2G TSX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Wow that is absolute bull. There's really no way you could've won the case? I've never sold anything on eBay, only bought. I try to keep things local if selling.
There really wasn't much I could do. I did a bunch of research during that time also and a lot of sites were saying majority of the time the buyer will usually win by default anyways because they could care less about the seller's loss. If people stop buying from eBay because of incidents like this, they will take a loss.

Even though I brought up valid points in my arguments (I sold it brand new, sealed, if it's the wrong motor, that's on Traxxas, not me. Also, why would you wait 40 days to tell me it's broken due to shipping? Clearly he somehow broke it and wanted to pin the blame on me) and IMO crushed his BS lies, they still choose his side which just proved that they don't give a rats ass who's right, the buyer will get their way.

I did contact PayPal to let them know what had happened. The first time the guy misinformed me it seems, he just said "oh yeah send us pictures of the car and they'll take a look at it". Nothing happened. Second time I call the guy says the 1st guy was wrong, they never even ask for pictures, so I explain to him what happened and he supposedly notes down all the info and says I'll get an email and I need to fill an affidavit. That never came, so I was like fuck it they're not going to give me my money anyways, I'll just buy the stupid parts and resell it. I probably lost $100 bucks because of it, but oh well, really wasn't my fault/anything I could do with a screwed up system. Ever since I've been weary of selling on eBay, but I just reassure myself there are only 1 in 100 people that try some shit like that.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iCrap
if you call them they usually side with you or reimburse you... I sell a lot on eBay.
That's what the guy told me, they don't get the money back from the buyer, but PayPal's insurance just pays me back. I should have been more persistent about it, but months just went by and I was like it's probably to late to even try anymore.

I end up getting these for free through my dad anyways, so it's whatever to an extent. I was just more pissed that he pulled some crap like that and on top of it kept part of the item, more than being mad about having to refund him.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I had something like that happen to me on ebay a few years back. They didn't end up winning but I went through a huge headache with it. I sold two new unused phones and about 20 days later I get an email from this guy saying that the phones were used and/or broken or something to that extent. All his emails were in caps and he typed like he was a child. I emailed ebay about it saying he was wrong, but I had no way to prove it. I dont think ebay ever emailed me back about it and the guy stopped sending all caps emails after about a months time and 15 emails.

And yeah, ebay's fees are absolutely horrible. I craigslist now.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
When does the white part of the tailight come on? I put it into R and reversed and only the red part came on.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 405 Likes on 282 Posts
wut
The following 3 users liked this post by Harper:
MC MiYoung3269 (06-05-2014), ssjoeboe9 (06-06-2014), xtcnrice (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Nvm stupid self installed both of my led reverse lights the wrong way.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:56 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

How do you install the led license plate lights? I was able to find the socket for the reverse lights, I saw another socket and pulled but it didn't come out.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 405 Likes on 282 Posts
I don't remember exactly but the cover/diffuser/whatever it's called just pops off giving you access to the bulbs.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by opboarding
I had something like that happen to me on ebay a few years back. They didn't end up winning but I went through a huge headache with it. I sold two new unused phones and about 20 days later I get an email from this guy saying that the phones were used and/or broken or something to that extent. All his emails were in caps and he typed like he was a child. I emailed ebay about it saying he was wrong, but I had no way to prove it. I dont think ebay ever emailed me back about it and the guy stopped sending all caps emails after about a months time and 15 emails.

Yeah i hate when that happens. eBay is full of retards who can't write a proper message. and fees suck.

Lately i've been selling on forums and it's been much better.

Originally Posted by VR1
How do you install the led license plate lights? I was able to find the socket for the reverse lights, I saw another socket and pulled but it didn't come out.
You need to take off the trunk liner. have fun with the bitch clips.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by opboarding

Lol what the hell? That's so pointless for him. Unless he opened up a case on PayPal it's almost pointless, so I guess you got lucky in that regard that he was an idiot.

And yeah tell me about it. Asking the buyer for a shipping fee? There's a fee for that! Someone sends money to your PayPal account? There's a fee for that! Where does it end with you people!

I would use Craigslist, but I don't trust some of those psychos in person. I read an article about some guy going to meet with some guy to buy and iPad or sell an iPad and they mugged him for his money (or iPad) AND killed him. Like that's just insane, it's not that serious. It's one think to mug someone and another to kill them over it.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Drifting

Received 1,000 Likes on 712 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
Have fun
http://imgur.com/a/KhMUR
The following 2 users liked this post by MC MiYoung3269:
rawger (06-05-2014), xtcnrice (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MC MiYoung3269
Jk, I'm retarded... Forgot I was holding the wheel for support and that locked it up
So the funny thing is this happened to me today too. Lol. I was going to drive my dad's RDX and his damn seat is so close to the wheel that my knee turned it, kinda heard a lock and the car wouldn't start, then I was like "ah, this is what he was talking about" lol.

Good looks, I need to do this too. Lol.

Where did you guys buy the lights from?
Old 06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ginobiliiiiiii!
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

xtcnrice, I was trying to see how exactly Griot's Garage warranty works and this was on there website.

At Griot's Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don't like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you're covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn't cover abuse... But you already knew that.
Customers for life. That's our guarantee.
Kind of iffy. I'm not sure how they determine whether it's a defect or normal use that broke the machine.

Last edited by rawger; 06-05-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
I followed one of your comments from way back (it was instructions basically) and it helped a whole lot

Basically take out a few bitch clips, pull down a bit on the trunk carpet lining, push on the clips hold the bulbs to take them out, replace the lights, then put it all back together.

FYI VR1, if you haven't already done it yet, make sure your lights are off before you try and take the lights out, or you're gonna burn your fingers

Also, make sure you test the new lights before putting everything back together!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:34 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by rawger
So the funny thing is this happened to me today too. Lol. I was going to drive my dad's RDX and his damn seat is so close to the wheel that my knee turned it, kinda heard a lock and the car wouldn't start, then I was like "ah, this is what he was talking about" lol.

Good looks, I need to do this too. Lol.

Where did you guys buy the lights from?
Simon hooked me up with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121182445677...84.m1439.l2649

They're $1 with nothing to lose. And they actually arrived way sooner than expected, considering how it's from China (took like less than 2 weeks)!

They look great on my car... I haven't taken any pics of her yet though cuz I wanna get the polish in first
MC MiYoung3269 (06-06-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 09:37 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

xtcnrice, I was trying to see how exactly Griot's Garage warranty works and this was on there website.

Kind of iffy. I'm not sure how they determine whether it's a defect or normal use that broke the machine.
Hmm.... well, I'm pretty sure both the GG and the PC are very reliable products. If the GG malfunctions I think they'd grant the warranty claim anyway to keep the buyer happy.

If you're skeptical and wanna save a few bucks, you can opt for the PC instead
Old 06-05-2014, 10:26 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

my car is soo much more fun with the progress bar, tune and new tires. I never realized how much the shit stockies hold you back.

I've even got the back to come out a few times with my bar set on the stiffest setting.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Looks like the Heat can't handle the heat.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:51 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

You need to take off the trunk liner. have fun with the bitch clips.
lol, the majority of the top part of the clip went straight below the fingernail of my thumb. It's pretty loose so I'm probably gonna have to get the entire fingernail removed. Already happened to me once, not looking forward to it again. Posted a pic on my IG.

I think I actually like those ambered colored ones now. How did you remove the gray part that holds the bulb? Just twist and it comes off? Or pull? Thanks.

I followed one of your comments from way back (it was instructions basically) and it helped a whole lot

Basically take out a few bitch clips, pull down a bit on the trunk carpet lining, push on the clips hold the bulbs to take them out, replace the lights, then put it all back together.

FYI VR1, if you haven't already done it yet, make sure your lights are off before you try and take the lights out, or you're gonna burn your fingers

Also, make sure you test the new lights before putting everything back together!
Ha, learned that the hard way after I replaced both of the reverse lights, then putting everything back and having to do it all again lol.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

^^ lol i saw the pic.

use a flathead next time lmfao.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

only i would get f****d up a a f*****g plastic screw.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Simon hooked me up with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121182445677...84.m1439.l2649

They're $1 with nothing to lose. And they actually arrived way sooner than expected, considering how it's from China (took like less than 2 weeks)!

They look great on my car... I haven't taken any pics of her yet though cuz I wanna get the polish in first
Come on man, I'm not that cheap! Lol. I just want one that's reliable and will last. Someone said Sylvania was like $7.

Hmm.... well, I'm pretty sure both the GG and the PC are very reliable products. If the GG malfunctions I think they'd grant the warranty claim anyway to keep the buyer happy.

If you're skeptical and wanna save a few bucks, you can opt for the PC instead
Lol it's really not about the cost, I'm just curious how it works because I know these lifetime warranties usually have a catch. Sounds like Griots Garage will still work with you according to a guy on ebay. Said he bought a $100 carbon fiber frame that started to fade and bubble and they gave him a $70 certificate.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Come on man, I'm not that cheap! Lol. I just want one that's reliable and will last. Someone said Sylvania was like $7.

Lol it's really not about the cost, I'm just curious how it works because I know these lifetime warranties usually have a catch. Sounds like Griots Garage will still work with you according to a guy on ebay. Said he bought a $100 carbon fiber frame that started to fade and bubble and they gave him a $70 certificate.
Lol nah, I'm the cheap ass, not you!

Have you decided on which DA to get?

btw, SPURSSSSZZS
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by VR1
only i would get f****d up a a f*****g plastic screw.
lol 2 flat heads ftw
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

my car is soo much more fun with the progress bar, tune and new tires. I never realized how much the shit stockies hold you back.

I've even got the back to come out a few times with my bar set on the stiffest setting.
I feel the same after installing my TEINs and getting my Ventus V12s on. Car handles 100x better IMO. Most people say that if the car is on coils, a thicker RSB won't have much of an affect unless you track the thing. I'll definitely think about the Progress RSB if I ever decide on doing that. For now she handles the streets pretty damn well.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Lol nah, I'm the cheap ass, not you!

Have you decided on which DA to get?

btw, SPURSSSSZZS
Hahaha. We can share the title!

And I'm still locked onto that Griot's polisher. It still has 2 days left. Kind of the sucky part of an auction is the waiting game. If a PC pops up during that time I might go that way. It's almost a toss up.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

I feel the same after installing my TEINs and getting my Ventus V12s on. Car handles 100x better IMO. Most people say that if the car is on coils, a thicker RSB won't have much of an affect unless you track the thing. I'll definitely think about the Progress RSB if I ever decide on doing that. For now she handles the streets pretty damn well.

Yeah i love it. The front never breaks loose, and it always did on shitty stocks.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Drifting

Received 1,000 Likes on 712 Posts
Yeah i love it. The front never breaks loose, and it always did on shitty stocks.
When it rains.... I have fun with the shitty stocks.... 60mph burnout from a red light

Originally Posted by VR1
I think I actually like those ambered colored ones now. How did you remove the gray part that holds the bulb? Just twist and it comes off? Or pull? Thanks.
2G TSX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread-f5xee5sl.jpg
Pinch the two sides with the Illuminati shit on it in and pull it out the holder. If you look at it you'll get what I mean. Easier to get one side out then the other side.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:27 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Thanks simon! Finished the LED license plates.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
My firm must be doing alright these days. New car.

2G TSX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread-faiez90.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by opboarding:
MC MiYoung3269 (06-06-2014), VR1 (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

^baller
Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Dat C350!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:50 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Terribad photo of the map/dome/courtesy led lighting. Used the iphone 5 camera, forget it wasnt nearly as good as my HTC's.

Friday funday by simbachinna, on Flickr

Friday funday by simbachinna, on Flickr
xtcnrice (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

A lot of beautiful cars on your Flickr, VR1
Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

A lot of beautiful cars on your Flickr, VR1
Thanks! Living in Houston definitely has its perks. Car scene is ridiculous down here. Exotics & supercars are in abundance. Going to be seeing the new 918/P1/LaFerrari in 3 weeks.

Last edited by VR1; 06-06-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by VR1
Terribad photo of the map/dome/courtesy led lighting. Used the iphone 5 camera, forget it wasnt nearly as good as my HTC's.
Lol, you think your purple tint HTC camera is better than the iPhone camera?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like a shitty situation...

Tragedy struck after a woman in China accidentally dropped her phone into an open-pit style toilet.
As reported by the South China Morning Post, the incident took place in Xinxiang city, located in the Henan province. After the woman’s cellphone fell into the cesspool, her husband climbed into the open pit that was filled knee-deep with waste to try and retrieve the phone, which had an estimated value of 2,000 yuan ($319 U.S. dollars).
The man was overcome by fumes and fainted. This caused other relatives and neighbors to enter the pit to try and rescue the victims. In total, six people were pulled from the pit. Despite the victims being trapped in the toilet for no more than five minutes, medical care was delayed because an ambulance took over an hour to arrive, according to eyewitnesses.
So far, two victims have died, including the husband of the woman who lost the cellphone. That woman was placed in the intensive care unit. The doctor treating the victims say they suffered from suffocation.
There was no word on whether the phone was recovered.
- See more at: http://www.news965.com/news/news/wor....CbzkMI9s.dpuf
Old 06-06-2014, 10:14 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Lol, you think your purple tint HTC camera is better than the iPhone camera?
In the day time - not even a comparison.
In night - if you can focus on a light source, most of the purple tint is reduced/gone.

Quick Reply: 2G TSX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread