Too much blower noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 07:14 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Too much blower noise?

All summer I was cruising with the A/C and never had a worry. Now that it's getting cold in the windy city (and I've got the climate control set @ 72!) the blower is making a lot of "wind" noise...I'm wondering if I'm the only one??

It sounds like it's coming from under the glove box. If I increase the blower speed, the noise gets louder. I haven't looked but, it seems like a leaf or something is partially blocking the vent down there and the air is whistling by. Too lazy to look under there so far, thought I'd check with other TLer's first.

"Life begins when you Type - S!"
Old 10-26-2001, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

I've been driving around with the climate set to around 72 also but I haven't experienced what you're describing. What exactly does it sound like?
Old 10-26-2001, 05:58 PM
Jens

Some common items to check.Make certain all the vents are open if they are not the blower will starin and make some noise pushing air against closed vents.It is also possible that a foreign object(leaf stick piece of paper etc.) may have fallen into the blower itself this can cause noise as well Although it is quite easy to remove the blower your dealer should take of this for you.Jens
Old 10-26-2001, 06:06 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by rmarin2
I've been driving around with the climate set to around 72 also but I haven't experienced what you're describing. What exactly does it sound like?
I think it sounds like "SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH"

Seriously though, I do think that the TL's blower fans are a little on the noisy side, especially at higher speeds. But I don't even hear it most of the time!
Old 08-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Banned

Unhappy I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

Mine just started yesterday... It sounds like a belt under the glove compartment and it sounds lik zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and get's louder when the A/C blows harder...

I can't hear it from the outside so it must be on the inside of the vent somewhere.

I can manipulate it a little by pushing the recycle air button on and off. It makes a real funny buzzing noise like a leaf stuck in or a belt buzzing around. Help plz...:banghead:

I also have a gurgling sound when the a/c is on in the center console... Anyone know what that is too.

The air still blows cold and thank God for that cause I live in Dallas and It's hot as :devil: here.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Banned

Oh Great now my A/C instead of buzzzing it now has a deep vibrating sound and the air doesn't come out hard at all anymore.

any thoughts.. the air is cold but doesn't have 1/2 the pressure it should have and it's loud and vibrating?
Old 08-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Small rodents enjoy making homes in tl blower motors. Ity sounds silly but it is very true. I have seen numerous cases of this. Obviously the rodents are long gone by the time you flipe the blower on...they usually take off when you get near the car but all the crap they use to make their little homes stay behind. I have seen all kinds of stuff in their lol. Tissue, leaves, etc. The blower is held in by three eight mm bolts. Unlplug it first. then take the three screws out and drop it down. Sometimes small leaves get in there and can make noise too. Should you need a new blower make sure you get a new transistor. Especially if its a 99. The added resistence of a bad motor or debris in the fins cause the blower resistor to malfunction. I have seen many a toasted wiring on some higher mileage 99 tls.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Banned

Question Groovy

Originally posted by RACINGHART03
Small rodents enjoy making homes in tl blower motors. Ity sounds silly but it is very true. I have seen numerous cases of this. Obviously the rodents are long gone by the time you flipe the blower on...they usually take off when you get near the car but all the crap they use to make their little homes stay behind. I have seen all kinds of stuff in their lol. Tissue, leaves, etc. The blower is held in by three eight mm bolts. Unlplug it first. then take the three screws out and drop it down. Sometimes small leaves get in there and can make noise too. Should you need a new blower make sure you get a new transistor. Especially if its a 99. The added resistence of a bad motor or debris in the fins cause the blower resistor to malfunction. I have seen many a toasted wiring on some higher mileage 99 tls.
Thanks... The car is at the shop right now... I asked him if I could check the blower and he said it's very invlolved.. LOL

Mine is a 2000 would I still need a transistor if I wanted to change the blower motor?

I havent bought the book to the car yet cause I just bought it. Could you tell me the way to get to the blower motor?

Old 08-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Vey involved huh lol. Yeah its three screws and 1 2 pin connector. How will he ever manage?? lol. Its easy. Its right under the right side dash. Take the three screws out unplug the plug and drop it down. It sounds like your cage dislodged from the motor shaft but you wont know till you drop it down. As far as the transistor goes make sure you buy an Acura blower. All the ones I have been putting in lately have been coming with a new transistor in the box. Acura knows about the problem and has been including them with the blower motors.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Banned

I don't mean to be dumb.... LOL

JK but are you talking about the screws in the glove box or do I have to go through the hood to get to them? Or am I way off..?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Banned

GOT IT FIXED!

Okay, it was the blower motor transistor shorting or a bearing in there...

They replaced it for $217 and I'm good to go now... no noise and it's wonderfully quiet and cool.

The part itself is like $140 or more so i just had them do it.

Call around dealers because my first quote was $375... and I get a car was : o )