Squeaky seat and rattling sunroof.......anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Squeaky seat and rattling sunroof.......anyone?

Hey guys,

Well havent posted for awhile but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My sunroof makes a terrible rattling noise and my passenger seat makes this terrible squeaking whenever someone is sitting in it. Has this happened to anyone and is this covered by the warranty? Needs some help guys, thanks!
Old 07-07-2001, 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Lightbulb Squeaks & Sounds

There's a discussion about it in the Type-S forum... my car had the rattle in the sunroof like yours and now that I have someone in the passenger seat, it makes a squeaky sound!

You can find it with this link:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=16274

If the above doesn't work, you can go over to the Type-S discussion forum and read what <i>Acuraboy</i> has to say. It's from the past 24 hours so it's somewhat near the top.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-07-2001, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

That happened to mine also....Had it fixed under warranty!!
Old 07-07-2001, 10:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Uh, I think EVERYONE has had these problems. There is some sort of tape your service guys can install to stop the sunroof problem. And it seems the squeaking comes from the passenger side seatbelt latch. Look around in the Type S forum for more info.
Old 07-09-2001, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys for the reply. Going to call the local dealership to make an appointment. Do yall have an estimated time on how long it takes to fix the sunroof, do you think i would need a loaner car?
Old 07-09-2001, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Squeaks and rattles

My first post. Great site!

I had the same problem (sunroof rattle) and it seemed like it happened mostly at night. It was driving me nuts, until I figured it out. My sunglasses were rattling around the holder! DUH!!!!

No disrespect intended, but you might want to make sure that's not it.
Old 07-09-2001, 04:21 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally posted by RedLined
Uh, I think EVERYONE has had these problems. There is some sort of tape your service guys can install to stop the sunroof problem. And it seems the squeaking comes from the passenger side seatbelt latch. Look around in the Type S forum for more info.
I want to second this. I had both problems, and silicon lube on the moonroof-surround cured one, WD40 on the seatbelt anchor (between the seat and the console) cured the other.

These are also the only problems I've had...

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2001, 02:32 AM
Pro

Posted this a while back, guess its just your time now.

Yeah, you'll get a loaner, it take a good amount of hours, i don't know specifically, but i think at least 4.

The seats are going to be difficult to fix right. The center console (if thats a problem, as it is with most others) will have 2 clips replaced.

The moonroof has a tape that they will apply and lubrication.

The moonroof should get fixed fine, mine did, but the center console squeaks can take several different appointments to get it fixed right. I still ahve to take it in and it seems like it gets worse the more i drive the car. i've taken it in twice already for squeaking, and it has resumed again, louder this time.
Old 07-10-2001, 03:28 AM
Racer

sorry guys, quick question.

Are you referring to the moon roof rattling while it is closed, or open? My somewhat rattles a bit when it's opened, and if that's what you're referring to, then I'm going to make an appointment.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2001, 05:14 AM
Intermediate

there's actually rattling (creaking) in the roof more when the sunroof is open then closed....but for some reason....i took my car in to get it fixed and now it's rattlin a little more when it's closed but doesn't really creak when it's open....strange..

and for the seats....yeah...i thought wd40 would solve the prob but i was too lazy to get it and do it myself so i had the dealer do it and it took em about 4 tries but it's finally gone....sigh

but i was wondering about the center console...
are you talkin about when you rest your elbow on it it creaks a lot? or does it just makes noises on its own...
and if it is squeakin or whatever with your elbow on it how do you fix that?? i'm assuming it's from the fricken of the plastic pieces of the underneath part of the top holding bin and the top of the bottom holding bin?? (sorry if that's confusin...)
thanks!
Old 07-10-2001, 07:16 AM
Instructor

I had both issues...Sun Roof, its probably dry, your dealer should fix this for free (and if out of warentee, it's so damn simple he should do it free anyway).

The seat squeaky...I thought my seat (driver) was squeaking...it turned out it was the seat beat fixture (at the top in between the front and rear door) that was squeaking, they tightened something down and it was all better.

matt
Old 07-10-2001, 02:47 PM
Pro

Yes, we are (at least I) referring to moonroof when it is open and tilted squeaks. When it is just open it doesn't squeak, but when it is up and tilted it does.

Yes, i'm talking center console when i rest my arm on it. Call me picky, but i don't consider merely 'not' resting my arm on it a solution.

Seats also squeak on slow mph turns.

There are lots of potential squeaks for our car (at least 99-01) seat belt clips, center console, moonroof/sunroof, seats these are all i can think of now.
Old 07-10-2001, 03:25 PM
Burning Brakes

My sunroof rattles when it is closed. And I dont think my center console rattles, its mainly just whenever someone is sitting in the passenger seat. already made an appt so thats cool. thanks everyone!!