tint problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tint problems

ok i searched around this time and this has not come up yet i dont think.

have you had any problems with cops about your tint.

i want 15% all around, but in california. ANY modification to your front windows are illegal (even if its 35% if they want to be dicks)

typically with luxury type cars (cadillacs/acura RL) type of cars, cops dont mind. cops really crack down on like civics and eg/ek and stuff like that you konw

since our cars are in between

i want to know your experiance,if youd been ticketed or not. and at what % is your film
Old 07-14-2006, 12:11 PM
B A N N E D

i fckin hate cops. im doing 5% all around i dont care. im from LA i kno how tha cops r around here. all u g2 is keep your front windows down. its summer time and i usually always have them down anyways. do u plan on tinting the sunroof too? i was wondering if ppl get that tinted.

once when i was driving a 2dr accord w 15% tint a cop was on the other side of the road coming at me and he did a u turn and started following me. he must have been following me for 2 reasons: 1) no license plate in the front and 2) the tint. i rolled the windows down and was about to take a left turn but he stopped following me and passed me up but as he passed he was doggin me big time.

so jes keep an eye out 4 cops and if u see any roll ur windows down and if u have a sound system turn it down. u mite considering gettin a radar detector. i know i am.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:33 PM
B A N N E D

yea i fuckin hate cops too. main reasons i want tint is for shade and believe it or not guys, lots of cops are racist. if they see an asian guy driving or mexican or black. we are morely likely to get pulled over. so i dont want him knowing who is driving

im get a yellow ribbon for my back. haha. i want my license plates e ither

TNGUYEN
or
I <3 COPS
Old 07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, i dont know what the laws are in CALI but im in Florida. South Florida that is. The legal limit in florida is 28%. I have 14% all around. Its dark but not crazy dark to the point where im gona get pulled over by a passing cop. Ive never gotten a ticket for tints at all. Almost did one time but the cop gave me a break. He only checked my tints cuz he pulled me over originally for speeding. Idk, get tints, who cares. Ur not a ricer civic so just get tints.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Instructor

I got a ticket for having 15%(one shape lighter than 5%) tint on the front windows. he gave the excuse of eventually we'll get all of them. I riped it off and got signed off at the CHP and the next day I took it to get tinted again with 5% tint to match the back. Its real dark, but I love having tint.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed that it varies throughout the state. It seems to me that SoCal is more lenient because of the heat and just about EVERYONE has tint in SoCal.

NorCal seems to be more anal about tint especially around Davis area and you see that the majority of the people who get tint in NorCal follow the "No front window tint" law.

I live in NorCal but go to school in SoCal. I have 28% all around and so far no problems in either parts of California .... knock on wood. Also I've passed many cops in NorCal in city streets with my windows up and I have no front license plate, which is illegal in California as well, and I still have not been pulled over for anything. Most of the time, you will get a tint ticket if you do some other traffic violation because they just stack it on.

But as the others have said, if you see a cop, roll down your window.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:27 PM
B A N N E D

cops cars wont pull u over just for 5% tint but if they catch u speeding or doin sumthin stupid then they'll add the tint to make things worst. moto cops are tha assholes tho. watch out 4 them.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:52 PM
ninety nine tee ell

just for 5%? 5% (aka limo tint), is the darkest you can get.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Advanced

I dont even know why would you want dark tint below 25%.

It attracts too much unwanted attention from the cops and so little attention from people on the road, people cant see you in the car they dont want to look your way. For some reason everytime I see some1 with black tint I think he has something to hide, maybe its because the nature didnt make him pretty or maybe perhaps he is doing something illegal like drugs.

Cops want to see you in the car, they want to see what you doing and who is driving the car with dark tint they cant so automatically assume is a teenager and pull you over. I dont blame them, I would do it myself If I was a cop, you never know what is going on, you might pull next to the car and the person is point a gun at you (extreme case) and you cant see him, so its a safty issue too, your visibility is horrible at day time and night time, so some1 with dark tint is just asking for trouble.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:39 AM
ninety nine tee ell

i think most of the time the really dark tints look tacky
Old 07-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
i want 15% all around, but in california. ANY modification to your front windows are illegal (even if its 35% if they want to be dicks)
Shouldn't you be saving money to replace your tranny when it fails?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Burning Brakes

ok i searched around this time and this has not come up yet i dont think.

have you had any problems with cops about your tint.
Did you really search, or are you pullling our leg?

...i want 15% all around, but in california. ANY modification to your front windows are illegal (even if its 35% if they want to be dicks)...
So you answered your question. What are you looking for? Others who do/condone illegal behaivior? Enough already. If you want the tint, get it, if you are concerned about getting a ticket, don't get it. It ain't like you live in florida and are asking how low percentage wise you can or should go, or if people are happier with 28% or 35%...

yea i fuckin hate cops too. main reasons i want tint is for shade and believe it or not guys, lots of cops are racist. if they see an asian guy driving or mexican or black. we are morely likely to get pulled over. so i dont want him knowing who is driving
Maybe, just maybe, you don't tint and are lucky enough that you never get pulled over. If you do, and you have not broken the law, most likely you will never ever recieve a ticket for being asian, or black or a filthy venezuelan, however, rest assured that if you tint, you increase your chances of getting pulled over by a whole bunch, no matter if you are driving like my granda and you are as white as snow and as American as apple pie...