question about VSA light

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about VSA light

Still breaking the car in. 300 more mile to go.

A question though. If the little traingular VSA light is off when im driving then does that mean that VSA is on? When i hit the VSA button and the orangle light comes on, does that mean ive disabled VSA? Or is it the other way around?

And how will i know if the VSA is working? If the car starts to loose control wil i be able to feel the VSA working? Will the light comeon or go off?

Im confused.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When the light is off it is similar to your ABS. It quietly waits until it is needed. Once it activates, the light will flash. If you hit the button and the light stays on, it means that you have turned it off.

I believe that it always defaults to on (light turned off) when you start your car. If it remains on, there may be something wrong with the system.

The same applies to '99-'01 models with just Traction Control.

The manual explains it in detail
Old 08-10-2001, 10:19 AM
The "old" guy

Ok...I think this thread was posted somewhere but here is the deal with the VSA

It is always on until you push the button illuminating the yellow triangle, then its off.

When it comes on while driving, the triangle will flash as it becomes active.

Ive never been close enough to "losing control" to know if you will feel it, but I have felt it work on wet pavement and in gravel.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:04 PM
Drifting

OK, here's how it works. The VSA light is off when VSA is on, except for when VSA kicks in, where the light is no longer off, but is blinking on and off to show you that VSA is active. Note that the blinking does not mean VSA is alternately on or off, but that it's normally on (light off) and is now doing something (lights on, lights off). When you push the VSA button, the light is not off any longer, but is on instead. Don't get confused by this, because although the light is on, VSA is off. Now when you've just turned on your car, the light is off again, just as if you pressed the VSA button again when the light is on (VSA off), and this indicates VSA is on again, since the light is off and no longer blinking or on when VSA is deactivated. In other words, the light being off means VSA is not being deactivated and not active (on).

Clear?

Just thought I'd write some nonsense during my lunch break
Old 08-10-2001, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, here's how it works. The VSA light is off when VSA is on, except for when VSA kicks in, where the light is no longer off, but is blinking on and off to show you that VSA is active. Note that the blinking does not mean VSA is alternately on or off, but that it's normally on (light off) and is now doing something (lights on, lights off). When you push the VSA button, the light is not off any longer, but is on instead. Don't get confused by this, because although the light is on, VSA is off. Now when you've just turned on your car, the light is off again, just as if you pressed the VSA button again when the light is on (VSA off), and this indicates VSA is on again, since the light is off and no longer blinking or on when VSA is deactivated. In other words, the light being off means VSA is not being deactivated and not active (on).
You must be a technical writer!
Old 08-10-2001, 10:44 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by goaub

You must be a technical writer!
Nah, just read one too many undecipherable Microprocessor Emulator manuals!