Valentine 1 Hardwire Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine 1 Hardwire Install

Hello... I Just Purchased A V1 And Would Like To Know If There Are Any Full Length Detailed Instructions On How To Hardwire It Into A 2001 Tl... Thanx Alot..
Old 05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go to acura-cl.com there is a thread on the first page by mr steve i believe there are pics and instructions
Old 05-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Total time: 30-45 minutes.

Tools/supplies:
- V1
- Direct-wire kit
- Concealed unit display
- Screwdriver (+)
- Electric Tape or Zip ties

Directions:
- Step 1.) Make sure you have everything listed in the tools/supplies list before starting.
- Step 2.) Find the direct-wire kit and cut the end off the red wire.

- Step 3.) Now strip the red wire about ½ in. and fan the inner wires out a bit.
- Step 4.) Pull of your A-pillar by giving a good tug starting from the top and work your way down until it loosens. Also, take off the interior fuse box cover.
- Step 5.) Pick a spot for your V1. I chose the tint strip on our windshield so that when you look from the outside in, the radar isn’t visible.

- Step 6.) After choosing a spot, run the 8 ft. straight power cord along the roof lining and down your A-pillar, into your interior fuse box (which should be off). Make knots in the power cord so the cord stays along your roof lining. Use electric tape/zip ties to attach the power cord to the wires already located under the A-pillar for a clean install.
- Step 7.) Chose a fuse. I chose to use Fuse 30A (#12), which is our windshield wiper fuse. I chose this fuse because this fuse isn’t active unless our key is in the ignition and turned to “On II”. In addition, this way you don’t have to remember to keep turning off/on your V1.
- Step 8.) First pull Fuse 30A (#12) by using a pair of fuse removers located in your fuse box located under your hood.
- Step 9.) Slide the red wire from the direct-wire adaptor into the left or right slot of the fuse. Make sure your not inserting the bare wires into the center slot. Also, make sure there are no wires sticking out or else that might cause a fuse to blow. After inserting the red wire into the fuse, put the fuse back in with the red wire in either the left/right slot. It should look something like this…

- Step 10.) Then run the black wire (negative) to a ground. I chose one of the outside screws as seen in the picture above.

- Step 11.) Chose a spot for the concealed unit. I chose to mount it on the upper portion of our gauge cluster.
- Step 12.) Run the power cord from the concealed unit down behind the lower dash located under our steering wheel.
- Step 13.) Plug in the corresponding power cords into the direct-wire adaptor

PM me for anymore info. Good luck!