tl advertising

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 11:39 PM

Post tl advertising

I had to write an essay about an advertisement of the IS300. I wrote about how Lexus was very aggressive in trying to sell the IS, and it made me think about how Acura's advertising is very lackluster. Ive only recalled one TL commercial in which some dude is cruising to his house in the backroads. Also, I dont subscribe to car magazines, but when I look, I never see anything advertising the TL. I can understand that they are currently trying to push the mdx, but even lexus with their new ls430 continues to advertise the GS or IS and whatnot. Is it me, or does Acura just not feel like trying?
Old 11-29-2000, 12:26 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I don't want too many people out there to buy a TL. Just in the last 4 months or so I have been seeing TLs all over and I think it takes away from the uniqueness of having one. I like the thought of having a great car that nobody else has.
Oh well, I'll just mod the shit out of the car and make it look damn nice. There maybe a bunch of TLs in my area, but none of them are modded!

Wait, sorry Snook, my bad. Everyone should buy a TL to help Snook stay in business and keep this web site going.
Old 11-29-2000, 12:29 AM
Drifting

Agreed. None of the ones that I see are modd'ed. They usually come up to me and ask about my OEM body kits! Wait till I get my rims! My TL is going to really stand out. I'm getting mo' parts from Snook!

------------------
Y2K silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
38% window tint
Valentine 1
Old 11-29-2000, 12:32 AM

yeh, thats why im surprised at how well the TL sells despite this lack of publicity.
Old 11-29-2000, 02:11 AM

I think the TL sell's itself. I mean us owners tell everyone one that the TL is a great car and good for the price and that is the best form of advertising.

Funny, I never seen the TL comercial on TV only on magazine ads, I've seen the CL-s ad. Don't know why they don't try to advertise by showing the car and how aggressively it can be driven... if my memory serves right, they were showing it cruse down somewhere near a beach or something.

The IS comercial was the a girl picking this guy and the car was driven aggressively by her and the 2 guys trying to make a deal with 2 ther guys in another car...
Old 11-29-2000, 02:24 AM
Pro

Talking

The TL commercials are run in N.Cal once in awhile. They showed the car flying thru some closed course highway with great switchbacks and it switched back and forth from the outside shot at many perspectives and the inside showing the sequential shifter and the LED gear # on the dash as an overlay. Cool commercial. Saw it alot the first two years, but only runs once in awhile now. Must be regional b/c there are so many TL owners and buyers already.

Just a tip (since marketing and advertising is what I do) the car companies advertise not only to attract new buyers, but more to maintain brand loyalty with current owners.
When we TL owners see these ads, we feel even better about our cars and go and promote them to others. Maybe this site is doing so well they decided not to target your areas b/c y'all are doing a wonderful job?

just a thought.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL
H&R Springs
Inspire Tailights-Thanks Tim!
20/30/40 tint

2000 Honda S2000
- no mods ...yet!