ac turns off after 1 hour of driving?!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ac turns off after 1 hour of driving?!!

hey what's up guys? I recently posted the issue I was having with my ac system a few days ago. The a/c would not blow any air out and all of a sudden it began working again.

I had to go on a 3 hour trip out of town this weekend and about after an hour of driving, the air out of the vents slowly began to die out and it came to the point that there was barely any air coming out of the vents when the fan was on max. The little air that was coming out was cold though. The noise that comes from the a/c when you put the fan on max is the same noise I'm hearing but barely any air.

I also noticed that everytime I start and turn off my car (w/ ac off) I hear the evaporator (gurgling sounds) coming from behind the glove box. Is this supposed to happen in the TL's? I also noticed that when I got sick in tired of having the a/c on for no reason since it wasn't blowing any air out...a lot of cold water began dripping from under the glove box.

After the car sits for a while..a few hours later, when i turn on the a/c..it's fine. But when I do turn it on for about 30 seconds or a minute...a lott of water comes down from underneath the car from the evaporator drain I'm assuming.

So does the drain need to get cleaned out? I need a new evaporator? I've already replaced the cabin filter and it didn't make a difference.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!