Srs Light?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005 | 10:28 PM
DrAnKin HeiNeKeN

Srs Light?????

Wassup peepz, I heard that if the passenger seat belt is rarely used the SRS light could turn on. I recently took my gauges out to do the LED conversion to it and it went real well, all the lights are working. When I put it back in and started the car, the SRS light came on and didnt want to go off. I heard that you can jump some wires under the dash to restart the SRS and it will turn off. I tried that but it wouldn't turn off. Then I noticed that the red seat belt light wasnt turning on either because I usually dont wear my seatbelts and that light is always on, on my gauges. Now the SRS light been on and the seatbelt light isnt. I have 65,000 miles on my car and was thinking about taking it to the dealers to get it checked. Think it is still under warranty????
THANKs.....
Old 05-13-2005 | 02:30 PM
:heart: Boosted Carz

I have the same problem when i installed my indiglo guages. I was thinking about just pulling out the SRS bulb. Anyone know how to get the SRS light to turn off?
Old 05-13-2005 | 09:39 PM
/etc/car

You need to jump the green wires in the smaller yellow block plug (there's 2). It's under the dash by your left knee. I used a paperclip that I bent to fit.

Jump them with the paperclip, turn the car on, wait for the light to go off, take out the paperclip. When the light turns back on, stuff it back in, the light will turn off, take it back out. It blinks twice to confirm the reset. You need to be quick with your paperclip shoving and yanking.

If you know for SURE that YOU caused the srs sensor to trip, then reset it yourself. Otherwise, take it to the dealer because your srs might be borked (as in, you're more likely to get hurt or killed if you need it).
Old 05-13-2005 | 10:08 PM
Dragging knees in

When the SRS warning light is on, the system is disabled, and it won't deploy in case of an accident.

Get it checked out if you want some protection in a crash.
Old 05-13-2005 | 10:28 PM
DrAnKin HeiNeKeN

I already tried taht jumping it, bit it didnt work. My seatbelt warning light (red one under gas and temp meter side) doesnt even turn on no more. I dont use my seatbelts much and that light is always on, but now the SRS is on. I think im going to call the dealers up and see whats goin on.
Old 05-14-2005 | 01:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BuDDaHz TL
I already tried taht jumping it, bit it didnt work. My seatbelt warning light (red one under gas and temp meter side) doesnt even turn on no more. I dont use my seatbelts much and that light is always on, but now the SRS is on. I think im going to call the dealers up and see whats goin on.
seatbelts being used rarely causes it. either you did domething to cause it, or there is a malfunction. if jumping it didnt work you didnt do it quickenough or there is a problem, and like Pure Adrenaline said, if the light is on NONE of your air bags work! so either try resetting the light again or get it into the shop
Old 05-14-2005 | 12:39 PM
DrAnKin HeiNeKeN

I tried jumping it again today and guess what....??? That damnn thing worked. You have to do it real fast though. I had my little brother turn the ignition for me and after a couple tries, it turned off. Like they said you have to put the paper clip in the little yellow box, then turn the ignition ON, wait til the SRS light turns off, remove it the clip, the SRS light turns on again, then you put the clip back in and the SRS light should blink, and then turn off. You have to be real fast with putting the clip in and out. I saved me some money from going to the dealers. My seat belt warning light still is not working, but I dont really care about that, as long as the SRS light is off, i feel more safe now.
Old 05-14-2005 | 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

when the srs light is on, and the seat belt light isn't - isn't that a sign of that seat belt recall... something in the seat belt thingy is burnt... right??..(i'll search later for more info) dealer should replace seatbelts for free. lifetime warrantee on seatbealts.. i'm pretty sure you had the seatbelt recall,..
Old 05-15-2005 | 03:07 AM

awesome, thanks for the info guys. I will try this tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2005 | 10:02 PM
DrAnKin HeiNeKeN

I see, I'm about to call the dealers up about this......thanks
Old 05-18-2005 | 08:19 PM

Need Help!!

which yellow plug are you guys talking about, i tried the one under the steering wheel. I did exactly what you guys said, the srs light didnt turn off...could it be the yellow plug in the 2nd pic? please help thanks
Old 05-18-2005 | 08:24 PM

nvm i got it lol
Old 05-18-2005 | 08:26 PM
/etc/car

Originally Posted by kRaZy_TL
which yellow plug are you guys talking about, i tried the one under the steering wheel. I did exactly what you guys said, the srs light didnt turn off...could it be the yellow plug in the 2nd pic? please help thanks
It's the smaller yellow plug with 2 green wires in the 2nd pic. Remember to do it quick. I fitted the paperclip and used pliars to pull it out and push it back in.
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:02 PM

thanks guys for all your help. Saved me $86 bucks. oh yeah, anyone need H&R springs, i have used springs for sale in the black market section.
Old 02-21-2009 | 02:30 PM
bringin lead

bringing this back from the triple dead archives, but these instructions saved me and another member the $80 charge each today - that's $160 total.

instead of the paper clip, i found it easier to use 2 10" lengths of 18 guage wire with all ends stripped. the wire fits well in the plug - which on the 02-03 2G tl is the smaller one above the parking brake with the GREEN and BLACK wires. the wires give better control and reaction time than a paperclip could.