Completed Clearbra/Tint/Baby-proofed!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts
Completed Clearbra/Tint/Baby-proofed!!! :)

With a new baby on the way in less than 2 weeks, I made sure I completed "baby-proofing" the inside, as well as completed clear bra and tint... Now I can relax, and be stress free from worrying about paint chips on the highway, and baby puke on the seats... lol

Clear bra complete: (3M)
hood
fenders
a pillar
mirrors
lower rockers (behind front wheel, ahead of rear wheel, behind real wheel)

Tint complete: (Llumar)
all 3 rear windows, at 15%

Interior:
black towels (to blend in), attached behind both front seats, in front of rear seats.
^ (you guys may laugh at this, but this being our 2nd kid, I learned to protect/cover all that is sacred inside from "unexpected" blowups)

Next mods:
Clearbra front bumper (2 weeks from now)
Hood struts
Invisicord detector power cord install
Independent fog lights control
Hoen fog lights

Enjoy pics

Even this close, you can't see the clear bra... the guy doing it is awesome.. it's our second car we have covered.

And now you can see the lines:

This is probably my favorite clear bra location... my wife and her keys/nails... Again, I learned from experience.

And now the sacred interior, protected from infant-ammo... lol. Target shopping is a must...

Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice, looks very clean! I just got mine and am about to get tint and clear bra. Good idea for the door handles too. I am thinkinng whole front end for my clear bra, hood, bumper, grill, lights, foglights, etc...

What kind of clear bra did you get? I am debating the 3m scotchguard or this new Xpel self healing one.

Last, it seems like you got the whole rear window tinted. Did you have them take off the rear panel to tint over the 3rd brake light? I want to do this, but am scared to have them do it at the dealer just to tint that little light. But looks much better tinted I think. Still debating how dark to go, and what brand of tint. Seems like the one I saw at dealer was really light even though they said it was 15%.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Pro

Mods please delete this duplicate thread... Not sure what happened.... Sorry
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
haha those black towels are barely noticeable
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ed_423
haha those black towels are barely noticeable
Hahaha thanks! That's the whole idea
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
nice ride, the silver looks good as SE. the towel mod is sexy

Originally Posted by IndycarFaster
Nice, looks very clean! I just got mine and am about to get tint and clear bra. Good idea for the door handles too. I am thinkinng whole front end for my clear bra, hood, bumper, grill, lights, foglights, etc...

What kind of clear bra did you get? I am debating the 3m scotchguard or this new Xpel self healing one.

Last, it seems like you got the whole rear window tinted. Did you have them take off the rear panel to tint over the 3rd brake light? I want to do this, but am scared to have them do it at the dealer just to tint that little light. But looks much better tinted I think. Still debating how dark to go, and what brand of tint. Seems like the one I saw at dealer was really light even though they said it was 15%.
the tint places have a special tool to get the tint behind the third brake light, mine has the entire rear windshield as well, and they did not touch the rear deck. some places will say its illegal to do it, they are just being lazy
Old 04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
I'm not 100% on clear anything. I put that crap on my phone and can see the black edges on the white phone. I ripped it off, and it looks new again. Besides I don't plan to keep a car or phone for a long time.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by PyroDave
nice ride, the silver looks good as SE. the towel mod is sexy

the tint places have a special tool to get the tint behind the third brake light, mine has the entire rear windshield as well, and they did not touch the rear deck. some places will say its illegal to do it, they are just being lazy
Yeah not sure what my guy...I just know he is f*king awesome. The entire rear is tinted.

Originally Posted by Professor
I'm not 100% on clear anything. I put that crap on my phone and can see the black edges on the white phone. I ripped it off, and it looks new again. Besides I don't plan to keep a car or phone for a long time.
Ah, you sounded like me a few years ago. In case you don't know me...I am very very very very (did I out enough verys in there? Lol) OCD. I used to run my own detailing business...then marriage and kids came... But i digress. What I'm saying is, I need my paint to be absolutely flawless. I once spen 15 hours detailing my minivan....lol

But anyways, the clear bra is gods best invention to car fanatics, IMO. If done CORRECTLY, clear bra installs are perfect and virtually invisible. They are easy to clean ESP with bugs, etc. and the don't ever chip, unless some huge rock punctures thru. Best part is, paint underneath stays virgin, and perfect. If you choose to reapply 4 or 5 years from now, even better.

It's up to you, but for me (and many others) clear bra is a MUST for any new car off the lot.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
^ First of all, your car looks super. And I'm all for keeping rock chips and stuff off of the paint.

But on light colored cars, I can see the seam of material near the bottom in front and behind the wheels. Maybe black wouldn't show as much. IDK. And OCD... I've been know to take the wheels off the car to clean the inside of the wheels.

Of course, I carry a touch-up kit, and (knock on wood) have had only a tiny pencil-tip spot to fix on the front lip.

Finally, I learned this lesson the hardway. Mods destroy a value of a car. I had a Monte Carlo SS... custom seats, steering wheel, wheels, rear-end, etc. All top dollar when I bought the stuff. Dealer said put as much of the OEM stuff back on, and keep the rest at the same price.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Professor
^ First of all, your car looks super. And I'm all for keeping rock chips and stuff off of the paint.

But on light colored cars, I can see the seam of material near the bottom in front and behind the wheels. Maybe black wouldn't show as much. IDK. And OCD... I've been know to take the wheels off the car to clean the inside of the wheels.

Of course, I carry a touch-up kit, and (knock on wood) have had only a tiny pencil-tip spot to fix on the front lip.

Finally, I learned this lesson the hardway. Mods destroy a value of a car. I had a Monte Carlo SS... custom seats, steering wheel, wheels, rear-end, etc. All top dollar when I bought the stuff. Dealer said put as much of the OEM stuff back on, and keep the rest at the same price.
Indeed... certain mods will definitely lower value.

But as for chips vs clear bra, that's totally up to you. In my photos I purposely zoomed in in fact to show the lines of the bra...that was the idea

But yeah, if you prefer having the rock chips versus looking/seeing the clear bra, that's certainly your choice, and I won't say otherwise.

For me, I'd rather have the slightly visible lines, then have perfect paint, than have craters in my paint... Case in point, I bought a new 2007 Altima one time, fresh, new... drove it home. What happened? rock chip. Not more than 1/2 hour of me signing the papers. I lived with that rock chip the rest of the time I owned that car. Never again.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much was all that clear braing?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by adversary
how much was all that clear braing?
It will vary from installers and location. It should go from about 600 - 1000, depending on amount of coverage and also skill of installer.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice clean ride, great idea with the black towels!