Euro Accord Commercial "Difficult is worth Doing" in the making

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro Accord Commercial "Difficult is worth Doing" in the making

Here are some shots of the commercial of the Euro Accord Ad Campaign and concept article as well as the website that is tracking the progress of the ad itself. Enjoy! I know I did.

Euro Accord on set

Euro Hatch coming out of a transport

Just Euro Accord shot I have not seen before on the article

Article referring to Honda's Commercial

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...015.html?r=RSS

Is difficult worth doing?

Honda's new Accord comes after years of development and testing - but was it worth it?

What have you done today that was difficult? The truth is that most people probably won’t have pushed themselves as hard as they could. Why? Because difficult means burning the midnight oil. Difficult takes all the grit and determination you can muster. But for Honda, this philosophy lies at the heart of everything it does.

And no one epitomizes it more than Mr Soichiro Honda. Ever since he first fitted an engine to a bike and created his first motorcycle, Honda has relished a challenge. In fact, Mr Honda’s engineers said that working with him was like being on the second floor whilst someone set fire to the first floor and took away the ladder.

Take the new Accord which launches on 1 June 2008. It was certainly a challenge. Why? Because Honda decided to start from scratch. To rebuild the car from the ground up. This meant asking a lot of tough questions. Like what happens if you have to completely rethink an engine to get a filter working to its true potential? And how do you make racing car suspension feel smooth? And what can you do to make drivers even safer on the road?

Well, years of development, testing and analysis have gone into the answers. Honda has used all its expertise to develop the brand new Accord. Even the cameras, radars and microprocessors in Honda’s robot, ASIMO, have inspired some of the advanced safety technology.

As a result, the new Accord is not just an evolution of the previous model but a completely redesigned and re-engineered offering. And what will this mean for drivers? It means that Honda has turned some very clever and complex thinking into an even safer, more relaxing and more enjoyable driving experience.

So has Honda proved that difficult is worth doing? Absolutely.

Honda daily blog progress of the commercial website:

http://difficultisworthdoing.typepad.com/
Old 05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i like the wagon
Old 05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

I realy wish they offered a TSX wagon. You know they're depriving us of options in a desperate attempt to look more upscale but Mercedes and BMW have wagons.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
The rims on the tourer are awesome! Are those 18s or 19s?

They're depriving us of a TSX wagon to sell RDXes, which I think is a huge mistake. They appeal to totally different markets. I want versatility without the high seating position. Most people actually like the high seating position for some reason.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by darmok
They're depriving us of a TSX wagon to sell RDXes, which I think is a huge mistake. They appeal to totally different markets.
I agree that we don't need both a TSX wagon and an RDX. We need to remember that 4 years ago when the RDX was starting development, nobody could have imagined gas at $4+ per gallon. However, I still view wagons and coupes the same way. There is a lot of noise for them, but few sales beyond the initial excitement.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Originally Posted by wackura
I realy wish they offered a TSX wagon.
+1 I'd replace my Jetta wagon with one of those in a heartbeat. Especially if it came with either the 2.0L gas or 2.2L diesel motor (and a 6MT, of course).
Old 05-28-2008, 01:26 AM
D

Don't shoot me, but after seeing those pics I've decided I prefer the TSX grill.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Draconis77...That's a pretty brave statement to make *laughing* Seriously though, I was one of those who disliked the Acura grill at first but don't seem to be offended by it anymore. Would I say the Euro Accord grill looks worse or better than that of the Acura, I am still leaning towards the "looks better than Acura's" mainly because of the emblem being centred rather than being on the top portion. That being said, its not enough for me to say that I wouldn't buy an 09 because of the grill.

BTW...Have you guys noticed that on the sedan picture on the bottom, it appears that an "add on" body kit was put on the car rather than a full bumper although I have seen the full replacement bumper kit on some euro pictures as well. do they have the replacement bumper and the add on kit (like the previous gen of TSX)??
Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Unauthorized User

I like the Euro Honda grille alot better than the Acura Grille on the 2nd gen TSX.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I love the Tourer. I'd buy one if I had kids to haul around and it were offered here.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Race Director

Hasn't Honda/Acura heard that Volvo Wagons still sell here in the USA fine, as well as the Passat Wagon, and the A4 Avant? I think after 1 bad experience of the Accord Wagon fiasco, Honda is scared that a TSX wagon won't sell here in the USA/Canada. Bad decision.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

I'll bet a lot of UK Accord owners would do a straight trade for the Acura grill. It's the old "want what you don't have" scenario.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Draconis77
Don't shoot me, but after seeing those pics I've decided I prefer the TSX grill.
hehe you are brave

I don't mind either grill really.

I've really only had one gripe--the rims, and yup the tourer's rims are pretty sick. That add-on front skirt is looking pretty nice too
Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Instructor

I was actually looking at some sort of wagon when I bought my TSX. I loved the practicality of the hatch on my my Integra so I wanted to stick with something like that.

I would jump all over a TSX wagon. Although an M5 touring would be ULTIMATE
Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by s2ka
I'll bet a lot of UK Accord owners would do a straight trade for the Acura grill. It's the old "want what you don't have" scenario.
Heh, I thought it was the 'grass is always greener on the other side' scenario......
Old 05-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Originally Posted by 09TSX
Seriously though, I was one of those who disliked the Acura grill at first but don't seem to be offended by it anymore. Would I say the Euro Accord grill looks worse or better than that of the Acura, I am still leaning towards the "looks better than Acura's" mainly because of the emblem being centred rather than being on the top portion. That being said, its not enough for me to say that I wouldn't buy an 09 because of the grill.
+1

I'll totally admit I barfed when I first saw the '09 grille but I was in my dealership for B1 service this morning and and it's grown on me. I didn't sit in the car but will when I go to pick it up... the service manager said he was with me on the grille (he's warmed to it as well) but the new interior he loved from the start. It wouldn't keep me from buying one anymore.

But yeah, I still like the Euro Accord grille better.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by s2ka
I'll trade them the overdone Acura grille for the Accord Tourer
Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Even if a person accepts that the Acura grill isn't awful the Euro Accord grill is still a work of art by comparison.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Intermediate

For me the Euro grill is better since the overall character of the car gets redefined instead of a tsx grill in conjunction with the 2 oversize DRL lights (look closer andd the shape doesnt fit the headlight that the round shape had to be modified around the top and bottom) that look like the tsx has his mouth open. maybe i can post a picture of what i mean when i get home.

Something about characters when you look at a car from the front or back. It either appeals to you or doesnt depending on aesthetics. To me the TSX front looks like a puppy with large eyes and mouth open as if its drooling in a cartoon kind perspective. Looks goofy and almost invokes that immediate "yuck" reaction until it grows on you after you see it enough.

While the Euro accord "saloon" with that grill looks it means business and will slice anything in its way. The lip adds more character to it as well - almost like a jet fighter. I love the picture above with the same dark chrome grill that gives it a menacing look similar to the tl type s with the blacked out headlights that almost that makes the large DRL not as noticeable as the tsx grill does with its DRLs

Just my opinion

elusive_wind
Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Updated on the commercial:

Honda Accord Euro Tourer blasting through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0FB_...g.typepad.com/
Old 05-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Advanced

im liking that hatch.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 PM
JDM Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIUChm7fJjs
Old 05-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
Europe has had some awesome commercials over the years. In general, US car commercials are trash. In the past few years, I think Hyundai has put out the best ads in the US. I've disliked Honda's cheesy clearance ads with cartoons, the "Honda!" chorus. Their Euro ads, on the other hand, have always been fantastic.

Judging by the fact that the ad got 2.2 million viewers, then added some, and got TONS of news attention, I'd say job well done on that ad. First truly live ad in the UK apparently.