CD player won't eject

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD player won't eject

Hey,
I've got an '03 TL-S with 54K. I purchased it somewhat recently, and it's Acura certified. I got a new CD over the weekend, and when I went to eject one of the CD's, the player acted like it was ignoring me. It didn't make a sound like it was ejecting, or anything, it just kept playing the CD like I never pressed the button.
I'm taking my car in to the dealer to get a couple of minor things checked out, and I called and asked to have this added to the list, but the service guy told me that because I have a burned CD in the player, that it will not be covered by the warranty, and could add up to several hundred dollars, and I may have to purchase a new HU, out of pocket. The radio and CD changer are specifically covered under the Acura certification, so I don't think this is accurate.
Anyway, they're advising me to "do something to get the CD's out on my own" so I don't encounter a repair bill. I don't feel comfortable doing this, mostly because if I go sticking stuff into the changer to try to get a CD out, I'm quite sure that THAT would void my warranty, and also because I feel like if a car is under warranty, I shouldn't be expected to mess with electronic stuff that's supposedly covered anyway...
Finally, on to my question: Does anyone know if having a burned CD in the car will void my warranty, and if so, what are my options?
Thanks,
Jason
Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try to remove one of the other 5 CD to see if it will eject...... if yes then try to eject the burned one to see if it will eject ....some time the burned CD will ejected but get stucked
at the medium of the feader ...just vibrate it a bit and pull it out .....
Burned CD stucked = may have label that make it thicker the spec....
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Cruisin'

none of them will eject.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you say before you introduce the burned CD in to the unit everything is fine ? .....
If yes then maybe try to pull the radio fuse for 10 second to reste the unit .......
Oh and remember to check if you have the Radio Code ....Ok
Old 11-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Cruisin'

Nope, that didn't work, so it's at the dealer now getting fixed, along with the brakes. At least they gave me an '07 TL to drive in the meantime.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

The stock HU doesn't like burnable media, especially the light scribe CDs - use the thinnest nominal thickness you can.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rackster
The stock HU doesn't like burnable media, especially the light scribe CDs - use the thinnest nominal thickness you can.

I have the same problem with burned CDs in my 03 TL-S, as I put labels on them. I keep a pair of tweezers in the glove box that I use to grab those burned CDs when I press eject. If I don't time it just right, the CD goes back in the HU, and an error displays. Can't play any CDs at that point - only the radio.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jason0617
Hey,
I've got an '03 TL-S with 54K. I purchased it somewhat recently, and it's Acura certified. I got a new CD over the weekend, and when I went to eject one of the CD's, the player acted like it was ignoring me. It didn't make a sound like it was ejecting, or anything, it just kept playing the CD like I never pressed the button.
I'm taking my car in to the dealer to get a couple of minor things checked out, and I called and asked to have this added to the list, but the service guy told me that because I have a burned CD in the player, that it will not be covered by the warranty, and could add up to several hundred dollars, and I may have to purchase a new HU, out of pocket. The radio and CD changer are specifically covered under the Acura certification, so I don't think this is accurate.
Anyway, they're advising me to "do something to get the CD's out on my own" so I don't encounter a repair bill. I don't feel comfortable doing this, mostly because if I go sticking stuff into the changer to try to get a CD out, I'm quite sure that THAT would void my warranty, and also because I feel like if a car is under warranty, I shouldn't be expected to mess with electronic stuff that's supposedly covered anyway...
Finally, on to my question: Does anyone know if having a burned CD in the car will void my warranty, and if so, what are my options?
Thanks,
Jason
Mine did that once and i disconnected the battry and puched in the code for the radio and that fixed my problem. It wouldn't reconize the 6 cd one day and when i shut off the car and started it worked...GO figure LOL but it hasn't happened since
Old 12-19-2006, 05:34 AM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm weird.. i don't have any problems with burned cds in my tl-s
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Advanced

I had that issue with my original factory HU, inconsistantcy with cd's not ejecting, then ejecting. So...I brought the cd player in and they fixed it by replacing the unit with a new one. They didnt give me any crap either considering I had 4 of the 6 cd's were burned cd's. They mailed the cd's back to me a few weeks later. I have only had the problem with my new cd player once and it was because of a burned cd that had a label on it.
Oh and if you have the accent trim on the cd player (fake wood trim), and they replace your HU they wont put the trim back on.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
This is really weird. I've been using the same brand burned cd's for years, and now ONE of them is giving me serious issues. I had that instance where it'd jam sometimes and not others, but my dumb a** accidently put it back in there today, and now its consistently jamming and throwing Er-E1.