brake pads and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake pads and rotors

I want to upgrade my rotors and of course the pads. Has anyone changed to any aftermarket upgrades such as cross driiled or slotted rotors. and what would you recommend?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:24 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
i got ebc dimpled and slotted rotors up front with hawk performance street pads. its stops nicely and quickly. rears are stock
Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Honda Nation

Yeah mine are pretty much done in the front. The back ones just got replaced and I was thinking something a little nicer in the front!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Something is missing...my

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RacingBrake has great quality rotors too. Depends on your budget. Do you want an inexpensive rotor, or do you want to pay a bit more for quality? I love my rotors, RacingBrake 2piece front, stoptech rear (both slotted). I am very heavy on the brakes and the rotors have held up better than any I have had before.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Instructor

I just replaced my front pads/rotors. I decided against going the high performance route, but that is a personal decision. I did not want to chance noisy brakes (HATE noisy brakes) so I opted for the Brembo replacement rotors and Akebono ProAct ceramic pads from tirerack.com. Total price with shipping was $220, I believe. Do a search on the forum and you'll find dozens of threads on rotor/pad recommendations.

I've only had mine on for a week or so, and the braking is as good (feels a bit better, but hard to really tell) as the stock rotors/pads and just as quiet. I'm just glad to not have my watch nearly fly off every time I brake from over 45+ mph. I'm hoping these rotors are more resistant to warping than the stock rotors.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

There are so many to choose from online from inexpensive rotors to your top of the line like brembo. Im just curious how well the aftermarket inexpensive rotors will last versus the stock replacement? I found so many packages through ebay and other online sources that start at around 200.00 front pads and rotors. Has anyone went with an inexpensive package?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:41 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
There are hundreds, if not thousands of threads on this very topic - many people have gone the cheap route, ebay route, and performance route. Use the search button to find iout yourself (and learn something else in the process) instead of relying on other people to educate you.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by sturgeongeorge
There are so many to choose from online from inexpensive rotors to your top of the line like brembo. Im just curious how well the aftermarket inexpensive rotors will last versus the stock replacement? I found so many packages through ebay and other online sources that start at around 200.00 front pads and rotors. Has anyone went with an inexpensive package?
Use the search button. Its been discussed thousands of times. If its a quality rotor it will far outlast teh OEM setup.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by bibledriver
RacingBrake has great quality rotors too. Depends on your budget. Do you want an inexpensive rotor, or do you want to pay a bit more for quality? I love my rotors, RacingBrake 2piece front, stoptech rear (both slotted). I am very heavy on the brakes and the rotors have held up better than any I have had before.
+1

Just did the '02 TL-S with:

- Racing brake 1-Peice Slotted Fornts
- StopTech Slotted OE Replacment Rears
- Racing Brake ET500 Pads all around
- Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Lines

GREAT!! Setup. Contact Mr. HeelToe (Marcus). At heeltoeauto.com you can do a "Build Your Own Brakes" deal for pricing. "acurazinerocks" should get you a discount on checkout.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FirePR2002
There are hundreds, if not thousands of threads on this very topic - many people have gone the cheap route, ebay route, and performance route. Use the search button to find iout yourself (and learn something else in the process) instead of relying on other people to educate you.
thanks to the cats that had helpful input on this topic. For those who left the smart remark as sh_t I dont need your help or advise quit wasting your time typing the b.s. and for 411 I been in the automotive parts industry for over 12 years and I just purchased my TL and I just wanted some feedback from some other TL owners.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Instructor

thanks to the cats that had helpful input on this topic. For those who left the smart remark as sh_t I dont need your help or advise quit wasting your time typing the b.s. and for 411 I been in the automotive parts industry for over 12 years and I just purchased my TL and I just wanted some feedback from some other TL owners.
The posts recommending a search could have been a bit more tactful, but their advice would lead you to hours of reading about which pads/rotors are recommended/used by board members. Given that you just bought a TL, you will likely find this board to be a tremendous resource to help you with issues/questions, so you may want to avoid lashing out when people suggest you search.

BTW, I also found it useful to check the brake pad/rotor combo reviews at tirerack.com, though they don't offer some of the more popular brands used by folks on this board.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
My point is the search button would have helped you with that. Wanting everyone to educate you is lazy and not what this forum is about - otherwise we would have a million threads (instead of just a thousand) with questions like yours. Be proactive and research before you post another duplicate thread is all I'm suggesting because you will learn something else while reading through other member's comments.

And relax, dude - this is the internet - no need to prove the size of your balls - we just don't care.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Intermediate

hey dog I see what you mean about the search button. Im just new to the site and didnt really browse around the site before I posted my thread. Not trying to prove anything just thought your post was a little sarcastic but its all good. Thanks for schooling me on the search button. From looking through these threads for most of the evening I see there are a few sarcastic posts to all acura owners.