What is a good WAX to use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:12 AM

Question What is a good WAX to use?

I currently use Zymol wax for my TL. Was wondering what are some other good waxes to use for my car that will give me a nice high glossy shine and still protect the paint?
Old 07-12-2001, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's for over ten years. I first use Meguiar's Show Car Glaze as the polish and the use Meguiar's Medallion for Paint (I also use Meguiar's for Leather for the interior). I've been pretty happy with their products, I used to always get compliments on my eight year old Acura Vigor, right up until I traded it in. Even the dealers commented on how great it looked. Last year someone asked me if it was a new car.

Considering the Chicago winters and how tough that can be on a car, I consider it quite a compliment. Of course I'm the lunatic who is in the self-serve car wash hosing the salt off my car in twenty degree weather.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:03 PM
CBS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What is a good WAX to use?

Originally posted by SkillZ101
I currently use Zymol wax for my TL. Was wondering what are some other good waxes to use for my car that will give me a nice high glossy shine and still protect the paint?
For shine and durability, try Blitz wax. For that show car look with less durability, try Pinnacle souveran wax or p21s concours wax.

Don't forget to polish with good sealant like Klasse All-In-One then Klasse Sealant glaze. Hopes this helps!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:06 PM
Racer

Re: What is a good WAX to use?

Originally posted by SkillZ101
You should do a search...This has been discussed so many times...You can get so many answers. The majority of the people here use Zaino. It's a great product...Very easy to use! They have a site...do a search... Zainobros

Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:17 PM
Instructor

I'm with guoab on this. I collect and restore classic cars, and I've been using Meguiars since 1989. For paint with no oxidation I use the show car glaze, then follow up with Medallion. If the paint is oxidized I use the cleaner, then show car glaze, then follow up with Medallion. My car is washed once a week with Meguiars wash, and between washings I keep it clean with the Quick Detailer (this is a miracle product!). I also use Meguiars leather care (cleaner/conditioner). It's great for keeping the leather soft and avoiding creases/wrinkles.
Old 07-12-2001, 02:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SSMAN66
I'm with guoab on this. I collect and restore classic cars, and I've been using Meguiars since 1989. For paint with no oxidation I use the show car glaze, then follow up with Medallion. If the paint is oxidized I use the cleaner, then show car glaze, then follow up with Medallion. My car is washed once a week with Meguiars wash, and between washings I keep it clean with the Quick Detailer (this is a miracle product!). I also use Meguiars leather care (cleaner/conditioner). It's great for keeping the leather soft and avoiding creases/wrinkles.
Same here, I'm using strictly Meguiars.... I use their professional products (brown bottles) for pretty much everything except for the wax which I use their Medallion product (that's a professional product, just not in a brown bottle) and I use their Gold Class Leather care product for cleaning and conditioning the leather. It's the only quality cleaning and conditioner that I know of that has UV protection. When it comes to washing I use the Gold Class soap product and it works great too.... Tires get the Meguiars Endurance, really awesome stuff..... The quick detailer is a great product like he says, and I've used it a lot between washings, especially if I get bird droppings or something on the car. Also, if you use the quick detailer as a lubricant for a clay bar (I use a bar called Granite - it's blue), it really removes contiminants and what not from the finish.
Old 07-12-2001, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use several layers of Klasse sealant with a coat of Blitz wax on top. The shine is unbelievable.
Old 07-12-2001, 03:29 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Meguiars #26 liquid.
Old 07-12-2001, 03:57 PM
Pro

I've only used Mother's Gold Carnauba Cleaner paste wax so I can't tell you how well it stacks up agains Zainos or Zymol, etc. It's easy to buy, use, durable and leaves a nice shine. No complaints here.
Old 07-12-2001, 04:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yes Zaino is the way to go this is being talked about now on the forum. Zaino is a Show Car Polish that gives you the wettest-looking & longest lasting finish protection. It has UV sunsceenshield It gets deeper & richer with multiple coats. You only need a little. It leaves no film powder or white residue.
For the darker colors I think people wan't that wet look.
I have used Meguiars, Zymol & others over the years but many pictures of cars using Zaino have been posted on here.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Instructor

YOU GUYS SHOULD TRY IBIZ CAR WAX.. RECOMENDED MY CORVETT CLUB OF AMERICA. VERY GOOD I MEAN VERY GOOD WAX CHECK IT OUT ON THE CROVETT CLUB WEBSITE.. !!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Meguiars has alot of good products
Old 07-12-2001, 08:25 PM
Advanced

Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's !
Old 07-12-2001, 11:18 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by californiacat28
Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's Meguiar's !
YUP!
Old 07-12-2001, 11:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up Only Megiuar's!

Always get excellent results! Been using the Deep Crystal Polish and Wax - awesome stuff. Quik Detailer is a miracle product - gets stuff off a dirty car w/o scratching and looks like just waxed. Some ass threw Coke or something on my TL last night and I just noticed it this morning but the Quik Detailer took that sticky crap right off.
Also use the Gold Class car wash. Their Gold Class leather conditioner works beautifully and they even make a plastic restorer that is supposed to remove fine scratches (like our guages) but I haven't found that yet.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:15 AM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
3 step process (1 Saturday afternoon, in the shade)

Meguiars cleaner clear coat safe
Meguiars polish elbow grease needed
EagleOne carnabua wax for a good deep gloss look and it seals the polish
Meguiars kwik detailer spray and mist between waxes

I swear by it. been using it since 1992 on my '92 Accord
Old 07-13-2001, 03:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

3M Car Care Products. This is the best stuff on the market IMHO!
Old 07-13-2001, 04:17 AM
...and then there was One

Meguiar's

Shocar Glaze #7, then HiTech Yellow Wax #26. Even on the windows. Tires get Endurance High Gloss (the stuff that smells like... grapes?), and wheels get Hot Rims. I have stock rims, still, and wax those, too. Easier to clean brake dust that way.
Meguiar's!
Old 07-13-2001, 01:26 PM
Advanced

Lightbulb

Meguiar's all the way