TL last night at UW

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post TL last night at UW

Who's silver TL was that at UW around 7:50pm.
I think he was heading toward the underground parking lot.
The car looks pretty sweet...
Old 03-03-2001, 01:39 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was heading to the underground parking around that time for a talent show. did it have body kit? mine doesn't. I have seen one silver TL with bodykit but it's not dropped. mine's dropped.

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Bra - XPEL clear bra, that is.
Pikkachu on the back passenger window
Old 03-03-2001, 01:57 PM
The Doctor

what were you doing there?
Old 03-03-2001, 01:57 PM
The Doctor

yeah

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Old 03-03-2001, 01:59 PM
The Doctor

here you go, my sig works now.

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by UW TL on March 03, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-03-2001, 04:06 PM
Instructor

I was heading to the talent show too but we couldn't get in damn it....It was probably your TL I saw. Dang I want to drop my TL now too... Right now it's in the shop for repairs... I'm driving a domestic for now...wow it sucks ass...
Lynnwood acura charges $700 to perform the drop!!! Tell me where you got your tl dropped?
Thanks
Old 03-03-2001, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Yo DEEZNUTZ, I know a place in bellevue near the Bellevue of Acura that can drop your car for pretty cheap. They quoted me $355 for the drop and springs. It is called R-sports, not TSR Motorsports. It is on the same side as the dealership, but before it. It is owned by Hong Kong people. Helps if you speak chinese. Give me a call if you need to know more. Are you asian? How old are you?

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*Interior black light and piaa superbright door lights
*More mods to come!!
Old 03-03-2001, 05:06 PM
Instructor

YuP...The 22 years old. damn I feel kind of old now I think about it.
What kind of spring do they use?
When are you going to drop your TL?
Let me know how it when thanks.
Yo UW TL how was the talent show?
Old 03-03-2001, 05:52 PM
Instructor

They use several brands of springs. YOu can actually pick what you want. I don't know when I will get them because I want to see the new RS-X before I do anything to the TL. A 200hp 6 speed manual tranny will be sweet.

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*More mods to come!!
Old 03-03-2001, 06:16 PM

I want to drop mine for that price. I live in Portland Oregon. I would drive up there to drop mine. Around here they are asking like 600 and up with the comptech springs. Let me know what springs they use. I want to get the comptech ones.

------------------
Blue 2001 Acura TL
Factory Body Kit
Factory Spoiler
More mods to come when i have cash
Old 03-03-2001, 06:39 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Show some pride and do it yourself. It's not hard to do and when your done it feels reeeeeal good you did it yourself. There are instructions and pics posted on this site and we all are here to help you and answer questions. All these mods are expensive alone, I can't imagine paying for labor to remove a few bolts and then reinstalling them. I think UWTL installed his CT springs himself (in the winter, even), ask him if it was worth it. It makes for a good learning experience.
Old 03-03-2001, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Shoot i'm up for it...
What tools and other things do I need to install comptech springs.
Hey UW TL, do you have any problems with your springs?
Old 03-03-2001, 07:43 PM
The Doctor

yeah just like Brewboy said, I installed the comptech springs with a friend, and it took us about 7 hours. If you got time and energy and want to have some learning experience, then i think it's worth it. I could have just let someone else do it (liike R-sports in bellevue, they quoted me for $150 for the labor) but i wanted to learn more about my car. I bascially read shoofin' instructions and had my service manual ready before i did anything. then I borrowed tools from my friend and started doing it.

it took us so long because the spring compressor that we got was cheap. I mean i rented it (for free) and it was tiring and slow to use those manual ones. the reason why shops do it so fast is because they got the power spring compressors. compressing springs (stock and comptech) was the most time-consuming part.

and of course you need two jacking stands, hydrolic jack, and the basic tools for car mechanics (wrenches, etc)

now my comptech springs are performing well, no noises heard, no problems. And I aligned my car like 300-400 miles after I dropped it, to ensure that it settled a bit.

OH yeah DEEZNUTS, the talent show was not bad. I couldn't get it at first too because we got there late!! so we just went to chinatown and had some pearl drinks and came back at around 9:30 and there were seats so we just got in. So we only saw the latter part of the show but it was worth it still.

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Old 03-03-2001, 07:59 PM
Racer

You need metric tools, 12, 14, and 17mm sockets and open-ended box wrenches, 5 mmm allen key and a macpherson strut compressor w/wrench to match if i remember right. I just did one wheel at a time with the car jack itself. Shoofin' supplies great instructions/pics but after the first one, I found a short cut for the other front. I haven't done the rears yet - waiting on warmer weather but I'm installing Koni's w/OE springs but the process is the same.
Old 03-03-2001, 08:06 PM
The Doctor

so brewboy, you are driving with your front dropped only? now that's interesting yeah there are shortcuts that you can do to yank out the front shocks (instead of following shoofin's instructions step by step). dang man you still remember that i did it in the winter? it was cold as heck... we did the fronts outside and then it was just wayyyy to cold so we did the rear in the garage..
Old 03-03-2001, 08:14 PM
Instructor

We got to get a meet together with the area TLs. How many are around here? 5 or 6? Anyways, let's plan something out. Yeah, doing your own spring is cool, only if you really want to try something new. I would too, but I will probably take it to R-sports just to save time.

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*More mods to come!!
Old 03-03-2001, 08:37 PM
Racer

Yeah, I used the lower perch on the Koni's w/OE springs to drop 1" in the front. I now have an equal wheel gap between the front and back. Still deceiding on whether to drop the back an inch or not. Probably not, personnaly I like an even wheel gap more than a level front/back. I like being able to adjust the spring damper from stock to reeeeaaly tight.
What bugs me is the I have a difference of about 3/8-1/2" difference between the left and right sides. UWTL, I think you had a 1/4' difference with the CT springs. Any resolution? I know coil-overs would fix this, but I don't want the extra stiff ride.
Old 03-03-2001, 08:58 PM
The Doctor

oh? your car is dropped unevenly too? i think the car came this way, shouldn't be a problem.

when nate gets his wheels then we can have a meet.

Originally posted by Brewboy:
Yeah, I used the lower perch on the Koni's w/OE springs to drop 1" in the front. I now have an equal wheel gap between the front and back. Still deceiding on whether to drop the back an inch or not. Probably not, personnaly I like an even wheel gap more than a level front/back. I like being able to adjust the spring damper from stock to reeeeaaly tight.
What bugs me is the I have a difference of about 3/8-1/2" difference between the left and right sides. UWTL, I think you had a 1/4' difference with the CT springs. Any resolution? I know coil-overs would fix this, but I don't want the extra stiff ride.
Old 03-03-2001, 09:19 PM
Racer

Where is Nate? He's been quiet the last 24 hrs. I've been thinking a good meet/run would be for everybody to meet up at northbend or so (I know of a good bakery there), then drive over to Cle Elum and run up highway 97 to Leavenworth. 97 is a great run - all curves with about a 2000' elevation change up and down! I made this run a few times last summer. The best part is having lunch at the brewery in Leavenworth - great beer and good food. Something to think about maybe.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Seven hours!!! damn I don't have the time right now with three finals, two projects, and two presentations left in this quarter.
Can I buy the comptech springs from Acura-TL.com and have R-Sports install them for me? How long will they need my car for?
Old 03-03-2001, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Pavin from Lynn Acura told me $600 for the comptech springs and he'd add the work in under my warranty so if anything goes wrong it'd be covered by the factory warranty. I'd rather have the dealer do it -- one might think they know what they are doing better than your avg rice shop around here -- but still 6 bills plus tax is a little steep if $355 is the charge in Bellevue. Anyone know of any GOOD/RELIABLE places up here in Lynnhood area that can do the work? OTHER than Racing Concepts?

That meet idea sounds good but I have to agree with DEEZ -- finals are just like 2 weeks away. ouch.

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Black
Hopefully rims someday, springs too, inspire tails would be nice, dream list goes on.........
Old 03-03-2001, 10:30 PM
The Doctor

yo DEEZNUTZ, where were you when you saw me at UW? were you riding with some girl?

ryang: I think any rice shops that do a lot of hondas can do the work. It's not really hard.. all the honda's double wishbone suspensions are the same and as long as you know how to unbolt the nuts, then you can do it. As for warrenties.... what's there to cover anyways. The dear might actually replace your shocks for free if they wear out faster?

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Old 03-04-2001, 05:09 AM
Safety Car

Where is Nate? He's been quiet the last 24 hrs.
Sorry! Will never happen again, promise.

The best part is having lunch at the brewery in Leavenworth - great beer and good food. Something to think about maybe.
I'm only 20.
Old 03-04-2001, 02:58 PM
Instructor

I'm just a poor college student . $600 for spring damn... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
Three of my buddies and I went to Dante's to get some drinks before the talent show...But damn time flies when you're drunk...Damn were the girls mad...We couldn't hear our cells ringing inside...
Anyways back to springs, I would sided toward the dealer, but for $600 or $700...Is there other dealership that would stall spring for a cheaper price.
Old 03-04-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro

R-sports moved across the street now near the Rental place. So when are we going to have a meet???
Old 03-04-2001, 03:42 PM
The Doctor

how about 17th or the 18th? we students should be done by then.
Old 03-04-2001, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

Hey UW TL
How does your ride feel now that you have dropped it? is it a lot more bumpier? if you were to take a long trip would it be more uncomfortable?

thanks
Old 03-05-2001, 12:02 AM
The Doctor

at first i thought there was no difference at all! I have already forgotten how stock ride is... all i can say is that it's not a lot more bumpier. Maybe a tiny little bit, and you have to concentrate to feel the difference. I might drive down to Berkeley sometime this summer to visit my friends and I will tell you if it is uncomfortable or not to drive long distance

Originally posted by KMcalTL:
Hey UW TL
How does your ride feel now that you have dropped it? is it a lot more bumpier? if you were to take a long trip would it be more uncomfortable?

thanks

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals