Seats bubbling

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats bubbling

Hey guys, I was just wondering whether there's actually a TSB for replacing the seat leather if they bubble. I know this topic has been covered before but I just wanted to know if the dealers would actually replace it under warranty since this is really not a safety concern. Is this considered as a defect or just normal wear and tear? There's really no problems on the passenger side, but it's really noticeable on the driver side.

My previous vehicle also had leather seats but I don't recall having this bubbling problem. It didn't have heated seats though, so I'm think that could be the main culprit. When the leather is heated, it softened and stretched under my body's weight?

axleback
Old 03-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Banned

it has happened to several people... for me... they didnt replace... they fixed it somehoe but it never felt the same... now its rougher and harder. i dont know how they fixed it for the other members that have had this problem... but, it will be covered under warranty.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Mine's less than 2 months old, and the driver's seat is bubbled like no other. I'm so sick of this ****. The car is nice, but I've already had to take it in for serivce FOUR TIMES in two months of ownership for various issues.

Time for another trip for the seats and the "pshhh" sound whenever I let go of the brake pedal.

F*CK THIS CAR. I can't even imagine what other problems will come along in the next 40 months of ownership. Christ.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have that issue too!!
fixed at the dealer but it shows up the next day.
sh*t i deleted that album in my acurainspired album.
The pics was nasty if some of you remember.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by this is me
have that issue too!!
fixed at the dealer but it shows up the next day.
sh*t i deleted that album in my acurainspired album.
The pics was nasty if some of you remember.
I remember seeing it on here. Mine is just as bad as yours. This is within 2 months of getting the car.

My first Acura is turning out be a disappointment... dang
Old 03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Safety Car

mine started when i used the heated seat for about an hour.
it felt nice when the heat is on. but when i get out of the car and look, holy sh*t!! what have i done? I only weigh about 125.
You're right, it's very disappointing.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Dragging knees in

Yep, the damn heater. I bought mine in early January, so I've been using it ever since.

I was away at school, so I took my other car instead of the TL-S. I came home for the break two days ago, and as I was getting in the car that night, I was like "WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT!?" My brother goes, "oh, that? it's been like that ever since. I thought it was normal?" That's not normal. If you want normal, go to Illinois (by the way, that's where my '01 Eclipse GT was built, another piece of **** of a car).

Can't anybody build cars right any more? I remember getting my Tahoe back in high school. That thing was built solid as rock, and after 3 years of extreme abuse from a hormone-jacked insane teenager (me), it's still in relatively good condition.

Ugh.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Safety Car

muahahhahaaha!!
so everytime when my passenger wants their seat heated.
It's hard for me to explain it to them so that it doesnt sound like i dun want them to use the feature.
btw, i was able to keep the pasenger seat normal. Now when i'm not home, i have post a message saying
"DO NOT USE THE HEATED SEAT!!
LOOK WHAT HAPPEN TO THE DRIVER SEAT!!"

LOL!!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Dragging knees in

this is me --

Interestingly enough, the passenger seat is in good condition. Probably because when I drive it, I'm alone most of the time. And when my brother drives it, he's alone, too. Very rarely does either of us have passengers.

By the way, have you heard anything about a "pshhhh" sound when you release the brake pedal, coming from somewhere in the engine compartment, on the driver's side? I think it might be a master cylinder pressure leak. Acura did something to it last week and the noise went away for like 3 days and now it's back and getting worse.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Safety Car

havent notice that.
thanks for the look out though.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Instead of having the heated seat buttons, they should replace it with buttons to re-stretch the "leather" tighter.
So far my driver seat is starting to bubble. Any idea what the dealership does to fix it? Do they replace the bottom part of the seat or do they try to re-sow it so it's tight again?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Instructor

BE CAREFUL!!

Be careful before taking it to the dealership to get it replace. They don't like to do it but I just got mine done today after waiting for six weeks (weather has been bad here so I didn't bother to call).

I have to say I am very dissapointed. The replaced one looks totally different than the original. the biggest problem is that they are not able to stretch the leather out like it is from the factory. I have a feeling it's done with a machine at the factory. Like someone metioned ealier, the leather will feel rough. I complained and said I would probably come back to have the passenger side done so it will match.

The worst part is that it bubbled again. After half a day! I have another appointment next week for something else so I am going to try to see if they can do anything about it.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:06 PM

I went to my dealer today and he told me its happening to everyone. He told me that there is really nothing they can do cause it will just come back. So I didnt even get it fixed.

Do you guys think the A-Spec seats would fit on our cars. I like the 2 tone seats.

Mr
03 ABP TL-S
New Jersey
Mr_@yahoo.com
Old 03-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Intermediate

I had both my front seats replaced under warranty about a month ago. Like Vlam said you can definitely tell the different cause it's done by hand rather than machine at the Factory. The Service Manager told me to give it some time and it should stretch out when it gets warmer. If not, he told me to bring it back and they will try to do whatever they can to keep me satisfy. We'll see.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I've had the same problem, but I've noticed the bubbling has gotten a little "less noticeable" by simply not using the heated seats anymore ...

Someone over on the ACL.com board said that it isn't necessarily from the heated seats though ... Think about it, when your car bakes out in the sun (think summertime), the car gets a lot hotter than the heated seats do... right?

Since noticing the bubbling, it hasn't gotten any worse though ... So I'm just gonna leave mine since a lot of people seem to think the dealer isn't doing a good job at fixing it.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by LiQiCE
I've had the same problem, but I've noticed the bubbling has gotten a little "less noticeable" by simply not using the heated seats anymore ...

Someone over on the ACL.com board said that it isn't necessarily from the heated seats though ... Think about it, when your car bakes out in the sun (think summertime), the car gets a lot hotter than the heated seats do... right?

Since noticing the bubbling, it hasn't gotten any worse though ... So I'm just gonna leave mine since a lot of people seem to think the dealer isn't doing a good job at fixing it.
yeah, in the summer, but there's no pressure apply onto to the seat even though its hot.
And when you sit on it. it eventaully cool down.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Racer

well i got that nasty bubbling on the rear seat head rest. i think the sun beating down on the rear passenger sear headrest took a toll on it... looks like a hard and stiff wrinkly pus$y.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BlueXTC
... looks like a hard and stiff wrinkly pus$y.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 03-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Banned

Someone needs to post a pic, cuz I am still clueless on what you peopel are talkign about.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by NYDesi80
Someone needs to post a pic, cuz I am still clueless on what you peopel are talkign about.
Agreed