2012 tsx

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by kixo
Milano Red will be limited to the SE. It will also be available in black, white and the new silver.

I think PWP may be changing to Bellanova White, but I am not sure.
Correct, Milano Red is SE only, new Silver is "Silver Moon" and Bellanova replaces PWM
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 TSX is now up on the regular Acura site. Unfortunately, only one pic of the new Silver Moon color and it's not the greatest shot. Seems they kept the Forged Silver too but for the TSX & TL only.

The new red is only on the SE.

Tried to direct link the pic but it didn't work bc it's flash, but here's a hyperlink: http://www.acura.com/PhotoGallery.as...ideos#/image11
Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by Civic2TSX
2012 TSX is now up on the regular Acura site. Unfortunately, only one pic of the new Silver Moon color and it's not the greatest shot. Seems they kept the Forged Silver too but for the TSX & TL only.

The new red is only on the SE.

Tried to direct link the pic but it didn't work bc it's flash, but here's a hyperlink: http://www.acura.com/PhotoGallery.as...ideos#/image11
Thanks for the link. Tried to build my own and they dont even have a selection for the 6spd yet. That just have base and tech for both 4cy and v6.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
eh, if you go to build your TSX, you can see the Silver Moon car in its entirety.

nothing special, just another silver car.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Lightbulb Prices

Honda's Acura is boosting the price of its 2012 TSX sports sedan and Sport Wagon by $200 across the lineup. The near-luxury brand is also adding a sport edition.

The latest TSX sports sedan will start at $29,810.

"With a sub-$30,000 starting point, the Acura TSX represents a great value for customers entering the luxury market,"
said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales.

The 2012 TSX Special Edition package will include features like a more aggressive front spoiler, rear bumper fascia and side sills. There will be 5-spoke aluminum wheels with a dark gray finish and a "Special Edition" badge on the trunklid.

Inside, the TSX Special Edition will have perforated black fake suede inserts and red backing, with red stitching and red lighting inside as well. It will come with a 6-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission. The price is $30,810.

The TSX V-6 is priced at $35,350. The TSX Sport Wagon starts at $31,160 and an available Technology Package is priced at $3,650, including a power rear tailgate. Destination and Handling charges for all TSX models are unchanged at $885.

The TSX and TSX Sport Wagon go on sale today with the new Special Edition model available at the end of the month.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't believe they are charging $1K for the SE as it doesn't add any additional features to the standard model.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:40 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any idea if Canada will have the 2012 Special Edition Package?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS
I can't believe they are charging $1K for the SE as it doesn't add any additional features to the standard model.
its got aluminum fucking pedals man

aluminum.

pedals.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 PM
David_Dude

Yeah I know, but I'd take the SE w/ a 6spd over the base anyday.

Originally Posted by KillerG
its got aluminum fucking pedals man

aluminum.

pedals.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
it actually makes sense, the total cost of adding the front lip, side sills, and rear bumper to a standard model TSX will be more than $1000 anyways.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Yeah I know, but I'd take the SE w/ a 6spd over the base anyday.

You can only order 6MT on the SE, looks like it's not available in Base or Tech trim for 2012.

The SE, in addition to aluminum pedals, has red ambient lights as well as black headliners. Also faux suede with red inserts and grey color wheels.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Suzuka Master

We were talking today that the addition the Sub-TSX might be the reason the Acura decided to drop the 6-speed manual + Tech in the TSX SE.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:14 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
You can only order 6MT on the SE, looks like it's not available in Base or Tech trim for 2012.

The SE, in addition to aluminum pedals, has red ambient lights as well as black headliners. Also faux suede with red inserts and grey color wheels.
Yeah I figured so.

Originally Posted by Colin
We were talking today that the addition the Sub-TSX might be the reason the Acura decided to drop the 6-speed manual + Tech in the TSX SE.
That actually makes sense too. I still can't believe they dropped the tech pkg for the 6 spd.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Suzuka Master

That actually makes sense too. I still can't believe they dropped the tech pkg for the 6 spd.
I wonder how many people this actually affects? Manuals typically run between 5-10% of total TSX production and typically it's split 60/40; base/tech. I'd imagine we're looking at ~900-1500 units per year. Divide this by 12 months and you're at 75-125 per month. Divide this into 270 dealers and you're talking ~1 car per dealer every quarter (obviously bigger dealers get more) but you get the idea. It kinda sucks, but I can see both sides of this decision.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
David_Dude

I wonder how many people this actually affects? Manuals typically run between 5-10% of total TSX production and typically it's split 60/40; base/tech. I'd imagine we're looking at ~900-1500 units per year. Divide this by 12 months and you're at 75-125 per month. Divide this into 270 dealers and you're talking ~1 car per dealer every quarter (obviously bigger dealers get more) but you get the idea. It kinda sucks, but I can see both sides of this decision.
Yeah i can too. I've always wanted a 6spd TSX. I'll definitely settle for the SE.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by adidascap
any idea if Canada will have the 2012 Special Edition Package?
Talked to the dealer early in the week, Canada will not get the SE model. If there's any conciliation on our part of the world is that we can still order 6MT in Base (cloth seat/no HID or fog light) and Premium (same as US base) model. Tech model is available only with 5AT same as US.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really????

I got to say how totally disappointed I am at Acura's decision to limit the 6MT in the TSX to a vehicle without the Tech package . . . I am one of those "rare" tsx drivers that has the 6MT & tech package ('09 Black/Ebony) and have seriously enjoyed every mile I have put on the car . . .Love the manual and the tech package (with the stereo upgrade and best Navi out there) and wouldn't want it any other way (except maybe the advanced package option from the TL being available on the TSX) . . .Now my lease is up in December and the only way I can now get an acura with the 6 speed and Tech is with the TL-SHAWD (talk about a rare bird) . . . .Whoever is making the decisions at acura have their heads up their collective asses . . .I have owned two TSX's (the above '09 and an '05) . . . and my days with acura may be coming to an end . . .And it was one of the smoothest manuals I have driven in my almost 45 years . . . BASTARDS . . . . Sorry . . .Just had to vent . . . .
Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

^Agreed with you. However, at the end of the day, it's still a business. If only a handful of people are willing or able to buy a 6MT model, it doesn't make economic sense for them. Hopefully they will at least introduce a 6AT sometime soon for the TSX.

Interesting point, I looked around my neighbourhood, with 30 or so household, only two other has manual transmission vehicle and all the owners (including myself) are over 35 yrs of age.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
At 43 (now 44), my 06 Alti SE-R was MT, my 07 Si was MT, the white car is an MT, and the 09 TSX MT, the sales people and my friends look at me like I have a foot growing out of my forehead when they see these kinds of cars with a manual.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
At 43 (now 44), my 06 Alti SE-R was MT, my 07 Si was MT, the white car is an MT, and the 09 TSX MT, the sales people and my friends look at me like I have a foot growing out of my forehead when they see these kinds of cars with a manual.
As your elder-the majority of vehicles my husband and I have owned/own had/have manual transmission.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by quint001
. . . I am one of those "rare" tsx drivers that has the 6MT & tech package ('09 Black/Ebony) and have seriously enjoyed every mile I have put on the car . . .. . .
Yup, I have one of these clients myself, she's probably going to move to a TL Tech auto.

Interesting point, I looked around my neighbourhood, with 30 or so household, only two other has manual transmission vehicle and all the owners (including myself) are over 35 yrs of age.
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
As your elder-the majority of vehicles my husband and I have owned/own had/have manual transmission.
Same for us! We're both getting closer to 50 than we prefer, and have been driving MTs for the last 30+ years. I can say that the number of 'kids' in our showroom looking for manuals are few and far between. This might be due to the entry level price for Acura's these days vs. the old Integra days, but I'm thinking that manuals are trending down for the next generation. Maybe it's because F1 and Indycar no longer shift gears? Maybe it's because there are no stick shifts on a Playstation?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
^Agreed with you. However, at the end of the day, it's still a business. If only a handful of people are willing or able to buy a 6MT model, it doesn't make economic sense for them. Hopefully they will at least introduce a 6AT sometime soon for the TSX.

Yup, I have one of these clients myself, she's probably going to move to a TL Tech auto.

Same for us! We're both getting closer to 50 than we prefer, and have been driving MTs for the last 30+ years. I can say that the number of 'kids' in our showroom looking for manuals are few and far between. This might be due to the entry level price for Acura's these days vs. the old Integra days, but I'm thinking that manuals are trending down for the next generation. Maybe it's because F1 and Indycar no longer shift gears? Maybe it's because there are no stick shifts on a Playstation?
You guys are the coolest! I've always loved manuals but never actually owned one. And I agree it's not common at all for someone to actually know how to drive a stick. The positive to that is, if I ever land my hands on a TSX-SE, I don't have to worry about anyone asking to drive it. I also think it's due to laziness. I know many people who could care less to row their own gears BECAUSE it's too much work. LAZY... And since many people don't buy manuals, it's not cost-effective for manufacturers.

I know plenty of people from the previous generations (like parents an grandparents) who grew up learning how to row it. My generation...? A manual... what? lol I have just a few handful of friends who knows how to drive a stick like me, or actually owns one.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Suzuka Master

You guys are the coolest! I've always loved manuals but never actually owned one. And I agree it's not common at all for someone to actually know how to drive a stick. The positive to that is, if I ever land my hands on a TSX-SE, I don't have to worry about anyone asking to drive it. I also think it's due to laziness. I know many people who could care less to row their own gears BECAUSE it's too much work. LAZY... And since many people don't buy manuals, it's not cost-effective for manufacturers.
Ha Ha, your contributions keep this from being a "kids these days...." type of post. Seriously, I think that there are so few sticks out there that many in the next generation don't have a chance to learn cause nobody in the family has one.

The most common reason for NOT getting a stick is traffic. Interestingly, I blame the worst of the traffic on people who drive automatics. Why do so many automatic transmission drivers pull up to a line of cars at a traffic light and stop 20 feet from the car in front of you? ...And then proceed to move forward 2 feet every 5 seconds till the light changes? Does it make you feel like you're really going somewhere? I bet that if you were driving a stick, you'd come to a stop and STAY there till it's time to move again.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Ha Ha, your contributions keep this from being a "kids these days...." type of post. Seriously, I think that there are so few sticks out there that many in the next generation don't have a chance to learn cause nobody in the family has one.

The most common reason for NOT getting a stick is traffic. Interestingly, I blame the worst of the traffic on people who drive automatics. Why do so many automatic transmission drivers pull up to a line of cars at a traffic light and stop 20 feet from the car in front of you? ...And then proceed to move forward 2 feet every 5 seconds till the light changes? Does it make you feel like you're really going somewhere? I bet that if you were driving a stick, you'd come to a stop and STAY there till it's time to move again.

:P
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM
David_Dude

I actually do this, but its not a like you mentioned. I'll keep a reasonable space behind the person (in case im hit from behind) usually I'm just 3-5 ft from behind, and I may creep a bit. But I have seen people have enough space in between them and the car in front of them to actually fit at least 2 cars in the space and will move every few seconds until the light changes OR they're to close. I'm behind them making this face ---> "Are you serious...?" lol

And I really like this forum, everyone gets along and have all this knowledge to bring to the table. I'm young, but I've always been taugh "Kids were to be seen, not heard." My parents are a little older than you are and they're old school. I've got too many friends that have kids that they're parents are taking care of for them or are just plain ungrateful and mistreat their parents. A big no no.

S40Driver, ive seen that on insideline. Mini is advertising on saving the manuals. I like it. Maybe other manufacturers will follow suit and actually spend some fund on actually improving the manual trannies like they have the automatic and it's different variations.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:48 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
dude s40 driver, very interesting post haha

to be honest, the reason i do not have a stick:

1. no one in my family knows how to drive one
2. i was NOT into cars at all untill i got my own first car, now i LOVEE cars.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Advanced

The first time I drove stick was in hgh school when my friend let me drive his car (an old carolla). It must have had one of the most forgiving clutches as I only stalled it once driving around a hilly neighborhood. With out that experience I wouldnt have had access to a manual car. I would have loved to buy one, butnever had the opportunity to do so(my doublecab tacoma only came in auto when I was buying it).

Before I bought tsx wagon, I was really considering a wrx or a Mazda speed3. But the two deciding factors was space and my wife can't drive stick. I'm still glad I got my wagon, but a part of me regretts not getting one of the "fun" cars.. though now that I'm getting closer to my mid thirties and typically keep my cars for 8+ years... I'd be a 40+ year old in a boy racer car dropping my kid off at school...(lol no offense to those of u who may fall into that category, but being that we're in the tsx forum I think that shouldnt be a problem...)

Luckily the wagon handles pretty decently and is peppy enough to be an enjoyable drive...
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm 25 and have fairly consistently owned one vehicle with manual tranny at a given time. I'll be selling what is likely the last that I'll own this morning as I bid my 08' Ford Ranger farewell. Why the switch? Too much traffic and the better half doesn't want to learn anyhow... I don't especially get a thrill out of driiving stick over an automatic it has just always been the cheaper option. I doubt I'll miss it.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 162 Likes on 133 Posts
I was 15 and had my first car (Mitsubishi Starion turbo) before I even had my license. I taught myself how to drive a stick in my driveway; then taught my brother and maybe 5 cousins on that car.

My tsx....auto...why?....it's the family mobile so in case my wife needs it, she can use it.

My bmw.....manual..
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

^Luckily, my wife can drive a stick which is a big plus. That opens up a great deal of possibilities and choices when acquiring a vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
nj2pa2nc (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ed_423
dude s40 driver, very interesting post haha

to be honest, the reason i do not have a stick:

1. no one in my family knows how to drive one
2. i was NOT into cars at all untill i got my own first car, now i LOVEE cars.
The truth is you're part of the 95% crowd and not the 5% crowd. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with people buying automatics, you are after all, 95% of our customer base. However, the following "mini rant" is directed to the people on various websites who bitch and moan that Acura doesn't offer manuals in more cars. To put it bluntly, if you are driving an automatic while complaining about a lack of manuals you could be part of the problem!

Oh, there are always excuses but let me say that Honolulu has some of the worst traffic in the country, my knees hurt from pressing the clutch to, my wife (then girlfriend) didn't know how to drive a stick but I taught her, nobody in the family had a manual for me to learn on but I found somebody to teach me. So yeah, after 30 years I still drive a manual transmission.
Originally Posted by cisobe
Before I bought tsx wagon, I was really considering a wrx or a Mazda speed3... I'd be a 40+ year old in a boy racer car dropping my kid off at school...(lol no offense to those of u who may fall into that category, but being that we're in the tsx forum I think that shouldnt be a problem...)

Luckily the wagon handles pretty decently and is peppy enough to be an enjoyable drive...
How is it going? Glad to see you posting here. I have a quick question, have you noticed a slight rattling coming from the glove box? I just sold another TSX wagon (first one we've had in about four months) and my client is commenting on a slight ticking noise coming from the glove box.

Of course we are biased but I do believe that the TSX Wagon combines a number of attributes into a very good vehicle that is better than the sum of its parts. How are you doing on fuel economy? I'm not sure if you and your wife drive a similar route, but I'd be interested to know how it compares to the CX-5?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Suzuka Master

^Luckily, my wife can drive a stick which is a big plus. That opens up a great deal of possibilities and choices when acquiring a vehicle.
Same here, my wife has been driving stick since 1988 and has no desire to change! She used to get amazed stares when we each had our S2000s
The following users liked this post:
nj2pa2nc (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a stick with tech as well - a 2011. This will be my last Acura. I have no interest in the TL and even if I did, I'd bet a year's pay that a stick with tech won't be offered in that model anymore by the time my lease is up in 2014. Looks like I'll be heading over to the Germans next time around. You can count on the Europeans to always offer sports sedans with manuals. They are prevelant across the pond because they are a culture that's all about the fun of driving, whereas cars are little more than transportation appliances in American culture. Even Ford builds their many of their best cars abroad and witholds them from North America because they wouldn't be appreciated here in sufficent numbers.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Advanced

The truth is you're part of the 95% crowd and not the 5% crowd. Honestly, I don't really have a problem with people buying automatics, you are after all, 95% of our customer base. However, the following "mini rant" is directed to the people on various websites who bitch and moan that Acura doesn't offer manuals in more cars. To put it bluntly, if you are driving an automatic while complaining about a lack of manuals you could be part of the problem!

Oh, there are always excuses but let me say that Honolulu has some of the worst traffic in the country, my knees hurt from pressing the clutch to, my wife (then girlfriend) didn't know how to drive a stick but I taught her, nobody in the family had a manual for me to learn on but I found somebody to teach me. So yeah, after 30 years I still drive a manual transmission.
How is it going? Glad to see you posting here. I have a quick question, have you noticed a slight rattling coming from the glove box? I just sold another TSX wagon (first one we've had in about four months) and my client is commenting on a slight ticking noise coming from the glove box.

Of course we are biased but I do believe that the TSX Wagon combines a number of attributes into a very good vehicle that is better than the sum of its parts. How are you doing on fuel economy? I'm not sure if you and your wife drive a similar route, but I'd be interested to know how it compares to the CX-5?
Hi Colin, I haven't noticed any rattling in my wagon. Actually, the only rattling I heard was when I put my sunglasses in the sunglasses storage in the ceiling, and was driving on some bumpy roads (i have my soft case up there now, and just slip my sunglasses in there and have no problems now). Besides that, the car has been rock solid.

Fuel economy has been averaging about 25mpg +/- (calculated by me, not the car... the car computer is ~1mpg higher). On a good tank I got it up to about 28mpg, but that was a lot of highway driving... The wagon primarily driven on the weekend...

Our CX-7 averages 19-21mpg (19 when i drive, 21ish when my wife drives), so I'm pretty impressed with the mileage we get with it. We previously looked at the RDX, but decided to get the CX-7 instead... From what I've been reading, most people have been averaging ~17mpg with the RDX...

Just curious, was the client you sold the last wagon to a doctor? My wife's friend just bought one a month or so ago...
Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I may have to think about waiting for the Milano SE if we cannot find the White/Ebony for my wife.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
For those of you working at a dealer, are wagons and MT cars limited like PWP color used to be (maybe still is)? My experience was that 6MT's weren't limited by the dealer ordering system but by manager fear of getting it sold before becoming an old unit. Same thing with Camel interior
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PPower
For those of you working at a dealer, are wagons and MT cars limited like PWP color used to be (maybe still is)? My experience was that 6MT's weren't limited by the dealer ordering system but by manager fear of getting it sold before becoming an old unit. Same thing with Camel interior
Acura is limiting the 6MT to certain colors. BUT this is (I think) different than what you're asking. There are sometimes ordering constraints placed based on what their production plans are. Sometimes these are based on things like a shortage of white pigment following the earthquake. At other times, Acura will place constraints on the number of MTs we can order, usually as a percentage of our earned allocation. However, there is no ONE answer to your question since these constraints change with every monthly order. Sometimes there are no constraints at all (beyond the fixed allocation amount).
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks. That basically answers my question. I remember having totals for allocation number and a percentage limitation of 20%-ish for PWP, but nothing of 6MT, nav/tech, MDX trim 182/6/7/9. I believe that my assumption of MT, and wagon production for that matter, is based a bit more on dealers ordering than public's willingness to buy them. If you discount automatics steeply but want top dollar from the MT, the dealer is skewing the numbers from what could be.

As for the SE not having nav, it makes no sense. How many Civic Si have navigation? In the TL, the 6MT only comes WITH nav. Why? Because they know that buyers who want the 6MT also will want the nav. I do believe that the SE is 4cyl instead of V6 because the next sedan being Civic based. The tie to the RSX is already the red ambient lighting.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PPower
I believe that my assumption of MT, and wagon production for that matter, is based a bit more on dealers ordering than public's willingness to buy them.
I don't think so. Acura is making 4000 wagons because that is what their line can handle at this time. I know that if necessary, they could squeeze more out, but they would have to have enough orders for it to make sense. With manuals, the ratio has dropped off over the years, but the reality is that it's never been more that 10% on the TSX, even G1. If we're allocated 12 cars and only 10% can be manuals, that's 1-2 cars. As long as we don't have requests for other cars, we usually use our allocation. However, if we've got 4-5 manuals on hand, we might skip ordering more. I love manuals but most customers don't care anymore.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
As one of the younger guys on this forum, I can actually drive stick, I learned how to drive in a 1994 Honda Accord EX-R coupe, I do see less and less manuals out on the road these days. I actually like rowing up and down the gears, makes the drive more engaging because automatic is just so goddamn boring. Sadly the TSX is an automatic, next car will hopefully be stick

Quick Reply: 2012 tsx