Alarm system is going to drive me nuts

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Alarm system is going to drive me nuts

Ok can someone help me fix or just tell me where the Alarm connection is so I can disconnect it? Basically I have noticed now I click the lock button once, the car locks all doors.

I click the lock button again and it doesn't make the "beep" sound to insure me all doors are locked. That's one thing it started to do since the alarm went off for no reason.

My problem is it's been like this for 2-3 weeks, the alarm would randomly go off. It pissed me off the most last night at 4am it freaking went off, my whole family woke up. I went outside UNLOCKED the car and went back to bed. 5mins later it goes off again lol. So I went INSIDE the car and started it then turned it off and left the keys in the ignition, that solved the problem.

I don't need the cheap ass alarm system anyways can someone tell me where it's located so I can just disconnect the SOB. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Getting it Done

Nvm about this, I decided to look around a bit on Google cus I didn't find anything on AcuraZine and a possible solution which I think it is, the HOOD of the car isn't closing properly so once the car is locked it thinks that someone is trying to open the hood and the alarm goes off, so now I have to take the hood off and make sure every little things closes properly as it's supposed to.

In a way I'm happy it's this because my good isn't put on properly and it pisses me off looking at it. Now I can finally have a reason other then the look of it to get it fixed =).
Old 09-03-2009, 03:20 PM
2006 NBP TL MT6/ 02TL-S

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Soo...you had your car parked outside at night and locked up, but the alarm keep going off. So to solve this problem, you left it parked outside, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition for the rest of the night....

I might have just disconnected the battery, but that's just me

Seriously, I've never even heard my alarm go off. What is the alarm-the horn honking?? Or some other sound or siren, etc?

Short of prying open a door, what does it take to set the alarm off??
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Getting it Done

Originally Posted by AlanW
Soo...you had your car parked outside at night and locked up, but the alarm keep going off. So to solve this problem, you left it parked outside, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition for the rest of the night....

I might have just disconnected the battery, but that's just me

Seriously, I've never even heard my alarm go off. What is the alarm-the horn honking?? Or some other sound or siren, etc?

Short of prying open a door, what does it take to set the alarm off??
Opening the door when it's locked by reaching your hand in when the car is locked and the windows are down.

I didn't leave the car running, you have to realize this was 4am, I had no light at all and my hood isn't aligned right so to disconnect my battery I would have to turn on all the lights, open the hood, disconnect it and then leave the hood not fully closed because it takes forever to close

Also like I said what causes this is the good isn't aligned and some part of it didn't go into the hole it was made to go in and one of the parts has a censor, so the alarm went off (honking sound with the headlights flashing) the censor though someone is trying to open the hood while the car is locked. I'm going to try to fix it today.

Also I wasn't worried about it being broken into and anything stolen, my neighbor is more middle class, so my car is not the best on the block, we have alot of Mercedes and stuff trust me I can leave my car door open with the keys, most likely someone would just close my door verses taking anything out lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had this same issue, i finally bought the repair manual from acura. looked into it for months, and there are sensors in each door, the trunk and the hood, if any of those sensors is mis-aligned then this can happen. There are two wires going to your hood switch. cut them and crimp them together. The alarm system see's the hood as being open and will not arm the system. But it will let you lock and unlock your doors, retain your memory seats and use your acura key fob like normal.
oh and the little blinky light on your door panel wont blink anymore.
you could try cleaning the hood switch that has worked for some people, and you could spend a few hundred dollars replacing sensors, or having a dealership test each system. you can also buy the reapir manual and try to figure the whols sytem out, this was the quickest way for me and its never given me a problem since i did it 6 months ago.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Getting it Done

Originally Posted by TOTAL~LUSH
i had this same issue, i finally bought the repair manual from acura. looked into it for months, and there are sensors in each door, the trunk and the hood, if any of those sensors is mis-aligned then this can happen. There are two wires going to your hood switch. cut them and crimp them together. The alarm system see's the hood as being open and will not arm the system. But it will let you lock and unlock your doors, retain your memory seats and use your acura key fob like normal.
oh and the little blinky light on your door panel wont blink anymore.
you could try cleaning the hood switch that has worked for some people, and you could spend a few hundred dollars replacing sensors, or having a dealership test each system. you can also buy the reapir manual and try to figure the whols sytem out, this was the quickest way for me and its never given me a problem since i did it 6 months ago.
Thanks man! It's been a while since I have locked the TL and sometimes I go into the ghetto part of Cleveland and feel pretty uneasy with my navi inside. I would rather not have alarm to me it's pointless. If someone breaks something it'll sound but they'll still take the shit and run... always do lol.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was doing the same thing. One night i had it well not exactly broke into but someone went through my car messed everything up and stole the remote for my pioneer headunit. (lol) pulled back the center console panel and tried to take my cd deck but realized it was a lost cause. Didnt take my oakley sunglasses in the overhead glasses holder, and missed my ipod touch in the slot under my cd deck. but that interior panel cost around 130 to replace it.