Vertical Doors for your 2002 TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps someone could utilize their photoshop skills and show us how this might look. I'm not going to pursue this one bit but I am interested in seeing what it would look like!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Still sluggin' it out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, can some1 hook it up?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Racer

well i feel like taking a shiet and since it is freedom of speech i'll juss say put in my two cents even if i do diss someone...dude its your car u can do whaever u want..but like i always said money dun buy u taste, and obviously that is a ricey mod, leave the vertical doors for lamborghinis plz...that deserves two bags of uncle ben, you mite as well put altezzas and a aluminum wing on the tl...sorry if i offend peepo, just felt like taking a shiet on here instead of the restroom...lol
Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jspecinspire
...you mite as well put altezzas and a aluminum wing on the tl...
Now THAT is a good idea... hmmmmmm
Old 05-24-2004, 05:24 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i guess i'm a newbie...wtf is a suicide door look like?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:27 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
oh never mind....
http://www.seriouswheels.com/1937-Fo...cide-Doors.htm

I dont' dig suicide or lambo doors anymore i guess, my friend has them on his celica, its a nice subtle mod...

wait till i get the dough though....shaved handles
Old 05-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Racer

i juss think you can utilize that kinda money on a cleaner mod to the car that's still original but not so damn riced out...
Old 05-24-2004, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by ajNYHC
Its A Celabration Bitches!

Oh man, that was random and made me laugh like no tommorow!!! Who else watches Dave Chappelle?

Lambo doors :clown:
Man you guys need to lighten up... Coming from a senior member *sigh* lol.

All of you who are trying to get a point across - it's pointless, maybe come from a constructive angle and it might work :banghead:

I didnt know the whole " import car show " scene was still around... Highschool memories...

" THOSE WHO KNOW, DO NOT SPEAK... THOSE WHO SPEAK DO NOT KNOW" ---- Bruce Lee---
Old 05-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Racer

lol..i wasn't tryin to get a point across, i juss felt like makin fun of ricers and lettin peepo know i have my own opinion, he can do it all he wants, cuz i know i can't change a person's taste, but i juss like to sit dere and mess around, especially when someone say having your own opinion in this thread means your shitting...lol...oh and even tho this is a thread about who wants to get into this thing, peepo are still allowed to express freedom of speech, so dun think that cuz the thread dun specify it means we can't speak our mind...
Old 05-25-2004, 01:26 AM

lol..i wasn't tryin to get a point across, i juss felt like makin fun of ricers and lettin peepo know i have my own opinion, he can do it all he wants, cuz i know i can't change a person's taste, but i juss like to sit dere and mess around, especially when someone say having your own opinion in this thread means your shitting...lol...oh and even tho this is a thread about who wants to get into this thing, peepo are still allowed to express freedom of speech, so dun think that cuz the thread dun specify it means we can't speak our mind...
After reading ur post 5 times :smackhead i think i understand where u are coming from... RICERS hehehehehehehe. Oh man... Why do i even post in this forum :smackhead
Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Racer

hehe at least someone understand, i mean ricers will always be around bro, i can't change dat, but the fact that i can't speak my mind cuz i dun like wha they do dun set well wit me, i mean i noe they gonna do it no matter wha, but like i said money can't buy taste but dun think i'mma juss stand by and not say i dun like it and i think it sux...u will do wha u wanna do, and i will say wha i wanna say, it's taht simple
Old 05-25-2004, 01:32 AM

Old 05-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Racer

Ricer huh? From an asian person's perspective, I dont know if I should take that offensive. So every car that is fixed up and is wack is consider as a Ricer. I dont like that f*cken term at all. So I assume that the term derived from that since all Asians drive a fixed up car and their car are wack and all asian people eat rice so therefore all wack raced out cars are consider " RICER" I totally see the logic behind that $hit. SURE!
So putting verticle doors on a TL for show is consider "Ricer" Sorry I dont even know how to use that damn word. and car shows are for hihg skoo kids???? Ok Like I said before. You want to get sponsored and you want to be in the Import scene. You gotta do something that STANDS OUT!!! You think you are going to win some shows with just an OEM kit with some blinging rims and a played out stereo system. Nah man you way behind. For people who are wants to be sponsored and be in the scene, People like me, And I am not in high skoo. I see this as a hobby. I dont think fixing up cars has any age limit and for those who think there is, your an idiot. That is why people who own body shops and have crazy ass exotic tricked out cars are in the mid 40's and 50's right. Shows like HIN might have turned a little for the worse. But its also a show for people to bust out their project cars that they have been workin on for months. Its a hobby to fix up cars for some people. Hey who knows, mayb you'll see some TL with Verticle doors on it or mayb suicide doors. I bet taht TL is gonna have a ton of sponsors and gonna get a lot of publicity and all these fooz thats trashing the verticles doors are still gonna hate becasue they are gonna end up been jealous of the TL owners who got ballz to put suicide doors and fix up their car to the fullest
Old 05-25-2004, 11:51 AM

No hard feelings man...

Im asian, i dont find the word insulting at all. Heck the only reason i call them ricers... back in the day, we would call all the fast hondas, toyotas, nissans, or whatever japanese manufactured car Rice Rockets.

Btw, i eat rice everyday :toothless:

no shame in my game lol
Old 05-25-2004, 11:55 AM

I will soon be a deputy @ www.ricecop.com if this thread doesnt die.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i notice that some of the member on this forum tends to bag on pplz that want to do something different to their cars. Instead of all doing the same add on and shit, and when someone does something differnt they get all this dissing and shit i'm tired of all the dissing and shit, like what AZN G RYDE said its a hobby and they spent lots of money on the car to make it the way they want it to look and like my car i know some of the members dislike the way it is but i pick up some sponsorship for it just that fact thats it doesn't look like everyones TL. and as for the lambo door if you want to do it go for it. your car will stand out from all the other and and if you have money to do the door , also do the bak sucide doors too that will look really different. and for sure if you go to show it will cause lots of attention.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Rock Star

Cool

Originally Posted by fixedtl
i notice that some of the member on this forum tends to bag on pplz that want to do something different to their cars. Instead of all doing the same add on and shit, and when someone does something differnt they get all this dissing and shit i'm tired of all the dissing and shit, like what AZN G RYDE said its a hobby and they spent lots of money on the car to make it the way they want it to look and like my car i know some of the members dislike the way it is but i pick up some sponsorship for it just that fact thats it doesn't look like everyones TL. and as for the lambo door if you want to do it go for it. your car will stand out from all the other and and if you have money to do the door , also do the bak sucide doors too that will look really different. and for sure if you go to show it will cause lots of attention.
well u do have a point man got to give it too u...i too took alot of flack for addin strobes 2 my car so i can see where ur comin from...point well stated
Old 05-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Racer

lol..i'm chinese it's juss a term i use, and i'm not sorry for using it, but if i offended u like i said i prolly will somehow in this thread, but like i said if that's how u get sponsored, that's not the sponsors i'm lookin for, my crew has major sponsors witout all dat crazy crap, so dun think gettin sponsored means u gotta have that kinda stuff on ur car, i know plenty of pure jdm head sponsored by major companies...but like i said i was here to speak my mind, but obviously no one understand wha i was tryin to point out...u wanna do wha u want, go ahead, but dun tell me wha i can say or cannot say, cuz i'm not stoppin u from doin wha u wanna do, i simply dun find it tasteful...and if u can do wha u want, i can say wha i like

and for ur info. i have value sport kit not oem kit, and i dun need to go to some over the top mod to get sponsored, i've been talkin to sponsors since i got into the show scene...and my kit and rims are still worth more den some vertical doors

oh and one more thing, me and my buddies arne't hating on it cuz we're not sponsored, we're SPONSORED jdm heads who are laughin...lol
Old 05-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Racer

lol..i'm chinese it's juss a term i use, and i'm not sorry for using it, but if i offended u like i said i prolly will somehow in this thread, but like i said if that's how u get sponsored, that's not the sponsors i'm lookin for, my crew has major sponsors witout all dat crazy crap, so dun think gettin sponsored means u gotta have that kinda stuff on ur car, i know plenty of pure jdm head sponsored by major companies...but like i said i was here to speak my mind, but obviously no one understand wha i was tryin to point out...u wanna do wha u want, go ahead, but dun tell me wha i can say or cannot say, cuz i'm not stoppin u from doin wha u wanna do, i simply dun find it tasteful...and if u can do wha u want, i can say wha i like

and for ur info. i have value sport kit not oem kit, and i dun need to go to some over the top mod to get sponsored, i've been talkin to sponsors since i got into the show scene...and my kit and rims are still worth more den some vertical doors

oh and one more thing, me and my buddies arne't hating on it cuz we're not sponsored, we're SPONSORED jdm heads who are laughin...lol
Aint aiming at you man. I have seen your car. IT looks nice. Good job well done. I am sayin people who want to be different. Veticle door, What wrong with that? Umm You aint gonna notive it until you open the door and people are gonna be like DAMN!!. thats it. I like verticle door but aint fightnin for no one. Jsut hate people tralkin shit about idea people have. AInt gonna know until you try it. THAt is how I see it. Once again I aint aimin at you
Old 05-26-2004, 08:23 PM
USMC Butterbars

this thread went down the shithole
Old 05-26-2004, 08:31 PM
boo

I say whatever floats anyones boat. Not my thing. But this thread should die! :devil:
Old 05-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by AZN G RYDE
Aint aiming at you man. I have seen your car. IT looks nice. Good job well done. I am sayin people who want to be different. Veticle door, What wrong with that? Umm You aint gonna notive it until you open the door and people are gonna be like DAMN!!. thats it. I like verticle door but aint fightnin for no one. Jsut hate people tralkin shit about idea people have. AInt gonna know until you try it. THAt is how I see it. Once again I aint aimin at you
its coo, dun think i took offense to it, i juss want u guys to understand i'm not tryin to flame on the vertical doors issue, it's just sumthing i do not have taste for...but like i just felt if the guy has the freedom to do wha he want to his car, i should also have my choice to express my opinion, i'm not stoppin him from doing it, i juss had an opinion on it, he's gonna do it whether i like it or not, and i will have an opinion whether he likes it or not, it's not the issue of the doors being a ricey mod, it's a issue of being able to express ur opinion, the only parts u said that i disagreed with is the ricer thing, it's an expression for tuners who my crowd feels have a modding style that we consider tasteless, i have azn friends who say it, and i say it, it has nuttin to do with the race thing cuz i'm chinese, i'm sorry if u felt offended but i think it's takin the race thing a lil too sensitive, it's a term used often around here even with azn heads, as for the car thing, i have alot of friends who lean on the line of clean jdm look with oem and jdm aftermarket parts that's not over the top, and they are very well respected in the show scene and most are vip heads at shows that also brings us a lot of benefits at the shows...and they are all sponsored or own their own shops, so i just wanted to make a point u dun have to go wild to make get attention in the industry, my car is far from done but i still get respect at HIN by spectators and industry heads, other den dat there's no offense taken, so dun sweat it, and yes i'm sorry if this thread went down the shiet hole, but like i said in the first thread, i came in ehre to take a shiet =P hahahaha
Old 05-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Still sluggin' it out

Moderators,

:ar15: THIS THREAD :rocketwho

Please KILL THIS THREAD...
Old 05-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
haha, you know what's funny... everyone wants the thread to die yet you keep replying which bumps it to the top. LOL.

With the holiday not many people around... so I'll close this down.

BTW, in the future you guys can click the little red/white triangle with the ! over by your name and location to report the thread. That sends an email to all mods so they can address it and close it if necessary.

BTW, that freedom of speech shit doesn't fly here. This isn't a public board... it's owned by a person, therefore, it's a private board. If it was public, there wouldn't be moderators, people wouldn't get banned, etc. When you sign up you agree to certain terms, and part of those terms is not attacking other members. We fully welcome open discussion, however, if someone comes on here and posts a topic like this... 5 pages of ripping him or the topic is not acceptable. If you don't like it... don't reply or don't buy what they're offering.. simple as that. No need to waste bandwidth.

Laffinitup - feel free to start another thread about your GB. It looks like you won't get 10 people, but if you'd like to try again go for it and we'll try to keep all of the BS out of it for you.