police caught me.. and told me that TLS is nice

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
police caught me.. and told me that TLS is nice

hey guys.. saturday nite at 10:00 pm.. i went to the bar in fairfax area.. and had couple shots and 2 beers. My friends and I came off from the bar..and drove my TLS to the road.. and less than 1 minute of driving i got pulled by police.. i said oh my god.. my friends seems like scared.. i was very scared.. thinking about money and insurance..
she (the police) told me that she caught me because i made a sudden left turn.. while i was on right side.. i told her i was on wrong side.. she told everyone to get off car.. and search my car.. with 3 police cars.. other police guy told me that he likes my car... and they asked me when i got it.. and how much was it.. ??
2 police guys are checking my car.. i like the style..
Anyway.. the police told me that she is not giving a ticket nor DUI.. because I'm young..and i just got the car... and she just gave me a warning.. but next time if she sees me driving and drinking.. she will give me a dui.. i felt so lucky.. all of my friends said who were in the car.. surprised that i did not got caught..by police.. well.. ever since i driven Acura TLS. i got luck.. because last time i pass the police car in highway.. he just give me a warning..
Old 08-13-2001, 10:47 AM
Pro

Wow, you are one lucky dude. You are DUI and not get ticketed. Don't do it again.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:00 AM
Instructor

You are pretty lucky. Sometimes cops will hang out near popular bars and watch the customers leaving to see who’s drunk. If they make an illegal maneuver, they get pulled over, searched, given a field sobriety test, and then a breathalizer if they fail the field test. I’m originally from Normal, IL, where that happens all the time.

If I have to drive after drinking, I drive like a little old lady. Never give a cop a reason to pull you over in that condition. If they do, act calm, hand them your license and insurance card, and don’t talk or breath in their direction. If they give you a ticket, DON’T ARGUE!!!!
Old 08-13-2001, 09:05 PM
Pro

Better yet, never drink and drive - it's plain stupid and simply not worth the risk.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:17 AM
Instructor

You're lucky! Been there, done that... and it's not worth it!!
Old 08-14-2001, 04:28 AM
yee
Burning Brakes

man...the good old days

once I was pulled over @ 3am, I was driving 45 on a 35, had a few drinks and 8 people in my car (Ford Explorer)! The cop said. "Make sure you get these people home safe!" and he let me go.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:06 AM
Advanced

Re: police caught me.. and told me that TLS is nice

Originally posted by seotaiji
hey guys.. saturday nite at 10:00 pm.. i went to the bar in fairfax area.. and had couple shots and 2 beers. My friends and I came off from the bar..and drove my TLS to the road.. and less than 1 minute of driving i got pulled by police.. i said oh my god.. my friends seems like scared.. i was very scared.. thinking about money and insurance..
she (the police) told me that she caught me because i made a sudden left turn.. while i was on right side.. i told her i was on wrong side.. she told everyone to get off car.. and search my car.. with 3 police cars.. other police guy told me that he likes my car... and they asked me when i got it.. and how much was it.. ??
2 police guys are checking my car.. i like the style..
Anyway.. the police told me that she is not giving a ticket nor DUI.. because I'm young..and i just got the car... and she just gave me a warning.. but next time if she sees me driving and drinking.. she will give me a dui.. i felt so lucky.. all of my friends said who were in the car.. surprised that i did not got caught..by police.. well.. ever since i driven Acura TLS. i got luck.. because last time i pass the police car in highway.. he just give me a warning..
I'm curious as to why you consented to a search? Just because you made a sudden turn doesn't mean that they have a right to you through your car.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:34 AM
MBA
Advanced

>I'm curious as to why you consented to a search?
>Just because you made a sudden turn doesn't mean
>that they have a right to you through your car.

Police don't need consent or warrant to search any car based
on the rule of exigent circumstances. They can claim probable
cause. Whether it's true or not, is really of little consequence to them. He can write his report to state "I smelled alcohol (or pot)"
and whether true or not, you get stopped, searched, ticketed or spend the night in jail. It's really that simply.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:02 AM
Moo
Pro

One time me and a few co-workers went to lunch. There were 2 cop cars parked in the parking lot. After I parked my car and locked the doors one of cop cars pulled up to us...I thought ... man I just tinted my windows...hope this guy doesn't make me peel it off...it turns out he wanted to know where I got my tints done. He owns a 01 TL and was looking for a tint place. It was pretty cool...I guess cops are just humans after all...no offense to any cops out there.

Police don't need consent or warrant to search any car based on the rule of exigent circumstances. They can claim probable cause. Whether it's true or not, is really of little consequence to them. He can write his report to state "I smelled alcohol (or pot)" and whether true or not, you get stopped, searched, ticketed or spend the night in jail. It's really that simply.
Cops will do as they please. A few years back I got stopped a few times for no stupid reason. One time my car was searched...this all happened in Flushing,Queens...I guess the cops thought we (my passenger and I) were a bunch asian punks or something.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:06 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It pays to have a beautiful car!!!!!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:06 AM
Instructor

no offense seotaiji, but what is wrong with your grammar man?!!?
Old 08-14-2001, 10:03 AM
Instructor

my grammar is bad. I know that. because i'm a fob. It is not easy to write a complete sentences. I just can't describe well. Only reason police searched my Acura TLS, probably I did not had my registration card. Or maybe she wants to check my car closely. She even open trunk and the front engine trunk. checking my Nav DVD and car perfume. But she was very kind and all the polices who were there, there average ages are probably 25, they seem very young, just little bit older than me. Maybe they are getting trained.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:08 AM
Instructor

HAHA ok, cool.
I know a lot of FOB friends, they are all cool.
Well, I am glad nothing bad happened to you. Don't drink and drive it is very dangerous as you already knew.

btw, I like Taiji but not the new solo albums her sounds strange.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:10 AM
Instructor

ok..

The police officer did not even let me take the alcohol test, she told me if I take it, she could get me a charge. But instead of me my friend took the alcohol test, he had .02% which was ok. and the police officer told him to drive my TL-S. And other 2 of my friends can't drive because 1 of my friend his license is suspended and the other girl friend, she just came from out of country with No License. well.. I will not drink and drive, if I do. It will cost me lots of money from my bank. Just be careful. Do not drink and drive. Peace.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:38 AM
Racer

<~~~~ Still got a ticket for drivin a nice car =*(
Old 08-14-2001, 12:24 PM
Racer

Don't drink and drive, it's not cool man. I try to sober up as much as ( can before I get into my new TLS. I live in NYC and if you get cought DWI, the government takes your car and sells it at an auction. That is what the punishment for DWI is in NY. Plus you get all the other fines and license suspension and all that. It is not cool to pay a note for over 30gs to Honda Finance for a car you no longer have. DOn't do it.
Old 08-14-2001, 08:36 PM
Racer

whats a FOB?
Old 08-14-2001, 08:41 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

FOB = Fresh of the Boat
Old 08-14-2001, 10:37 PM
Advanced

It all depends on you!

My next door neighbor is cop for a city in Orange Co. and he's really a cool, mellow guy who enjoys his Honda/Acura just like us.

As a matter of fact, he's okay with moding up your ride as long as nothing is excessive (too lowered, 130 decibel system, limo tint) .

Anyways his only pet peeve is that people who cop an attitude when he pulls 'em over for something they know they did wrong and then act stupid like nothing happened.

My advice just listen to they have to say and show them a little respect and you'll be surprised how forgiving they can be. I should know I've avoided 3 speeding tickets this way.