Someone Smashed My Rear Window

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Someone Smashed My Rear Window

I live in Long Island and the place is pretty quiet. I always look outside my window to check on my car and as usual I looked outside and my car seemed fine. I decided to go outside and get some food, I got into my car, started my engine and looked in the rear view mirror. To my dismay something was awfully wrong, my entire rear window was smashed. The only thing holding it together was my tints. I went outside and looked around and saw a beer bottle next to my car, this was it. After further examination into my rear seats I found remains of the beer bottle. It was obvious someone had smahed a beer bottle into my rear window. The worst thing is, whoever did this was standing in front of my car smahing my window over and over non stop until it finally cracked. Its a scary thought to think that someone has the balls to stand outside and hit it more than once. From the damage I can tell that they struck it about four times. There were four points of impacts on the window. So I called the cops figuring they would do something since the beer bottle was still there as evidence, but when the cop arrived he said he couldn't do anything. He said they could only take fingerprints for murder, so I replied "but they murdered my car". He then laughed it off but I was dead serious. I kept the beer bottle for myself because I am going to be a police officer soon and I vow that when I have access to forensics, I'm going to catch this perp. I'm pretty sure it was some jealous neighborhood kid taking his frustration out becasue of the fact they all drive around in hoopdees. Ohhhhhhhh... when I catch this kid... DAMN... its ova...

Friendly reminder watch out for jealous neighbors...

Now I have to get a new window tomorrow and I have to retint my car... Triple DAMN... Acura actually wanted me to pay close to $900 for window replacing... crazy... its going to cost me $400 at my local shop... not to mention another $50 for tints. I hate my life.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:38 AM
Advanced

Oh yeah...

Comptech Springs or H&R Sports Springs??? Which do you prefer???

Another thought...

I was actually arguing with my friend about this, I hope you guys can help.
I have rebadged my entire car with honda inspire emblems but the thing is I want to clear my front corner orange strips and add on clear sidemarkers. I want my entire car to be cleared but my friend is telling me to leave the front and get orange sidemarkers. He says to keep the whole JDM thing going, he says it looks more classy. BUT I think the car would look so much better if all the lights were cleared. I can clear everything and still have the JDM look but with a more custom look, can't I? Would I really ruin the classiness of my whip?

What do you guys think? Should I keep the orange strips and add orange sidemarkers or should I clear my front orange strips and get clear sidemarkers? your comments will shut one of us up... thanx...
Old 07-18-2003, 05:53 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Someone Smashed My Rear Window

Originally posted by dtxxx80
I live in Long Island and the place is pretty quiet. I always look outside my window to check on my car and as usual I looked outside and my car seemed fine. I decided to go outside and get some food, I got into my car, started my engine and looked in the rear view mirror. To my dismay something was awfully wrong, my entire rear window was smashed. The only thing holding it together was my tints. I went outside and looked around and saw a beer bottle next to my car, this was it. After further examination into my rear seats I found remains of the beer bottle. It was obvious someone had smahed a beer bottle into my rear window. The worst thing is, whoever did this was standing in front of my car smahing my window over and over non stop until it finally cracked. Its a scary thought to think that someone has the balls to stand outside and hit it more than once. From the damage I can tell that they struck it about four times. There were four points of impacts on the window. So I called the cops figuring they would do something since the beer bottle was still there as evidence, but when the cop arrived he said he couldn't do anything. He said they could only take fingerprints for murder, so I replied "but they murdered my car". He then laughed it off but I was dead serious. I kept the beer bottle for myself because I am going to be a police officer soon and I vow that when I have access to forensics, I'm going to catch this perp. I'm pretty sure it was some jealous neighborhood kid taking his frustration out becasue of the fact they all drive around in hoopdees. Ohhhhhhhh... when I catch this kid... DAMN... its ova...

Friendly reminder watch out for jealous neighbors...

Now I have to get a new window tomorrow and I have to retint my car... Triple DAMN... Acura actually wanted me to pay close to $900 for window replacing... crazy... its going to cost me $400 at my local shop... not to mention another $50 for tints. I hate my life.
This is where comprehensive insurance comes in handy! I have a $250 premium, but you may have less. It would be only the cost of your premium to get the windshield replaced, and usually because its a comprehensive claim, they will not increase your premium at all for making the claim.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:33 AM
Banned

Yea, doesnt your insurance cover this type of vandalism and sorry to hear about your car
Old 07-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Racer

About fingerprints - sorry to burst your bubble, but you will have to fingerprint every kid in the neighborhood... Unless they are all fingerprinted already where you live, in which case - MOVE.

Sorry about your glass... Another thing about Acura replacement - I waited for 2 weeks for it to arrive. So you are better off with aftermarket.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Advanced

i got my window replaced today... it isn't oem but it looks the same. i didn't do it through insurance because my premium would go up. NYC law... sucks... 400 bucks out of my pocket is better than insurance going up.

The only thing is now i'm missing tints in the rear and it looks kind of wierd. now i have to spend another 50 bucks tom. for tint replacement... this is just not my week...
Old 07-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where on Long Island did you park your your car?
Old 07-19-2003, 11:37 AM
yee
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dtxxx80
i got my window replaced today... it isn't oem but it looks the same. i didn't do it through insurance because my premium would go up. NYC law... sucks... 400 bucks out of my pocket is better than insurance going up.

The only thing is now i'm missing tints in the rear and it looks kind of wierd. now i have to spend another 50 bucks tom. for tint replacement... this is just not my week...
actually, you may want to call your insurance up and check, from what I remember, since you were not in your vehicle and your car is parked, premium will not go up... I'm about 99% sure of that.

anyway, my condulances to it man...
Old 07-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
man too bad i did not read you post sooner. my recommendation would be to get it tinted before installation. they would be cheaper because the labor is shorter to do it as a standalone piece of glass.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:51 AM
Advanced

thanx
Old 07-20-2003, 11:04 AM
10th Gear

During the winter I was coming home from a ski trip in vermont and as i went under an overpass a rock fell and put a nice crack in my windshield. Insurance covered the whole thing and I'm surprised that your insurance doesn't cover anything that's accidental or vandalism.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Just agree and go away...

Where do you live on LI? I park my car in an outside lot every night... nothing has ever happened yet (knock on wood)...