Vertical Doors for your 2002 TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Vertical Doors for your 2002 TL

I need 10 other people that are serious about getting Lambo-type bolt on doors for their 2002 TL. Go to verticaldoors.com about the info. If you are really serious about this please email me @ richiecoon@att.net so we can get it going. The kits will run 1599.99 for two doors. No cutting or painting required and guaranteed to close like the stock doors. Serious inquires only, please!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Advanced

i would have expected this from a civic driver, never a TL driver...imo this is straight outta uncle bens. :bigun2:
Old 05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

I really don't care what you think. I asked for people to respond that wanted the doors, not people that are bored and don't have anything better to do than to diss people. I hope it felt real good that you see yourself so much better than I am
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
You touch my tra la la...

:smackhead
Old 05-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Racer

after reading the thread, i realize your username goes along nicely with the topic :grenade:
Old 05-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Still sluggin' it out

email sent...
Old 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Instructor

i would but i dont have 1600
Old 05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Vertical doors on a TL... That would be the god damnedest thing I'll ever see, not to mention gay when the front two doors open diagonally and the rear doors open in the conventional way. I would laugh at you so hard if I saw that.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Vertical doors on a TL... That would be the god damnedest thing I'll ever see, not to mention gay when the front two doors open diagonally and the rear doors open in the conventional way. I would laugh at you so hard if I saw that.
Cool. Well, hopefully we can get 8 other people to see it OUR way and give us a chance to see what it looks like I'm down with giving it a chance...
Old 05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

IMHO, vertical doors would be more appropriate for the 2 door CL.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by patrick
I agree, but if are willing to spend $1600 on "giving it a chance" than good for you. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by patrick
They DEFINITELY look good on the CL's

Originally Posted by shiffy
I agree, but if are willing to spend $1600 on "giving it a chance" than good for you. Can't wait to see what it looks like..
Fock it--Why not? You can't take it with you...
Old 05-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Drifting

have you seen verticle door conversions on 4 doors?....its ugly...the doors are two short for it to look good...on a 2 door it looks good cause the doors are long....but on a 4 door the doors are two square...it looks stupid...search for pics of 4 door civics...you'll see what i mean
Old 05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Instructor

people have their own opinion. let the people who like vertical doors express how they like it and people who dont, start your own d*mn thread to complain about it!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Drifting

i like vertical doors. prob will look different on a TL and considering no 1 has it. id b in if i had the money but i dont. IMO ugly or not these ppl have balls to try sumthing new and go with sumthing no 1 has yet. since every1 has the same stuff on every TL.

mike
Old 05-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Advanced

yo

if yall got the money to do it go for it but for me im not fiancially able to do it...but it would b different good luck with the project. i want to c pix once its done.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by got_3.2?
i like vertical doors. prob will look different on a TL and considering no 1 has it. id b in if i had the money but i dont. IMO ugly or not these ppl have balls to try sumthing new and go with sumthing no 1 has yet. since every1 has the same stuff on every TL.

mike
so then its only gonna be the same stuff on 10 TL's. vertical doors just came out and that shit is played out already. they even have that shit on suv's. not to metnionthe gas shocks have blown out on a bunch of them. thats hialrious... you open the door, push it up with little force and then BAM the shock goes out and slams the door shut... i'd love to see you having trouble lift it up. then again u could just open the rear door and climb in through the back.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard of it being done on a TL and would never have guessed someone to do it. But, I respect your opinion and if ya'll got the balls to do it and want to do it, then go for it...more power to ya.... don't let folks discourage ya'll.....

I actually have seen a civic with four doors that open vertically. The front two doors open like a lambo and the rears open the same but from the opposite end, it kinda looks tight. However, I have to agree with njtls, it would look kinda funny with just two doors, that is why most folks with two doors do it....

John32, you got my support for having the balls to do something new.....But post pics when ya'll get it done....
Old 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some of you guys have yet to realize that you don't need to respond to every thread at A-TL. I usually don't pull the seniority factor in my arguments, but as a long time member, I am sick of repeatedly seeing people dissing other people for what they do to their rides. I mean really, is it any of your business?

If you notice, the original post clearly states the price, the mod, and other details of this group buy. Maybe he really likes this mod and wants to work hard and spend his money to get it done. He never asked what you thought about vertical doors. So next time you have an urge to take a crap, go to the restroom instead of releiving yourself right here in one of the forum threads.

And just for the record, vertical doors do not fit my definition of tightness on a 4-dr TL. But dissing another person for no reason does make my blood boil. Go for it, Laffinitup, if that makes you happy. Make sure you ignore the naysayers and remember to post pics!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
10th Gear

Go For It ! If You Got The $$$
Old 05-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Instructor

to the people who are getting em: brush ya shouldas off. id get them, but im po'
Old 05-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Still sluggin' it out

Originally Posted by tumas
to the people who are getting em: brush ya shouldas off. id get them, but im po'
:lol1: Funny as $hit :lol1:
Old 05-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by vandy786
Some of you guys have yet to realize that you don't need to respond to every thread at A-TL. ...I am sick of repeatedly seeing people dissing other people for what they do to their rides. I mean really, is it any of your business?
Hmmm...let's discuss....

1 - Public forum
2 - Freedom of speech

Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Instructor

I would never buy a spoiler for my TL-S

In that same respect, I would never start bitching at anyone who did happen to have a spoiler on his car. I see the scissor door mod as something to do if you've got a problem with parking and you're dinging doors llike no tomorrow (Two door cars have this problem more often). The thing is... this guy is doing it no matter what you say, so let it go.
Make sure to post all info as it comes man. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Incubus
In that same respect, I would never start bitching at anyone who did happen to have a spoiler on his car. I see the scissor door mod as something to do if you've got a problem with parking and you're dinging doors llike no tomorrow (Two door cars have this problem more often). The thing is... this guy is doing it no matter what you say, so let it go.
Make sure to post all info as it comes man. Good luck.
If only there was a solution for keeping other people from dinging your own doors.... I'd pay $1600 for that...
Old 05-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Incubus
I see the scissor door mod as something to do if you've got a problem with parking and you're dinging doors llike no tomorrow
sounds like ya just need a different place to park or take up 2 spaces!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
2003 SSM TLS

"If only there was a solution for keeping other people from dinging your own doors.... I'd pay $1600 for that..."

You got that right orcaatk !!!

I'd pay just about anything to prevent other inconsiderate types from bouncing their doors off of my ride. It gets to be a pain to always park way out in the back of the lot to prevent anyone from being able to park near you. And when someone gets you its like :smackhead What can you do?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:52 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

hmm... not my cup of tea either and it's $$$

however, maybe you should post a thread on the CL-forum too... or perhaps do a search, I've seen it on a CL... think it was less than $1,600... anyway, good luck.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro

hey laffinitup dont mean to jack your thread but i know this one place that is the same as vertical door but cost 1000 its a bolt on but i will still need a like 5 pplz in order for it to be 1000 if not is like 1350 around there.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Banned

If I saw a TL with Vertical doors, I'm reporting your a$$ to rice cops. peep this for those who don't know what I'm talking about: A TL is supposed to be a classy car damnit. Go F with your eclipse and vertical doors.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Banned

once again the link is: http://www.ricecop.com/viewpic.php?p...omething-2.jpg
Old 05-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajNYHC
Spoiler?
Old 05-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Laffinitup
I need 10 other people that are serious about getting Lambo-type bolt on doors for their 2002 TL. Go to verticaldoors.com about the info. If you are really serious about this please email me @ richiecoon@att.net so we can get it going. The kits will run 1599.99 for two doors. No cutting or painting required and guaranteed to close like the stock doors. Serious inquires only, please!
oh hell no
Old 05-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Hmmm...let's discuss....

1 - Public forum
2 - Freedom of speech

Maybe I'm missing something?
To be quite frank, yes you are missing something. He's looking for 10 people for his groupbuy. He didn't ask us what he thinks about it. Yea there's freedom of speech but this is not the right thread to exercise that right. And it's always the new members who get beat up. It's not a total surprise that many people can't stand A-TL. I know this is a forum but lets show some respect to every member.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Banned

Unwanted Crappy looking spoiler : Cheap Car :: Vertical doors : ? come on SAT sheit.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Intermediate

If it makes you guys feel better by talking down on people, good for you. I hope there is a certain degree of validation in your remarks that makes you feel more of a man for "using your freedom of speech" rights. Sometimes it makes me wish I wasn't a TL owner. You never hear this kind of negativity in the Civic or Accord Forums. We are not above the other Honda owners just because we can afford our TL's. Just remember that when you take away all our material things, we are all the same!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Rock Star

Talking

If it makes you guys feel better by talking down on people, good for you. I hope there is a certain degree of validation in your remarks that makes you feel more of a man for "using your freedom of speech" rights. Sometimes it makes me wish I wasn't a TL owner. You never hear this kind of negativity in the Civic or Accord Forums. We are not above the other Honda owners just because we can afford our TL's. Just remember that when you take away all our material things, we are all the same!
u know wut bro it was nice of u to drop some info in ur however.....u have 6 posts on this site...so dont come here and start disrespecting people who have been on the site for a long time even years......PAY YOUR DUES AND WATCH WUT U SAY...FOR NO ONE ASKED U TO JOIN ON...... Its all good to have an opinion but dont come on here and starts crapping on members.....NEWBIE.........and if u dont like it sell ur TL and leave.......
Old 05-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Dragging knees in

Yes, we are all created equal. However, we just happen to drive different cars than Civic and Accord owners. No, we're not better than them just because we spent a few thousand dollars more for the Acura brand. But it does distinguish us from the rest of the pack (that's why people buy premium brands) and there are certain things that people, in general, frown upon. Your idea is one of them.

First off, you don't have the slightest clue on the general opinion/norms of this forum. Most of us love the classy lines on our cars and frown upon ricey stuff.

Second of all, Lambo doors on a FOUR-door sedan is the worst idea I've ever heard. But if you want to do it, then by all means, go for it. It's your money, and your Acura. But don't expect all of us on this forum to like it.

Third of all, different message boards have different consensus. If you posted this idea on a Civic ricer forum, then you might get good responses. But if you posted it on, say, LS1/LS2 forum, then you will be flamed to death. Same with us on here. Most of us on here aren't into that stuff, so when a newbie comes on here talking about that stuff, and argues with senior members, then it comes off as disrespectful. A lot of these guys have a lot of knowledge on our cars, and they do real performance stuff, not waste 1600 bucks on some stupid door mod. 1600 would pay for a set of Tein Flex coil-over suspension.

You just picked the wrong forum to post it on, that's all. I can appreciate that you would like Lambo-style doors on your own TL, and the effort for trying to get a good deal for other people while benefiting yourself is commendable. I just wish you would have done it for something more popular like Tein suspension, light-weight performance wheels, etc.

Good luck with your ventures and please don't post pictures if you get it done. :thefinger
Old 05-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Intermediate

This site gets more immature the more this thread grows. It's incredible how people feel they are so much above each other with title's like "Newbie". No wonder racism is still alive. I'm better than you, we are classy, yada yada yada! This is funny because some of the "seniors" of this site (since labeling is condoned here) act like I was the one who killed Nick Berg. I just made a generalized statement and it somehow lit a fuse. It didn't single out an individual, however, it brought out the ones that felt a degree of guilt.......If my statement didn't offend you, I commend you for being open minded instead of exploding and telling me to sell my TL like the dick riding John Cena wanna-be. Sorry, but I had to throw in my two cents since I haven't paid my dues yet.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Dragging knees in

Hey, I specifically pointed out that we're not better than others for shelling out a few more bucks for our cars. Also, I merely stated that we like the classy LINES ON OUR CARS. That doesn't automatically mean WE are classy, although some of them may be.

You're such a drama queen. You can't take criticism, and now you're associating this with racism. Switch channels and stop watching soap opera.

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors for your 2002 TL