Pulled over for Speeding and weaving through traffic..

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Pulled over for Speeding and weaving through traffic..

First off, I was speeding, and I was weaving in and out of traffic.. I was such in a hurry for work this morning..

From the fast lane to the slow lane, tailgating.. He said it took him about 5 miles to catch up to me..

He got me, and I just admitted that I did it..

When he stopped me, he also pointed out that I was missing my front plates, and the front tint was not legal.. time for the front plate to go back on.. I think I'll mount it upsidedown..
and on top of that, my driver's license has my old address on it, and that I was supposed to change the address within 10 days of moving.. I didn't know that..

I must have just zoned out on how fast I was going, i thought I was only going 70-75 or so, but he said I probably was going about 85.. I don't normally drive like that at all.. but the one day that I happen to drive a bit more aggresively, I get pulled over..

But he was cool about it, and only gave me a warning and let me go.. Thank You Mr. Officer!!

Watch out how you drive..
Old 01-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You are lucky...everyone, update your Drivers License address when you move also.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why? I've been at a different address for 6 months. In 2 WEEKS I've been pulled for speeding, both times I've been let go by some cool as hell officers.....neither time could they tell that my address was incorrect on my licsense. I'd rather not pay an extra $10 and spend half an afternoon at the DMV just to change the address. Just me, personally.

Congratulations, Edub....I've been very fortunate lately too.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:49 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Just a warning??? You lucky bastard.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:04 PM
ab
Advanced

Re: Pulled over for Speeding and weaving through traffic..

Originally posted by Edub-TL
First off, I was speeding, and I was weaving in and out of traffic.. I was such in a hurry for work this morning..

From the fast lane to the slow lane, tailgating.. He said it took him about 5 miles to catch up to me..

He got me, and I just admitted that I did it..

When he stopped me, he also pointed out that I was missing my front plates, and the front tint was not legal.. time for the front plate to go back on.. I think I'll mount it upsidedown..
and on top of that, my driver's license has my old address on it, and that I was supposed to change the address within 10 days of moving.. I didn't know that..

I must have just zoned out on how fast I was going, i thought I was only going 70-75 or so, but he said I probably was going about 85.. I don't normally drive like that at all.. but the one day that I happen to drive a bit more aggresively, I get pulled over..

But he was cool about it, and only gave me a warning and let me go.. Thank You Mr. Officer!!

Watch out how you drive..
you are sooooooooooooooo freakin lucky!!!! so i guess u dont wanna speed w/ us to the meet, eh?
Old 01-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ken2000ac
Why? I've been at a different address for 6 months. In 2 WEEKS I've been pulled for speeding, both times I've been let go by some cool as hell officers.....neither time could they tell that my address was incorrect on my licsense. I'd rather not pay an extra $10 and spend half an afternoon at the DMV just to change the address. Just me, personally.
You're right. Unless you tell them you've moved the officer on the street will have no quick way of knowing your address changed. However, most states require you notify the Registry of an address change. In MA, you have 30 days to notify the Registry of an address change or it's a $35 fine.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

haha it's been four years since i moved into the bay area and i still haven't changed my address on my lisence plate yet
Old 01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

whops i meant drivers lisence.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Advanced

You are indeed very lucky. I don't recall one time that I got pulled over and without a ticket to go home with. For those who have not updated their new address, how are you suppose to receive your registration papers? Just curious...
Old 01-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Pro

"One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay “in kind” somewhere else in life."

Anne Morrow Lindbergh (b. 1906)

Old 01-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I sure am lucky..

I guess the reason why he knew it was an old address was because it still had my LA address on it from 3 1/2 years ago..

It strange cuz, I registered my car and all the papers were sent to the right address..

My driver's license doesn't expire until next year.. but it is a free service to update the info on it, just download the form, fill it out, and mail it..

btw, for you Bay Area people.. I was caught going down 101 S right after Marsh rd and stopped at Oregon Expressway..
Old 01-14-2002, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Davids-TLS
For those who have not updated their new address, how are you suppose to receive your registration papers? Just curious...
Here's more food for thought: In MA, if an officer observes your vehicle commit a motor vehicle infraction, but is physically unable to stop you at the time of offense (maybe, standing on the side of the road as you go by), by law he can mail you a citation for the offense. Obviously, the officer is going to check your license plate and get your mailing address from there to send you the ticket through the mail. Now, if you don't get mail any more at that address, you'll never get the ticket! Hey great, you say!! Here's the rub: in MA you have 20 days to pay or contest the citation. If you fail to do one or the other within 20 days, your license will be suspended. So if you never get the ticket, you won't pay it or contest it. Then the Registry goes ahead and suspends your license. They send you a notice about that too, but you won't get it since it is mailed to the wrong address. The next thing you know, you get stopped for something small like running a stop sign or speeding and instead of getting a warning or ticket you end up getting arrested for driving on a suspended license--all because you didn't change your address with the Registry.

Not all states allow officers to mail citations, but many do. Just think about it before you say you're not going to notify the Registry of your address change.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Drifting

In Kansas you have to register your change of address (via the web site) within 10 days of a move, but you don't have to update your physical driver's license.

Which reminds me, I think I should get a new copy of my driver's license with the correct address on it.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:10 PM
Drifting

Got lucky Edub, although in my experience if you are honest and treat the officer with respect you have a good chance of just getting a warning.

As for my drivers license, I moved twice before I finally got my address changed. And the only reason that I got the address changed was because my license had been expired for 3 months(which I was driving on ) and I needed to get a new one. Otherwise, I don't think I would ever have gotten around to changing the address. :o
Old 01-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Damn e-dub, same thing happened to me. I was on the freeway and got pulled over for doing 85 in a 60, aggressive driving, and tailgating. I was late for a school event, so I explained and told him I am sorry I committed all the offenses. Considering I am 17, I am soo lucky to be let off with a warning. From now on, I am going to follow the speed limit and not drive aggressively. I probably dodged a $350+ fine!!! I AM VERY LUCKY!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Edub-TL
I sure am lucky..

I guess the reason why he knew it was an old address was because it still had my LA address on it from 3 1/2 years ago..

It strange cuz, I registered my car and all the papers were sent to the right address..

My driver's license doesn't expire until next year.. but it is a free service to update the info on it, just download the form, fill it out, and mail it..

btw, for you Bay Area people.. I was caught going down 101 S right after Marsh rd and stopped at Oregon Expressway..
Edub--since you submitted the change of address form, DMV was able to send documentation to the correct address regardless of whatever address is shown on your driver's license, registration, or pink slip--current or otherwise.

FWIW--it is possible to get a duplicate driver's license which shows the current/correct address (assuming of course you've already submitted the change of address form); the reason most people don't do so is because they don't want to deal with the hassle of getting an updated license, plus have to pay $12 for one--especially if they just recently paid $15 for renewing their license.

Tony
Old 01-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Lucky you! I've got pulled over to twice now and both time I got a ticket... I treated the police officer as nice as possible, but... O well, who knows.