Spilled Slurpee

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001 | 10:25 AM
Cruisin'

Angry Spilled Slurpee

I'm coming back from playing basketball with my friends in the car. We're all hot and thirsty, so it was pretty easy for them to talk me in to stopping at the gas station to get a slurpee. Of course I tell them to keep it in their laps and if any spills they die a slow painful death. I'm the last one to pay for mine, but when I get to the car I see my friend in the front seat frantically wiping and eating slurpee off my damn center console If he wasn't my best friend( and a 300 pound football player) we would have came to blows right there.

I managed to get most of it off, but there's still some way down deep in the shifter area. Does anyone know how to get down in there? I've taken the top part of the shifter off and even removed the armrest, but I can't figure out how to get any further down.

------------------
5% tint, factory spoiler, Infinity Perfect 12.1(2), RF Power500a2. Ungo MS8300 alarm.
2000 Black TL
Old 06-20-2001 | 12:24 PM
Racer

OK, this happened to me. I've been waiting for someone to call on my expertise

You say you got the top part off, but I'll just go through the whole thing.

1) The black ring around the shifter can be removed by gently pressing down on the plastic that it fits into. Make a little space between them and get your finger in. Gently pull it up.
2) The silver piece (gate?) can be removed by gently moving it to one side and getting the notches loose, then the other.
3) Now put your parking brake on.
4) Unscrew the shift knob.
5) Use your key to push the shifter release in. I think its in the lower right-hand corner.
6) Move the shift lever down to the lowest spot (the "1 <> 2" setting). Parking brake is on right?
7) You'll be able to remove the top part of the black plastic shield that slides with the shift lever. Pop it out.
8) Now shift back into park. Help the shield come out as you do.

9) OK here is the big part for me. After spilling root beer in my car, my shifter was very sticky. The thing that gets sticky is the rod, connected to the shift lever, that goes in and out through a hole pointing towards the front of the car. Did that make sense? You'll see it when you remove the shield.
10) Put the shifter into its lowest position again, then clean that rod good! Spray it with WD40 too.

11) Ok, now take that black plastic shield and clean it too.
12) Whlie you're at it, notice that you can easily clean the little letters ("P", "R", "D") with the silver thing out. Do it now.
13) Put it back together. Good as new

Clean the car, keep the big friend.

I hope this helps.

------------------

2000 Navi TL White Diamond Pearl
(they're magically delicious)
Old 06-20-2001 | 12:36 PM
Pro

good ooking out Mentl
Old 06-20-2001 | 01:11 PM
tea elle

You need to start drinking water, and stop putting that shit in your body.

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Old 06-20-2001 | 03:22 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks mentl. I'll try that once I get home.

Actually tea elle I drink lots of water. It's just every once in a while you want something with some flavor.
Old 06-20-2001 | 10:35 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Crazy_Horse:
I'm coming back from playing basketball with my friends in the car. We're all hot and thirsty, so it was pretty easy for them to talk me in to stopping at the gas station to get a slurpee. Of course I tell them to keep it in their laps and if any spills they die a slow painful death. I'm the last one to pay for mine, but when I get to the car I see my friend in the front seat frantically wiping and eating slurpee off my damn center console If he wasn't my best friend( and a 300 pound football player) we would have came to blows right there.

I managed to get most of it off, but there's still some way down deep in the shifter area. Does anyone know how to get down in there? I've taken the top part of the shifter off and even removed the armrest, but I can't figure out how to get any further down.
Sorry to hear that! Remember, beware food and drink in the car! I never allow any food and drinks in my TL, except drinks with lids. The Slurpee did come with lids, right?
Old 06-21-2001 | 12:20 AM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Slurpee lids are no help, squeeze the cup hard enough (which I imagine a 300lb guy can) and the lid comes right off, along with most of the Slurpee.

Anyway, stop drinking that crap and drink water, and get some new friends too LOL j/k

------------------
00 Accord V6 Coupe
Equipped with Axis Sport | Toyo | Eibach | APC | Kenwood | GTS
02 3.2TL
Old 06-21-2001 | 02:32 AM
Drifting

Similar crap happened to me once, but that was because the damn cupholder!!!

Anywayz, thanks for the tips, I will try those this weekend... Hopefully I can clean them up... and most importantly put everything back!!
Old 06-21-2001 | 03:17 AM
Pro

wow~~ thanks mentl.

Old 06-21-2001 | 10:25 AM
tea elle

how about a juice box?

------------------
CL-S Wheels
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Thomas Guide for So Cal
Old 06-21-2001 | 04:49 PM
Racer

my friend just told me he dirtied his backseat of his car... hmm wonder how? lol... (now don't get too graphic)
Old 06-21-2001 | 05:42 PM
tea elle

So, you need to start using juice boxes that don't spill (that's what all the kids use) and a diaper for the other guy who dirtied his back seat.

------------------
CL-S Wheels
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Thomas Guide for So Cal