Subwoofer/parcel shelf rattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Subwoofer/parcel shelf rattle

I had the driver's seat squeak and kind of fixed it, and the sunroof squeak was really easy to fix (ArmorAll on the seal).

However, I'm starting to get a rattle from the back that sounds like loose metalic rods jangling, and it seems to be coming from the subwoofer area, perhaps underneath the rear parcel shelf. I'm wondering if it isn't those two little black rods right under the sub in the trunk.

Comments/suggestions?

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, burlwood shift, Whistler 6-band
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
-Permanent tinitus courtesy of Rockford-Fosgate
Old 12-28-2000, 11:14 PM
Banned

Hey, my trunk is ratteling also. I have two 10" MTX Competition, and a dual 600 watt amp. Everytime the base hits it sounds really shitty on the ouside but not on the inside. The license plate was ratelling also but i put some rubber washers inbetween them. If anybody has any sugestions or anything let me know. Thanx
Old 12-29-2000, 12:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

gomez, not really sure. does it happen when going over a bump? try to isolate the problem.

Asif2002, ive also got a sub, and im pretty sure its the trunk hinge that causes the problem. when i hold down or open the trunk, the 'buzzing' sound is gone. i wonder if that would be covered under warranty

ohh, maybe its the tools/jack?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by mr tl on December 29, 2000 @ ]</font>
Old 12-29-2000, 12:28 AM
Drifting

I got a solution for you. Turn down the volume and it won't rattle on ya!
Old 12-29-2000, 01:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Asif2002:
Hey, my trunk is ratteling also. I have two 10" MTX Competition, and a dual 600 watt amp. Everytime the base hits it sounds really shitty on the ouside but not on the inside. The license plate was ratelling also but i put some rubber washers inbetween them. If anybody has any sugestions or anything let me know. Thanx
I put a small rag behing the liscense plate of my RX to keep the sub from rattling it and it helped...

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, burlwood shift, Whistler 6-band
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
-Permanent tinitus courtesy of Rockford-Fosgate
Old 12-29-2000, 01:55 AM
Banned

Hey, Ya at first it was the license plate and the trunk. I solved the licenes plate problem, but trunk is still ratteling. I am gonna take my car to Acura tommorow and see what they say about it. I was also thinking about maybe putting some insulation back there, mayebe that would help. Anyways if anybody figures it out just let me know. Peace!

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Satin Silver.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:24 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SLVR TL:
I got a solution for you. Turn down the volume and it won't rattle on ya!
But what if the volume is at a decent level and the rattle is still there on the subwoofer??

I have been getting that more and more in the past week. Anyone else still have rattles with their sub??
How do you fix it??

------------------
June 10, 11AM - N. Cali / Bay Area Meet - Click Here!
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>2001 SSM. 02 tails, 02 vent trim, burlwood knob.

Mods? What mods? I can't afford mods, I'm getting married!!
Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 05-17-2001, 08:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Gomez:
I had the driver's seat squeak and kind of fixed it, and the sunroof squeak was really easy to fix (ArmorAll on the seal).

However, I'm starting to get a rattle from the back that sounds like loose metalic rods jangling, and it seems to be coming from the subwoofer area, perhaps underneath the rear parcel shelf. I'm wondering if it isn't those two little black rods right under the sub in the trunk.

Comments/suggestions?

I had that very problem. The dealer put two small pieces of foam between the edge of the parcel shelf and the windshield on either side of the sub. Haven't heard a peep since. Gotta love these f-ckin' rattles.
Old 05-18-2001, 02:58 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Gomez:

Comments/suggestions?

I had that jangling sound too. Mine is coming from the headliner area in the rear. If you sit in the back seat(in the center).. and look up..you'll see a big plastic round screw thing...well thats where mine is coming from. When you hear the sound again try pushing up on it(on that screw thing on top), if the sound stop then thats it.
I went to the dealer twice already and its still there. Let us know if you find it or get it fixed.
Old 05-18-2001, 08:59 AM
Pro

I think that it's the tension bars mounted inside of the trunk. I had to get a wire tie and tie them together,and that seemed to fix the problem. However, my rear deck is starting to rattle now too. I think I am going to put some foam under the rear deck and see if that helps. I really don't know anything else to do.

------------------
Rosewood 97 3.2 TL Premium
-PIAA Plasma Blue Headlights
-PIAA 1400X Platinum Series Fogs
-Clifford Solaris Alarm w/Remote Start
-Alpine Deck 7862
-Punch 800 Amplifier
-Obcon Custom Prefab Box w/Fosgate HX2 subs
-MB Quart Mids Front/Rear
-Infiniti Tweets
-10% Tint
-Weapon R Short Ram Intake