1999 acura to blower motor works but no air coming from vents.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 05:22 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 acura to blower motor works but no air coming from vents.

I replaced the blower motor in my 1999 Acura TL a few days later the vents stopped delivering air. I replaced the cabin filters. The blower motor seems to work fine. When I push the recirculating button I can hear the change in vent direction, I can hear the blower motor working, the control display shows auto function is always on. There's no temperature change from hot to cold. However, the AC compressor does engage when I turn on the system but still air comes from the vents. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 09-09-2020, 06:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Justin,

Quick Question: no air (like nothing) is coming from the car's ac vents? or just a little? and is it the same for all vents? ..
Just throwing this, When I bought my 99TL i had the same problem.. No air was coming out.. like zero.. I replaced filter, blower and still no air.. Until i decided to check the evaporator core. That thing was completely clogged with dirt and mold...Since it was old evap core, I replaced with a new one.. Needless to say that fixed the problem. In your case, if it's clogged, simply give it a good wash/cleaning. (make sure no water goes into your evaporator core).

The location of the evaporator core is just next to the blower ( that big black box you've seen on the left of the blower motor )
The following users liked this post:
Davius (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Is air blowing out anywhere at all, like the base of the windshield or down by your feet?
Old 09-09-2020, 10:06 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Rainier Gaari
Hi Justin,

Quick Question: no air (like nothing) is coming from the car's ac vents? or just a little? and is it the same for all vents? ..
Just throwing this, When I bought my 99TL i had the same problem.. No air was coming out.. like zero.. I replaced filter, blower and still no air.. Until i decided to check the evaporator core. That thing was completely clogged with dirt and mold...Since it was old evap core, I replaced with a new one.. Needless to say that fixed the problem. In your case, if it's clogged, simply give it a good wash/cleaning. (make sure no water goes into your evaporator core).

The location of the evaporator core is just next to the blower ( that big black box you've seen on the left of the blower motor )
Rainier Gaari, thank you for your response. There is some air coming from the vent and yes it is the same from all vents. When I turn on the system it sounds like there is air going somewhere just because of the sound of the rushing air, it's got to be going somewhere or as it sounds. I haven't looked at the e-vap core, never crossed my mind. Thank you for you insight I'll get back with you after I investigate you suggestion.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:14 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Iggy
Is air blowing out anywhere at all, like the base of the windshield or down by your feet?
Hi iggy, thank you for your response, there is air blowing out of the vents and seems the same at all exit points but it is minimal at best. However, the sound of the air moving through the ducts is intense and seems like it would be coming out of .. or bypassing the normal exits vents ie: defrost, floor or dash vents but no air do I find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.