Hid's in reverse video

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008 | 03:04 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by CJITTY
OK, for the rear fogs, here is a pic..not sure if this makes it clear. HID bulbs run at 35 watts normally, so not sure how hot it would get. I know there are some halogen type rear fog bulbs that run at 50W, so HIDs would be cooler and no where near as hot.

Keep in mind, the outer bulbs will still operate normally using 7443 bulbs and the wire/socket for the inner 7443 bulbs on the housing would not have a bulb in it. The HID bulb would be in the highlighted section below and only come on with the separate switch you have wired up to turn them on and off.

i think it will be way to bright lol... god damn that's a BRIGHT RED back there lol..
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:17 PM
Ackniculous One

Thats the whole point, Rear Fogs are supposed to be brighter than regular rear running lights and designed to be used only in inclimate weather situations..especially hard rain, snow and fog. Rear fogs in otherwise normal driving conditions would be pretty annoying to most drivers...could be a life saver in dense fog or if you get caught in a blizzard situation. For a $99 kit, I may give it a shot but not sure if a H11 bulb will fit into the housing without modding it

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-28-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:32 PM
B A N N E D

on my reverse light that's what i have there an H11 kit... and i got some space left so the red part of our taillights have a pretty big space there which i think the H11 bulb will hit but it's a really cool idea i know where you coming from.

Than again when you hit the brakes people won't be able to see it lol... im so telling you is gonna be bright ok this is what im gonna do i promised a night video but damn guys is the weekend i like going out lol im young but when i remove the bulb so people could see it's an HID BULB not not " FAKE L.E.D" like someone had said in this thread or another one somewhere around here im gonna trying putting the bulb in to see the FOGLAMP for our rear!

Last edited by Cisko TLS; 12-28-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:44 PM
Ackniculous One

Originally Posted by Cisko TLS
on my reverse light that's what i have there an H11 kit... and i got some space left so the red part of our taillights have a pretty big space there which i think the H11 bulb will hit but it's a really cool idea i know where you coming from.

Than again when you hit the brakes people won't be able to see it lol... im so telling you is gonna be bright ok this is what im gonna do i promised a night video but damn guys is the weekend i like going out lol im young but when i remove the bulb so people could see it's an HID BULB not not " FAKE L.E.D" like someone had said in this thread or another one somewhere around here im gonna trying putting the bulb in to see the FOGLAMP for our rear!
They can see your brake lights since the outer bulbs will still function normally, but yes, you would have 50% less braking/running lights overall. You still have the third brakelight or spoiler brake light that will add to the two bulbs left remaining. I had mine setup that the running light on the inner bulb would not come on until I braked, but the running lights were plenty bright if you ask me.
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:48 PM
Ackniculous One

Hey, just for the hell of it, can you see if the HID h11 bulb setup fits and locks into that tail light bulb opening? So basically the bulb right below your reverse light.

I am seriously thinking about rear fogs. I would just have to run the power of the battery relayed to a 12v source so they will shut off with car, but as bright as they are, it would be hard to leave on by mistake lol
Old 12-28-2008 | 01:48 PM
B A N N E D

could i see your car with the 19"HFP wheels i wanna do the rear fog now lol... but let me see how it looks
Old 12-28-2008 | 02:04 PM
Ackniculous One

Just click on my username and look at my photo album to see all the pics on the HFPS
Old 12-28-2008 | 03:03 PM
B A N N E D

I'LL BUY YOU'RE WHEELS i so want those wheels
Old 12-28-2008 | 03:26 PM
Ackniculous One

uhh, naw man..not for sale hahaha...ebay has them for about $1300 plus shipping.

Ok back on topic, i'm really curious to see if those H11's fit in the tail light bulb opening!
Old 12-29-2008 | 12:28 AM
B A N N E D

nice weather in NYC lol this sunday so no time for that just got home is a little to late to mess with the truck so tomorrow i will PROMISE lol...
Old 12-29-2008 | 03:10 PM
B A N N E D

Old 12-29-2008 | 03:12 PM
B A N N E D

for those who said THOSE WERE LED... thanks my prove or u want more

CJITTY this is what you and i have been talking about it looks pretty cool but i highly doubt is gonna look good with 2 of them on which i know only dependin what side of the road you're on but hey i might just do it tell me what you think PM or whatever....MAYBE GIVEeach other ideaS
Old 12-29-2008 | 03:22 PM
Drifting

def not led's... you got any night pics, i want to see how bright these fuckers are... take some pics from the inside at night so we can the difference between stock and HID reverse..
Old 12-29-2008 | 03:36 PM
Ackniculous One

I love the rear fog, that is tight!!! Exactly what I was hoping for! So you just twist in the bulb collar and it stays tight or what? THank for the pics!! Yeah, I'm all over that rear fog setup...send me the link where you got the HID kit for $99. Also, if you got a way to get some night shots, I want to see how much contrast it is between the normal brightness when the lights are on and the HID fog. I would def do the HID fogs on both sides like many of the cars are nowadays and only use them in rain and fog, which we get here alot in the ATL
Old 12-29-2008 | 03:48 PM
Ackniculous One

oh, how is the heat on these? Any issues in the housing that you can see so far?
Old 12-29-2008 | 06:12 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
def not led's... you got any night pics, i want to see how bright these fuckers are... take some pics from the inside at night so we can the difference between stock and HID reverse..
alright i will well i'm a VP of a car club and we will be doing our last meet of the year tomorrow and we gonna have a phootshoot so def tomorrow i will have everything edit and all that .... but about the foglight in the back looks at but how long will the housing really hold that HEAT?
Old 12-29-2008 | 06:17 PM
B A N N E D

I love the rear fog, that is tight!!! Exactly what I was hoping for! So you just twist in the bulb collar and it stays tight or what? THank for the pics!! Yeah, I'm all over that rear fog setup...send me the link where you got the HID kit for $99. Also, if you got a way to get some night shots, I want to see how much contrast it is between the normal brightness when the lights are on and the HID fog. I would def do the HID fogs on both sides like many of the cars are nowadays and only use them in rain and fog, which we get here alot in the ATL

ok so i got a new kit in my house H11 6000k... so i took one bulb down with me so i disconnected the left side reverse bulb and i took one of the brake light out one thing i will tell you we have to break atlease one of the TABS of and it will fit with a twisted my reverse light i put like 3 little dots of crazy glue and it won't go nowhere! but i didn't install them today i will install them sometime this weekend hopefully my cousin has time..... BUT i will start a thread to see what people think? what you think?
Old 01-03-2009 | 01:16 AM
03 ABP tls

i had reverse fogs for both rear lights on my old '94 mercedes e320. the light switch is actually like a round handle you turn side to side to whatrver position, either reg nighttime or fogs. and then if you pull on the switch, it activates the rear fogs. pretty cool actually. didnt use them too often cuz i would forget but still. personally i dont have any money to throw away on that, but i like the idea
Old 01-03-2009 | 01:25 AM
(ಠДಠ)

if you put 10000k's in the rear brake lights, would you see a purple light? that would be sick, i wouldnt do it tho cuz of pigs.
Old 01-04-2009 | 01:00 AM
Ackniculous One

ok so i got a new kit in my house H11 6000k... so i took one bulb down with me so i disconnected the left side reverse bulb and i took one of the brake light out one thing i will tell you we have to break atlease one of the TABS of and it will fit with a twisted my reverse light i put like 3 little dots of crazy glue and it won't go nowhere! but i didn't install them today i will install them sometime this weekend hopefully my cousin has time..... BUT i will start a thread to see what people think? what you think?
Oh snap, so you will have your fog hid kit, the reverse light hid kit and now you have a third for the rear fog HID kit? Wow man!!

That sucks you gotta break the tab on the housing...too bad there is not a way to make a 7443/7440 bulb collar to connect up an HID bulb, but most headlight/foglight setups dont use that bulb style. Are the H11 hid bulbs just as long as a 9006 collared HID bulb? I wonder if there is a collar style that matches more closely to the 7440/7443 twist and turn opening on the tail housings..make them fit easier w/o too much modding.

Curious to see some final pics with your HID rear fogs on both sides at night. Now, I would just have to figure out how to wire it up for power. I assume I can run one power wire from the battery back to the trunk and then quick clip the positive leads to the power cable and then quick clip the two ground wires to a ground point in the trunk. The PNP kits usually get the power/ground from the bulb harness so I suppose you had to improvise. I would then make a push button switch with a rear fog symbol sticker on the dummy panel next to the dimmer switch. The front fogs have the light symbol with the squiggly lines going downward while the rear fog symbol shows the light symbol with the squiggly lines going straight out horizontally. Subtle difference you can see on a mercedes headlight switch. Usually turn the dial to the fogs..then pull switch out to activate front and rear fogs..pretty nice design as mentioned above.

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-04-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2009 | 10:23 AM
B A N N E D

Oh snap, so you will have your fog hid kit, the reverse light hid kit and now you have a third for the rear fog HID kit? Wow man!!

That sucks you gotta break the tab on the housing...too bad there is not a way to make a 7443/7440 bulb collar to connect up an HID bulb, but most headlight/foglight setups dont use that bulb style. Are the H11 hid bulbs just as long as a 9006 collared HID bulb? I wonder if there is a collar style that matches more closely to the 7440/7443 twist and turn opening on the tail housings..make them fit easier w/o too much modding.

Curious to see some final pics with your HID rear fogs on both sides at night. Now, I would just have to figure out how to wire it up for power. I assume I can run one power wire from the battery back to the trunk and then quick clip the positive leads to the power cable and then quick clip the two ground wires to a ground point in the trunk. The PNP kits usually get the power/ground from the bulb harness so I suppose you had to improvise. I would then make a push button switch with a rear fog symbol sticker on the dummy panel next to the dimmer switch. The front fogs have the light symbol with the squiggly lines going downward while the rear fog symbol shows the light symbol with the squiggly lines going straight out horizontally. Subtle difference you can see on a mercedes headlight switch. Usually turn the dial to the fogs..then pull switch out to activate front and rear fogs..pretty nice design as mentioned above.
not the tab from the taillights THE TABS from the bulb which we will have to snap in order for it to really CLICK! it's been cold here in NY so i've been hangin out alot sorry for the delay i just like going out ..... GIRLS GONE WILD... lol... but i will be doing it soon