Are there window wind deflectors for 2002 TL???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there window wind deflectors for 2002 TL???

If there are, where can I get it???
Old 04-11-2002, 03:52 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

YES..... you can get it from valuetl.

Old 04-11-2002, 08:34 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody got these (do you like them) ?
Old 04-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

be carful they might slow your car down as per Seotaji. :p
Old 04-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Instructor

Question

I too would like some feedback from anyone that has the Inspire door visors. Hard to install? Do they fit well? Any problems?

I was just about to order the WeatherFlectors, but I'd much rather have all four doors done...

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:38 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Do a Search on that. I know someone got it from Mike.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Banned

Bitium be carful they might slow your car down as per Seotaji.
LOL
Old 04-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by ScotTLTypeS
I too would like some feedback from anyone that has the Inspire door visors. Do they fit well?
Thanks!
probably - they are japan made/designed
Old 04-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Banned

The last car I saw with those things was an 84 ford tempo with curbfinders and 14 inch wire rims. It also had purple tint that was all bubbled. I guess I am just trying to say they are ugly. oh well.
Old 04-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9

probably - they are japan made/designed
Writing from Japan.
My Saber (TL in Japan) has installed this as this is prepared as a genuine option by HONDA.
This rainguard is prepared for mostly all kinds of cars sold in Japan including imported cars as genuine dealer options.
For example, Ford has one for Focus in Japan
http://www.ford.co.jp/focus/accessory/accessory_e.htm
And Alfa 156 also.
http://www.alfaromeo-jp.com/accessor...ive/index.html

Because it is very humid in Japan especially in rainy season and it is sometimes effective to open windows a little to ventilate inside of a car.
By installing this rainguard opening a windows about 2 inches in rain will not cause any rain coming into the room.
But I don't need to open a window of my Saber even in rain, because ventilation is very good.

Also we have many toll road and we have to open window pretty frequently to pay tolls.
Toll booth have a small roof above a car but in order to pas through a booth quickly, we open the window just before we arrive at the booth.
Without rainguard in rain, rain will come into the room at the time.
Old 04-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by sixspdbrd
The last car I saw with those things was an 84 ford tempo with curbfinders and 14 inch wire rims. It also had purple tint that was all bubbled. I guess I am just trying to say they are ugly. oh well.
Whether they're ugly or not is opinion, but I wonder if we're talking about the same thing... There are quite a few cars, trucks and SUV's that have door visors around here...

Can anyone else comment on installation and fit?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:00 AM
Safety Car

Whether they're ugly or not is opinion, but I wonder if we're talking about the same thing... There are quite a few cars, trucks and SUV's that have door visors around here...

Can anyone else comment on installation and fit?

Thanks!
I can't comment on the TL ones, but I've been thinking about ordering them.... they make them now thinner and more optically transparent than before...
My Grandparents have always had them on their vehicles and it is handy to have to open the windows while raining. It seems the design of our TL allows a lot of water in if u do vent while raining (or if the squirts were on!)

The ones my grandparents have are from that ?weatherguard? place that advertises in Motortrend, Car & Driver, etc. They also sell Bug Flectors, all season mats, etc...

They mount inside the window channel on the top -- they had a sticky stuff on the side of the flange that would be pointing toward the outside. Basically, you pulled off a little of the plastic tape stuff covering the sticky so you have a "tail." You then insert them into the window channel (along the top where the window closes) after you have it situated and right, you hold it and pull out that tape, allowing it to stick to the inside of the window channel -- you then roll the windows up for a few days without rolling them down again (allows it time to cure/set)

They've had them for a few years now and they work great!

get em!

I'll probly order me a set soon -- ask value TL if shipping is cheaper if 2 people order (split it) (i mean the shipping from japan if he doesnt have em in stock -- i'll probly order a set too)
~tom
Old 04-17-2002, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Tom - I already ordered them from valueTL yesterday afternoon... Sorry...

I've had the WeatherTech 'WeatherFlectors' on previous vehicles and they install as you said. They are much more streamlined than the type that stick on the outside.

My understanding is that the inspire door visors also go inside the window channel, but attach with some type of clamp like the ones used on moonroof visors. I've never seen this used on door visors before. We'll see in 2-3 weeks...
Old 04-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by songoku
YES..... you can get it from valuetl.

[/QUOTE

does valuetl has the website that i can check it out??
Old 04-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Intermediate

Here you go - Main web bace http://value-caraudio.com/

The Acura TL for the car parts

http://value-caraudio.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=INPARTS

Please report back how the door visors look and feel. I was thinking of ordering the wethertech but not just for the front windows and don't want the ones that glue to the outside ever since I saw the glued on visor flapping in the wind on someone's car going down the highway.

I called Weathertech and they said they would not make the rear set for our TL's. The web side I contacted was http://www.macneil.com/store/prodsea...tem_group_id=4

I guess if enough of us ***** at them about making the rear's, they may, but highly unlikely. Ba$tards.

Take care
Old 04-18-2002, 01:46 AM
Burning Brakes

OK the visors use NO glue to install them. They install using clips with screws that fit into the door channel under the rubber window seals. Took me awhile to figure out how the clips went in but once that was figured out it was easy. Clips with screws hold them in place along with 2 sided tape. The come in a set of 4 for front and back windows. They are built for our cars so fit is perfect. A original OEM part from Honda in Japan. They flow well with our windows and roof line.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:47 AM
USMC Butterbars

Is there a wind deflector for the back window? Does anyone know what i mean? You see them on like camaros. Is there one for hte TL?
Old 05-07-2002, 11:28 PM
jps
Racer

Originally posted by valuetl
OK the visors use NO glue to install them. They install using clips with screws that fit into the door channel under the rubber window seals. Took me awhile to figure out how the clips went in but once that was figured out it was easy. Clips with screws hold them in place along with 2 sided tape. The come in a set of 4 for front and back windows. They are built for our cars so fit is perfect. A original OEM part from Honda in Japan. They flow well with our windows and roof line.
Thanks ValueTL - these just arrived today and the instructions are in Japanese. Nice instructions, with diagrams and stuff but I still...
Old 05-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Instructor

Cool Received and installed...

I just installed the Inspire door visors yesterday morning. I did spend a while staring at the Japanese instructions...

After getting as much out of the pictures as I could, I just started putting it together. I had a little trouble with the first window (front drivers side), but after doing one, the rest were pretty easy. I found that trying to mark the location where the clips should go was difficult, so I just estimated where they should be. I held each clip in place while putting the rubber stripping back. It was then fairly easy to slid the clips to the correct position...

I did not remove the backing from the tape, however, so I'm not using the tape (yet). I'd just rather not use the tape if I don't need to. The front visors seem to be ok without it, but I'm not sure about the back ones. There's only one place that the clip is screwed to the visor on the back doors; the front ones have three...
Old 05-13-2002, 08:49 PM
jps
Racer

I did like ScotTLTypeS - Just the clips for now. Just did the drivers side, and really was not too bad after you figure it out.

So how do you guys that have these like the look?
Old 05-14-2002, 12:54 PM
Acura TL-S

Re: Received and installed...

I just installed the Inspire door visors yesterday morning. I did spend a while staring at the Japanese instructions...

After getting as much out of the pictures as I could, I just started putting it together. I had a little trouble with the first window (front drivers side), but after doing one, the rest were pretty easy. I found that trying to mark the location where the clips should go was difficult, so I just estimated where they should be. I held each clip in place while putting the rubber stripping back. It was then fairly easy to slid the clips to the correct position...

I did not remove the backing from the tape, however, so I'm not using the tape (yet). I'd just rather not use the tape if I don't need to. The front visors seem to be ok without it, but I'm not sure about the back ones. There's only one place that the clip is screwed to the visor on the back doors; the front ones have three...
if u dont use the tape, ur risking water getting in through the cracks. water will find a way in if there any room whatsoever. they wouldnt have put the tape on across the whole length of it otherwise, so dont be surprised if u start getting wet
Old 05-14-2002, 10:49 PM
jps
Racer

I don't know how secure they are without the tape, but they do sit on the outside molding. Only a couple of clips go under the window seal. I want to make sure I am comfortable with the look before taping them!

Besides, I can't get any more wet than I do without them... my only complaint about the car: when its raining and you crack the window the water pools and then pours in on you.

p.s. I'll post some pics...
Old 05-15-2002, 10:58 PM
jps
Racer

pic1

Old 05-15-2002, 10:59 PM
jps
Racer

pic2

Old 05-16-2002, 01:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Looks great JPS throw on some tint and you will really be looking sweet.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:05 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

:wow:

Looks better than I thought!!!
Gotta Love it!!