Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
OMGWTFVTEC

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by AZP-TL
Not really criticizing you guys, it just seems silly to complain about wheel hop when you're trying to race with a FWD luxury car.
Why because FWD cant race?? You musta missed it when when FWD hit 7.12 in the quarter. Musta also missed it when the Realtime racing TSX beat many other cars for the championship many times, some rwd and awd.....
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the same problem with wheel hop on my previous car.
A stiffer rear motor mount helps a little but I looks like you might be dropping the cluth too hard on your launch. Next time try and drop the cluch only to the gab point and hold it there until your car catches traction. That should get rid of the wheel hop.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
so it must seem silly when guys complain about broken motor mounts cause its a luxury car.
No, that's common on all vehicles.

It must also seem silly that guys complain about not having enough performance parts because its a luxury car.
Well....yeah.

It must seem silly that they made a Sport model of the TL since its a luxury car, those damn acura people why would they do that to a luxury car.
Luxury cars are typically powerful cars for a reason, people wouldn't spend $40k+ on a Luxury car if it had a gutless 100hp four banger. The Type-S is only a minor upgrade over the TL-P at any rate unless you add a supercharger.

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Why because FWD cant race?? You musta missed it when when FWD hit 7.12 in the quarter. Musta also missed it when the Realtime racing TSX beat many other cars for the championship many times, some rwd and awd.....
Why yes I did. What type of cars was the TSX competing against?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Why yes I did. What type of cars was the TSX competing against?
BMW, Audi, Mazda
Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by eleventure
Next time try and drop the cluch only to the gab point and hold it there until your car catches traction. That should get rid of the wheel hop.
How about once moving when it happens (like at 20, or into 2nd?
Yes learning to launch will help him, but there are other things at play here that need to be fixed.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
So you guys (Kris and Mike) start off from 2nd gear? I've been trying this lately and it seems to work pretty well. I am only using 1st when I'm on a hill or something and would stall if trying to take off in 2nd.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
So you guys (Kris and Mike) start off from 2nd gear? I've been trying this lately and it seems to work pretty well. I am only using 1st when I'm on a hill or something and would stall if trying to take off in 2nd.
I do alot of starting in 2nd for normal driving. Many will recommend against it (some will say your wearing out the clutch too much) It all depends on surface traction. I do more of it in winter when traction is limited. If i really want to giv'er hell and its good pavement ill usually do 1st, but i have done a few 2nd gear hard launches (though it is alot harder on the clutch). We also have the type-s motor so we do have more HP to help that type of hard launch.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
yea i agree w that in miami when i used to race hard most of the races were done from a second gear roll at 40. from 40 and up doesnt allow that much driver error and show what u car really got. turbo ff cant do first gear successful w/o alot of money. perfect example take any big bad srt4 from a first gear gear roll i cant all most bet he cant catch u till end of 3rd w all that spinning he will be doing.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Not really criticizing you guys, it just seems silly to complain about wheel hop when you're trying to race with a FWD luxury car.
I brought up the same thing earlier, but some members seem to have took it to offense.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by deevel79
I brought up the same thing earlier, but some members seem to have took it to offense.
so is it pointless to modify the car at all. I mean parts are made to make this car faster. im sure that the 03 cl-s 6 speed guys deal with the same problem and they were made that way. if it wasn't an issue why would there be a manufacturer that makes better mounts.

if its stupid why be on this forum. every person on here has or wants to modify their tl. so you should say that to every person on this forum.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Advanced

so is it pointless to modify the car at all. I mean parts are made to make this car faster. im sure that the 03 cl-s 6 speed guys deal with the same problem and they were made that way. if it wasn't an issue why would there be a manufacturer that makes better mounts.

if its stupid why be on this forum. every person on here has or wants to modify their tl. so you should say that to every person on this forum.

Listen, i can care less what u want to do with your car. All im saying is, if you're going to drag race from a dead stop with a luxury 4-door sedan (regardless of the fact that u swapped the tranny for a 6-mt), you cant expect it perform as if it were a high performance race car. You're going to encounter problems. The highway? now that's a different story. These cars are more suitable for highway performance, than they are for drag racing.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Listen, i can care less what u want to do with your car. All im saying is, if you're going to drag race from a dead stop with a luxury 4-door sedan (regardless of the fact that u swapped the tranny for a 6-mt), you cant expect it perform as if it were a high performance race car. You're going to encounter problems. The highway? now that's a different story. These cars are more suitable for highway performance, than they are for drag racing.
maybe your not understabnding. I don't drag race my car, I don't compare it to a race car. I know its not. im just trying to eliminate wheel hop. I didn't ask for your input on wether or not its right to ask how to stop wheel hop. your negative attitude is making me sad.

please stop hurting my feelings.... im fragile.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

What does it being a "Luxury 4 door sedan" have to do with it???

He has a problem Its not a debate that if he didn't have a luxury 4 door sedan or FWD. Not once did we or he try to compare it to a "High performance race car" Hes complaining about wheel hop, which he can get rid of with different parts, not hearing Oh its FWD, you cant do that type of speech.

Yes you are correct, these cars are better suited to hwy AND twisties like road courses, but it doesnt mean that he should give up trying to have fun once and awhile.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 PM
No He Can't

Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
No He Can't

please stop hurting my feelings.... im fragile.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Instructor

Thats why its calling tuning. tryin things to get the car to perform exactly how u want. if everyone thought like u no one realize cars like honda accord and infiniti g20 would make good handling cars on the track. any tuner will tell that dont sleep on any car thats what the american guys said about us jap boyz until we start tuning and clap them up.