New Guy in need of a little help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:54 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy in need of a little help...

Hello to all,
I'm new to the TL side but I have had a CL Type-S a couple years ago. Anyway, I'm in the process of purchasing a 01 Pearl white TL for my wife. It was a 1 owner, has 100k on it but it is honestly in Showroom Condition (and I'm picky).

For some odd reason the dealer does not have the Keyless remotes. Like everyone else, I will be buying them off Ebay. How do I know what ones to choose If I dont have one to replicate # wise? Do I call the dealer and give the vin# or do they usually all have the same FCC #'s?

Also the car had the transmission recall done at 70k (called the Acura dealer to verify) Will this tranny last a while or is it still a bomb? I LOVE these cars and I'm glad to be the owner of one again!

BIG Thanks!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the key you would have to go through the dealer and in regards to the tranny like you know from having the CL some go and some dont..Good luck
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by 93 sssSVT
Hello to all,
I'm new to the TL side but I have had a CL Type-S a couple years ago. Anyway, I'm in the process of purchasing a 01 Pearl white TL for my wife. It was a 1 owner, has 100k on it but it is honestly in Showroom Condition (and I'm picky).

For some odd reason the dealer does not have the Keyless remotes. Like everyone else, I will be buying them off Ebay. How do I know what ones to choose If I dont have one to replicate # wise? Do I call the dealer and give the vin# or do they usually all have the same FCC #'s?

Also the car had the transmission recall done at 70k (called the Acura dealer to verify) Will this tranny last a while or is it still a bomb? I LOVE these cars and I'm glad to be the owner of one again!

BIG Thanks!
The recall was for a completly different issue and doesnt stop the trannies from failing. So far its hit and miss. THe latest tranny that they have been sticking in the cars with a rebuild date off feb 05 have been holding up (thats when they redesigned parts)
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Without a garage

Hello to all,

BIG Thanks!
hehe, I didn't see this thread before I replied to mine.

it's kind of weird to me this key fob situation we're in. i swear i read in a old thread that you could find the FCC code in the manual or somewhere else, but everyone has said we'll have to go to the dealer.

i'm going to give them a call and see what happens. hopefully they'll be able to give me the code. i'll be frank with them and explain that i don't want to take it up the ass buying one from them.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
The FCC should be the same for all 2G TL's. I recently bought a new remote of ebay because my old one was scratched up. So I matched the FCC to my old one and that number is E4EG8D-444H-A and it worked fine for me.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Retired and Loving It

Hello to all,

BIG Thanks!
If it is an Acura dealer, make them throw in the remotes as part of the deal. Make them find the right ones!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:25 AM
4th Gear

Thanks Guys! The car is not being purchased from an Acura Dealer but I still think its weird that the Original owner wouldn't have the transmitters. Maybe thats why there are so many on Ebay, lol.

I think I'm going to buy a couple and try to program them anyway.
Also the car was mostly highway driven by an older woman, hopefully that will keep the tranny going. I don't want to know what a tranny cost in one of these.

Thanks again everyone for the Help..
Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Pro

damn i dont understand if its a recall shouldnt acura replace mines even though my car is salvage? it barely hit 80k. this is bs acura should replace it no matter what it was on a recall. then i applied for the owner link from acura and it says " American Honda is announcing a warranty extension for the automatic transmission on all 2000-02 3.2TLs, all 2001-02 3.2CLs, and some 2003 3.2TLs and 3.2CLs. The automatic transmission and torque converter are now covered for a total of 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of original sale. We are providing this warranty extension because a higher than normal number of automatic transmissions in certain vehicles may have problems due to defects in material or workmanship beyond the 4-year, 50,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty." it specifically says ALL so my car should be covered. and it doesnt say a thing about salvage vehicles this is a saftey issue isnt it? and acura could be sued if theres any injuries.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro

and this also what they say "Concerned about safety? So is Acura. That's why Owner Link provides up-to-date recall information about your vehicle. Because Owner Link recall listings are based on your Acura's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), they are specific to your vehicle." based on my VIN number so they do know its salvage and still the recall for the transmission is still for me.