North Toronto Acura Sux

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Toronto Acura Sux

Listen Everyone, Do Not Take Your Acura Or Any Other Car To North Toronto Acura.

They Broke My Steering Wheel While Doing My Ignition Switch Recall And They Broke My Cup Holder Too! Can You Believe These Bastards...
Spoke With The Shop Manager And He Declined To Help And Said They Never Touch The Steering Wheel.. I Was Shocked ... They Pretty Much Called Me A Liar And Told Me To Beat It.

They Changed The Damn Ignition Switch How Can They Not Have Touched The Steering Wheel???? I Have Huge Gaps Around My Air Bag And Steering Wheel Controls Now Which Were Never There Before And They Broke My Cup Holder.

Also On My First Visit To Them They Changed My Oil And Never Put The Oil Cap Back On... I Also Witnessed Theiry Mechanics Abusing Customer Cars By Driving Them Eratically And Jerking The Car Back And Forth...

Do Not Take Your Car To North Toront Acura.. Just A Word Of Advise!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Advanced

I noticed a post from our American friends detailing the good and bad of the dealerships south of the boarder.. I think these types of posts are valuable. These pricks try to penny pinch on almost everything but what they dont realize in the end they lose large. Word of mouth can do loads of damage.
I purchased my car at Sterne Acura and due to their BS I havent taken my car there since I picked it up. I've turned a few people away from purchasing a car from them. They've lost 1000's of $$$ .. I think its a good trade off, A couple $100 in repairs for $1000's in clean profit.
DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO STERN ACURA IN AURORA
Old 10-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Instructor

I live near Stern Aurora Acura...whats wrong ???.....I know they did a bad job which they did brake services on my car and for got to put one caliper bolt back on and I drove with that one bolt hold that piece.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro

I said it once and I dont mind saying it again, NORTH TORONTO ACURA is POS.
I got a paint chip on the front bumper and ask them to repaint it, next week when i pick up my car, they ended up painting my back bumper. And once i ordered a new front lip and i waited a months, but end up they didnt order it at all. The last time I went there was couple of years ago when I had service there, they apparently being very nice to me and drive my car out from the service place instead of me picking it up, I was suspicious then when i turn the car off the key got stuck on ignition switch. I ask the god damn mechanic to pull it out and it was bent. Wtf since then I never go back to place.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Comptech Freak

NORTH TORONTO SUCKS!!!

we almost had a fight with them when we bought the car, and they mark up the price since they knew we will buy it.

then we got mad and went to Strene Acura, they were nice and offered us a gd deal...the attitude is way better

however the service is just so-so, they only have one technician and if he's off, then u have to wait until he's back to check ur car. but at least they are not bad ass as the NORTH TORONTO

Steve Jones at Strene Acura is very helpful and try to do anything possible for me when i bring my car in, coz i have to drive 50km everytime when i need a service.

anyways, don't go to NORTH TORONTO!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Intermediate

Wow

wow man... had no idea so many others had problem with NORTH TORONTO ACURA!

MAN... I will not go there again either.... I can more than efford to fix the problems that they caused.. but the question is why?? Why should I pay for their F*** ups?

I was even considering buying my new 04 TL there next year... but no luck boys! I am going to another dealer!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to Markham Acura. They're Sales Staff and quality of Service is like no other. They have pretty crappy loaner cars (rentals), but you can be assured that if you give them a problem to fix, it's fixed on the first attempt. It's the only dealer I trust to take my car in for service.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Burning Brakes

I've been going to Downtown Acura for years. Their area is little out of the way but accessible by highway, if you don't mind the drive.

As normal policy I guess, dealerships don't normally allow customers in the bay areas. D/T has a yellow painted line in between the service bays that allows you to walk from the service area to the showroom. This somewhat allows you to stop and chat with whomever is working on your Acura. Now I pretty much know who will handle my car and also get them to know me. Believe me, a box of chocolates in X'Mas time goes a long way, 'coz they will remember you when you come back.

When I get things done, the guys do a little extras for me like tightening my airbox cover (K&N problem), etc..

The only gripe I have is they have a lot of clear plastic and the paper mats inside that I have to remove (but I guess it's good).

Raj is the head mechanic there and a very decent, straight-up, no BS guy. He'll tell you what the deal is and if you're not satisfied with the work, he'll take the car out himself.

My Mom goes to Acura of Markham and she seems to like it there.

I think there should be a sub-category for "Dealership experiences" so threads like these can serve as helpful tips to those looking for decent dealerships in their area. We can all share our good and bad experiences.

So in T.O., Terrace Gate and North Toronto is pretty much thumbs down.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toby_TL
I live near Stern Aurora Acura...whats wrong ???.....I know they did a bad job which they did brake services on my car and for got to put one caliper bolt back on and I drove with that one bolt hold that piece.
You answered your own question,.... what kind if Freakin Tech forgets to put back a bolt.. and on your brakes even!!! IDIOTS.. The Techs are fools, a monkey could do a better job and the sales manager is as slimy as they get. I'd like to meet this POS in a bar sometime.

My Cars is out of warrenty now so its really a none issue for me, but I know where I WONT buy my next car.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy crap, with reputation like this, how much longer can North Toronto stay open??? However long that is, it's still too long for my liking, that f*ing place should have been closed down a long time ago. From their incopotent mechanics, to f*ing retards for sales staff, there isn't one good thing about that dealer...
Old 10-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the heads-up, guys!!! I don't use North Toronto Acura today but I'll make sure to avoid them. I've had good luck so far with East Acura in Ajax. They are courteous and competent; both sales and service.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm using Acura 2000 in Brampton, no complains so far
Old 10-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Another bad dealership story

Here another bad one.

Last winter after I switched to my winter rims, I noticed the all-famous bubble on one of my 17" OEM Michelins. I contacted D/T Acura who said that factory installed tires have NO warranty. With Terrace Gate Acura being a few kms from my house, I decided to give them a try. The service advisor was pretty decent and was willing to help me make a claim to Michelin and/or Acura Plus. When I dropped my wheel off, I was told to wait. Then this pimply faced, pencil-necked geek came out storming from the service area. He then looked at me and said "Was that your TL-S rims???!" and I replied yes. He then went ranting like "I knew the equipment we have back there is POS, I just damaged your rim, thanks to these cheap bastards who won't buy the proper equipment!!"

I asked to see the rim but the service advisor was so apologetic and just kept saying "Don't worry, well take care of your rim", When I picked up the rim a week later it was obvious that it was refinished and looked like they resurfaced it. They even put on the wrong sized valve that was an inch too long. I took it to another shop just to make sure that the wheel balanced OK, otherwise, I would ask for a new rim.

Seems to me some of these bad dealerships hire incompetent, sub-standard people that doesn't seem to have a clue on how to properly service a car.

Now it even scares me to think that I will EVER bring my car there to be serviced. I'll pay for the towing as long as my car doesn't go there.

Their sales people are like hawks too, they squabble in front of customers and they are pretty shady and lie to you.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Team Inspire Canada

I have been using Acura Woodbine......Never had a problem.....Paul in Parts is pretty good and knows his cars.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Comptech Freak

just don't ever go to north toronto, period!!!

they don't even bother to wash ur car and give u some coupons to wash at esso!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Instructor

yeah i go to woodbine acura (cuz i live around the corner from there). they are the best. paul in parts is quite the businessman though. you have to haggle with him or else he will try to rip you off. and linda in service... ...she's hot!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Banned

Acura East in AJAX is where I go now. I used to go to Terrarce Gate Acura which is Horrible!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Instructor

North Toronto Acura ===> worse Acura dealership in Tdot

My Storyshort version)
Basically my mom took the car in for servicing, had the windshield looked because there was residue built which couldn't be cleaned. They told my mom that they will not do anything about the residue because I have a modded car and even threatened to cancel my extended warranty (7yrs) due to the fact that my car was modded. (lowered, bodykit, and intake).

Anyways, when my mom called me about it, she wasn't very happy and i wasn't very happy cause they tried to threaten my mom into utter bullshit.

So I bring the car to Markham Acura, told them wat was wrong, they immediately did everything they can to try to remove the residue. (Although they couldn't remove it either). They didn't harrass me about my mods and even washed my car before I left.

Also one last thing, brought the car from North Toronto, paid $900+ tax cdn for a OEM spoiler, but they SCAMMED me. The spoiler on my car is an overpriced aftermarket spoiler which comes crashing down on me when the wind blows just a bit harder.

My Conclusion: North Toronto Acura are a bunch of lying bastards. To the peepz at North Toronto, you have lost the business of me and all my rich friends!