Starting Car Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting Car Problem

I've been experiencing a slight problem with remote starting my car in the morning time, ( a period of where the car is off for about 8 hrs ). What basically happens is that when i do remote start my car in the morning, i hear it crank about 5 times and see that my car doesnt turn on. I would have to remote start it once more for it to actually work, To me, it doesnt seem like its the remote starter, maybe its juss that my car hasnt been on for a long period of 8 hrs so it needs to take more cranks to start. This problem occurs only in the morning because i am daily driver in ne case, my car is always running during the day. This never realli happened to me during the winter, Is it maybe my spark plugs that need to be changed? battery going? Can someone please help me out here. Thank you.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe a connection came loose on your autostart?

My autostart has been acting up a few times lately. If I put the car in park and brake and set the e-brake really fast, the car will crank.... while it's ON Only happened to me once while it was on, but twice when I turned off the ignition and it sounded like it was cranking but it wouldnt catch. My problem is probably a loose connection with my e-brake, I'll have that checked whenever I get back home from school So maybe you should bring your car back to whoever installed your remote start to check all the connections.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Racer

but it starts perfectly fine on the second try, all the time....
Old 06-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you have problems cranking if w/o remote starting in the morning? That would help to isolate your problem.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bxscig
Do you have problems cranking if w/o remote starting in the morning? That would help to isolate your problem.
i was gunna aske the same question....ive never had a problem with my remote start .......YET! lol
Old 06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Racer

nope, no problems starting w/o the remote, juss had to turn the key to let it crank a little longer for it to start... problem is... is it normal for a car to have it crank longer for it to start. I kno its not the coldness effecting it because in the winter time, i didnt have ne problems.

Maybe not pumping enough fuel during the first attempt of my remote trying to start the car? I mean, it only happens over nite, where my car hasnt been running for like more than 7 hrs.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:30 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
nope, no problems starting w/o the remote, juss had to turn the key to let it crank a little longer for it to start... problem is... is it normal for a car to have it crank longer for it to start. I kno its not the coldness effecting it because in the winter time, i didnt have ne problems.

Maybe not pumping enough fuel during the first attempt of my remote trying to start the car? I mean, it only happens over nite, where my car hasnt been running for like more than 7 hrs.
sounds like a bad starter......get it checked out
and if its not that, could be youre battery....tl batteries suck!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 PM
"Here Come The Bulls!"

I doubt it your starter. All cars increase their "cold crank time" as time goes on. the issue is maintenance. Agree with bkzjimmy - however could be a number of other things as well. Get a "returnable" Crappy tire battery. Hook it up in the morning and try your remote start. If it works then change your battery to the brand of your choice. If it not the battery then I think your gonna require the skills of a good mechanic. Any fool can change the starter, clean your fuel injuection, change plugs, etc. etc. until the problem is solved. A good mech. should get it right the first time. Good luck.