much do you love your TSX, Craig?

I'm pretty sure if I can land one of these in my driveway I'd keep it a pretty long time. 5+ yrs.
I am quite fond of the car and I think it's the best looking in its class (how often can you say that about a Honda product?). I like that you get a lot of equipment for the money and the black exterior really dresses the TSX up. I had a 2009 grigio metallic base model previously. Having the tech package makes it seem like a different car to me. The back-up camera is a revelation. A must-have in a car such as this that you can't see behind well. Voice activation of most controls and factory Nav with an 8" screen is what makes the tech package worth it. I love not having to take my eyes off the road or hands off the wheel to operate the nav and select music on my iPod. Having all song info on one screen in color without having to scroll is also awesome. My complaints are few and minor:

I lease, and I'm not sure I'd chose black if I were keeping this car a long time. After only 1 month of having it and 1600 miles, the front end is really taking a beating. Acura's paint is horrible and every little thing easily chips it - which really shows up on black. I don't think this car's appearance will age as well as my grigio one did.

The nav works much better than my Garmin Nuvi did. I wasn't expecting anyone to beat Garmin, but the TSX's (made by Alpine) gives much clearer directions. While the updated VGA screen for 2011 looks great, the fact that the Nav only has 2D maps is inexcusable in an age when $200 Garmins have not only 3D maps, but 3D renderings of buildings and landmarks. Acura dropped the ball big time there.

I love the tech package as a whole and it is worth getting, but I would not pay the full $3k MSRP premium for it. I've already mentioned the one issue I have with the Nav. The ELS sounds slightly better than the base stereo to my ears with clearer highs that are mostly attributed to the extra tweeters at ear level near the side mirrors. But if the ELS was a stand alone option, I doubt I'd pay more to upgrade to it. This is not a knock on the ELS - more a compliment on how good the base stereo is.

The interior changes for 2011 mostly work, but it still feels Honda+ to me (no surprise since it's a badge-engineered Euro Accord). The interior really needs some real wood or aluminum to make it truly upscale like the interiors of the RL and MDX. The only real metal in the entire interior is a tiny piece on the shift knob. At least they darkened the color of the silver plastic strips on the dash to make it look less like a poor attempt to simulate metal. That was a good move.

These are minor quibbles. Overall, the TSX delivers. The 6 speed really brings the engine to life. If the day comes that they eliminate it, they lose me as a customer. The 5 speed auto is simply a deal-breaker for me in this particular car as its 8-8.5 second 0-60 performance is unacceptable to me for $30k and the V6 auto with its $5k premium is overpriced. If Acura adds better interior materials and another 30 hp and 30 lbs. ft. of torque while holding the line on price, the BMW 328 and Audi A4 would be in serious trouble. Even as it is currently, my friend who has a 2011 328i liked my TSX better.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
David_Dude

I agree with you, Craig. Very nice car. Acuras had always caught my attention. I know every car isn't perfect, but for acura to be so techie, you'd thinkg they'd have more going on in the nav dept. To me acura's look way better than hondas, even though this is a rebadge. It's amazing how many ppl dont know about the euro accord. If I had the need for and suv, the MDX is the one i'd buy.

I'm glad you're enjoying your TSX. Definitely trying to figure out how to go about getting the one I want. I'm willing to wait a few mos if necessary. More than likely I'd have a bra put on the front of a car, cause I tend to do a lot of hwy driving. Most darker colored cars look horrible (black the worst like you mentioned) after some good hwy miles. My previous car was silver and it looked great! Silver's great on scratches an rock chips, it was a Mazda Millenia. Great paint quality.

I'm sure the 3G TSX will have a good bump in HP for the 4cyl and hopefully they retain the 6spd. V6 is definitely overpriced, but is a nice motor nonetheless. Acura needs to separate itself more from Honda. When it comes to value I'd take an Acura over a BMW/Audi/MB anyday! Its amazing how many people lease those cars and don't even have the features that your TSX has. If i'm paying $30K+ for a car, at least give me HIDs standard instead of bundle all these packages making me pay for stuff i dont want/need ultimately adding at least $10K to the price. This is where acura shines. Keep it simple. Base or tech? 5 spd or 6 spd? Tech or Advance (MDX)? Gotcha. Lets do the paperwork. lol
Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
These are minor quibbles. Overall, the TSX delivers. The 6 speed really brings the engine to life. If the day comes that they eliminate it, they lose me as a customer. The 5 speed auto is simply a deal-breaker for me in this particular car as its 8-8.5 second 0-60 performance is unacceptable to me for $30k and the V6 auto with its $5k premium is overpriced. If Acura adds better interior materials and another 30 hp and 30 lbs. ft. of torque while holding the line on price, the BMW 328 and Audi A4 would be in serious trouble. Even as it is currently, my friend who has a 2011 328i liked my TSX better.
from where this information of 8~8.5 sec performance coming from? and how is V6 overpriced? look at its performance/fuel economic/standard equipment combination. you wont be getting standard 18inch mich any of its competition. it surpasses all its competition by wide margin.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
from where this information of 8~8.5 sec performance coming from? and how is V6 overpriced? look at its performance/fuel economic/standard equipment combination. you wont be getting standard 18inch mich any of its competition. it surpasses all its competition by wide margin.
It comes from just about every magazine or website that has tested the TSX. The 6 speed has been consistently tested at anywere from 7 - 7.7 seconds 0-60 with a mention that the auto is about a second slower. I know it's hard to accept, but it's no secret that the auto TSX is not quick.

Here's some examples:

Inside line got 8.6 out of the auto: http://www.insideline.com/acura/tsx/...acura-tsx.html

Edmunds got 8.7: http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/2011/

As for the TSX V6, I didn't say it's overpriced compared to its competitors. What I meant was it's overpriced compared to the cost of a base TSX. $5k for nothing else but 80 more horsepower and torque plus 1" bigger wheels? I don't think so. Lastly, it does not surpass its competition on anything but perhaps a lower price. A BMW 335i, Infiniti G37, and a Lexus IS350 will all blow away a TSX V6. Most reviewers prefer the handling of the 4 cyl and say that model with the 6 speed is the TSX to get.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
David_Dude

6spd FTW! Good value overall. I definitely wouldn't mind havin a 4cyl again.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
It comes from just about every magazine or website that has tested the TSX. The 6 speed has been consistently tested at anywere from 7 - 7.7 seconds 0-60 with a mention that the auto is about a second slower. I know it's hard to accept, but it's no secret that the auto TSX is not quick.

Here's some examples:

Inside line got 8.6 out of the auto: http://www.insideline.com/acura/tsx/...acura-tsx.html

Edmunds got 8.7: http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/2011/

As for the TSX V6, I didn't say it's overpriced compared to its competitors. What I meant was it's overpriced compared to the cost of a base TSX. $5k for nothing else but 80 more horsepower and torque plus 1" bigger wheels? I don't think so. Lastly, it does not surpass its competition on anything but perhaps a lower price. A BMW 335i, Infiniti G37, and a Lexus IS350 will all blow away a TSX V6. Most reviewers prefer the handling of the 4 cyl and say that model with the 6 speed is the TSX to get.
Ok. slightly worse numbers Edmunds got on $27K ford focus titanium with summer performance tires not on all season setup on with heavier wheels. for example my 18inch aspec wheels/tires combo is way lighter than 17inch standard TSX and i got consistently 7 to 7.5 to 60mph with 100mph coming in 18 second in sport mode with VSA off.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/focus...-titanium.html

but this is not the real driving condition. as these numbers are l in sport mode with pedal to the floor. no one drives like this.
try Ford focus titanium normallly between 1000 to 3000rpm. it is way sluggish and engine almost barks after 3000rpm. IN TSX you wont feel and it will be already in 80mph. IN Focus you have to press the pedal to floor to get any passing and merging pickup. Go try Ford Focus at Ford store. Ford dont offer paddle shifters either. so no instantaneous tranmission changes

G37/335/IS350 are alteast $5K expensive than comparably equiped TSX. They are at most half a second faster with auto transmission when tire setup is all season but TSX way more refined/fuel efficient in real driving. TSX V6 is among the best in its class.
It is perhaps the only car in C&D comparision test history that got 0-100mph in 15 second with 27mpg fuel economy. and that was Pre-MMC TSX.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
3rd Gear

I just took a black on black 6spd with Tech off the market in the midwest... good luck with your search!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by supernads
I just took a black on black 6spd with Tech off the market in the midwest... good luck with your search!
AHHH! I HATE U! lol anywho I went online and search the inventory of EVERY Acura dealer in the states of Alabama, Georgia, and FL. I think I found 1 or 2 iirc, black/black TSX 6spd tech. And if im not mistakened I probably missed it too. Maybe 5-6 6spds altogether.

I'm glad you was able to get your TSX Hopefully I'm next.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:20 AM
David_Dude

Also I forgot to ask (we need an edit button). This is for all the owners of a 6spd. When you park your car do you A) put it in first? B) Just shift to neutral and use the parking brake? or C) Shift to reverse so your already in gear to back out the next time you start the car? Of course the parking brake can be used for all 3 options. I just was curious. IDK how many times I've read the 2009-10 TSX owners manual online.

It's been a good while I've driven a stick. I usually would shift to neutral and e-brake it. My neighbors always shift to reverse before getting out the car. (Most corvette owners do it too, as it says in the manual iirc, but i digress)

Also these questions DO NOT include inclines/hills. Just relatively parking in a flat place, like a parking lot, driveway, or garage.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:52 AM
TSX 6MT 11 / MDX Tech 14

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^ I usually turn the car off with the clutch on, put the e-brake, release the brake to let the car sit in his final position without any resistance from the transmission and then I release the clutch in first gear. I do it that so that the transmission won't have any resistance when parked specially up/down hill.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 AM
it's a car-drive it

Also I forgot to ask (we need an edit button). This is for all the owners of a 6spd. When you park your car do you A) put it in first? B) Just shift to neutral and use the parking brake? or C) Shift to reverse so your already in gear to back out the next time you start the car? Of course the parking brake can be used for all 3 options. I just was curious. IDK how many times I've read the 2009-10 TSX owners manual online.

It's been a good while I've driven a stick. I usually would shift to neutral and e-brake it. My neighbors always shift to reverse before getting out the car. (Most corvette owners do it too, as it says in the manual iirc, but i digress)

Also these questions DO NOT include inclines/hills. Just relatively parking in a flat place, like a parking lot, driveway, or garage.
try not to use the e-brake so leave it in gear (usually ends up in 1st)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
try not to use the e-brake so leave it in gear (usually ends up in 1st)
So you use your transmission as a brake and decide to not use your brakes? FWIW the e-brake does not use the disc brakes, they use an internal drum so you aren't hurting your actual driving brakes.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Burning Brakes

@ AcuraDude, I was told that you're always supposed to leave the car in a gear when parking. What gear that is, I'm not sure, but if my memory serves me correctly, in driver's ed about a decade back, I was told not to use reverse? Donno here...

FWIW, I ALWAYS leave it in 1st. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when valet leaves it in neutral; in my opinion, it's simply not safe.

Just yesterday I returned to my car at my work's parking garage and noticed that for whatever reason, I hadn't applied my e-brake! It must've been a rough morning. Good thing I had it in first. Can you imagine if I left it in neutral????
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Racer

There's no such thing as an emergency brake. The term is a misnomer. The second brake is known only as a parking brake. You always leave a car with a manual transmission in first gear along with the parking brake. The owner's manual in every car states this as well. You do it whether you're on a hill or on flat land. Additionally, on a hill you leave your front wheels turned toward the curb. Parking brakes can fail, so leaving it in gear is your back-up. Even people with automatics should use the parking brake because the transmission gears are not designed to hold the weight of the entire car on a hill.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

@ AcuraDude, I was told that you're always supposed to leave the car in a gear when parking. What gear that is, I'm not sure, but if my memory serves me correctly, in driver's ed about a decade back, I was told not to use reverse? Donno here...

FWIW, I ALWAYS leave it in 1st. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when valet leaves it in neutral; in my opinion, it's simply not safe.

Just yesterday I returned to my car at my work's parking garage and noticed that for whatever reason, I hadn't applied my e-brake! It must've been a rough morning. Good thing I had it in first. Can you imagine if I left it in neutral????
Not that they are the ultimate automotive authority, but back in the days when Saab was owned by Saab, you could not remove the key on a manual transmission car unless you put it in reverse.

Personally, I stop the car and have the clutch fully depressed and the foot brake pushed down as well and the car in 1st gear. I pull the hand brake, then release the foot brake. Once the foot brake is released, the car moves forward about an inch, after that has happened I release the clutch. This way, the hand brake is holding the car in place and the transmission is a back up in case the hand brake failed.

If you leave it in gear with out the handbrake, you are using engine compression and the transmission to hold the car in place, while this does work, that's not what they were designed for and puts unnecessary stress on your engine and transmission.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
^Totally agreed with Craig-D, black label, ressling.

I leave my car in 1st with parking brake on after parking the car, and that's with all my manual tranny vehicles in the past 30 years.

A neighbour of mine back in the early 90's drove a Mustang GT 5.0L with 5MT, he parked out on the street with parking brake only, not thinking of the slight incline our street has, needless to say, the following morning his car rolled backwards for half a block and hit another car.

And yes, I drove one of those Saab with ignition key on the floor and you couldn't remove the key unless you put the gear into reverse.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 PM
David_Dude

Thanks for chiming in everyone. Craig-D, yeah I know it's a parking brake. I've been saying E-brake FOREVER. Ohhhh and I wouldn't use that to slow you down.... no no nooo... causes the car to slide around.
PHP Code:
Ask me how I know...:annoyed
I definitely agree with Black Label, Ressling, Tech, and Craig. I'd be pretty pissed if my car rolled a half a block into someone else's car. Ressling your rough morning could've ended up "rougher." Glad nothing happened. Thanks for your input NJ. The cool factor always goes up when a woman can drives a manual. <--- that has to be one of the coolest things. I know one girl (from school), who wouldn't drive anything but a stick.

I've driven them, but never had the chance to own one for the fact that people around me can't drive a manual or not anymore But I live in FL and it's relatively flat. Though I do remember putting cars in gear (reverse if it's facing downhill/opposite if its facing uphill). But ironically if I'm parking in the yard or something, neutral (p-brake also) it is. Talk about inconsistent!!! If I'm able to get my first Acura then i'd definite use 1st/p-brake at all times. I was curious.

And you know what else? I've never paid attention to vtec till now. Thats insane how the sound changes at high rpm and you get that kick. That seems very addicting. I see why people are in love with honda's vtec. Anyone can answer this question? Is vtec more pronounce with DOHC or SOHC. Ok i'm done askin questions.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Burning Brakes

^ Vtech is definitely addicting. These engines are made to be wound up. Here in north/northwest GA, there's plenty of curves and hills that make driving a 6MT very fun to drive.

Also, women that drive manuals = major turn on
Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
David_Dude

Also, women that drive manuals = major turn on
Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
And you know what else? I've never paid attention to vtec till now. Thats insane how the sound changes at high rpm and you get that kick. That seems very addicting. I see why people are in love with honda's vtec. Anyone can answer this question? Is vtec more pronounce with DOHC or SOHC. Ok i'm done askin questions.
Yes it is much more pronounced in DOHC Honda motors. The S2000, Integra and Prelude are great examples.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:33 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by black label
So you use your transmission as a brake and decide to not use your brakes? FWIW the e-brake does not use the disc brakes, they use an internal drum so you aren't hurting your actual driving brakes.
After the parking brake froze up on me one year I became leary about using it. I do use it on hills and such- but in the garage where it is flat-most of the time no.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

I think using it more frequently would make it less likely to freeze up. From what I've seen people with automatics who rarely use their parking brake are the ones who it gets stuck on. Every car I've had since 1992 was a manual transmission (1 VW, 3 Hondas, 1 Acura) and I've never had my parking brake freeze on me.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Coreano-brasileiro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Last Saturday, i was waiting a long while at the dealership. Outside of the usually finance department wait game, there was another issue at hand: my desired GLM exterior/ebony interior 5AT TSX was already sold the previous night before and the dealer only had a GLM exterior/Taupe interior left. He called around and tried to get a dealership swap, but they too also had sold their last GLM/ebony TSX. The dealer had also told me something interesting:

There aren't any GLM/ebony 5AT TSXs left in the whole of Southern California! Up in the northern half of the state had some stock left, but i wasn't in a situation where i could wait much longer for the car. In the end, i opted to take home that GLM/Taupe at the lot

i'm 99.9% pleased at my choice. i'm still a wee bit bummed that i couldn't get the ebony interior, but the Taupe colour is growing on me and everyone has given me many compliments that i chose the better colour. It won't be long before i will be 100% pleased hehe

So, needless to say, i believe that we are definitely facing a real shortfall of these beauts...
Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

the color that is GLM for Acura is a very popular color right now. SUPER popular arguably. My wifey tried to get a Camry in one and there were none in our state, which typically carries a pretty large inventory.

All cars go through their "color cycles". Everyone wanted light silver for a long time, now they want the darker silver

No offense to you, but I would've waited for what I wanted on an interior color, but that's just me; I'm not a fan of light interiors at all.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Coreano-brasileiro

the color that is GLM for Acura is a very popular color right now. SUPER popular arguably. My wifey tried to get a Camry in one and there were none in our state, which typically carries a pretty large inventory.

All cars go through their "color cycles". Everyone wanted light silver for a long time, now they want the darker silver

No offense to you, but I would've waited for what I wanted on an interior color, but that's just me; I'm not a fan of light interiors at all.
Hey ressling,

Yeah, if i could've waited, i woulda opted to maybe get them to ship it from Northern California or perhaps out of state, but then, the car i was driving now wasn't gonna hold out for much longer

And with all the talk of dwindling inventory, i was afraid i'd probably never get a car haha

Really though, i'm getting used to the colour. i barely think about the "what if..." now
Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Burning Brakes

^ No worries man, you gotta TSX! That's good stuff!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Coreano-brasileiro

Exactly!